Cornwall Football Forum

Sunday League

I know it's been much spoken about, but I'm still not 100% sure on how it's going to work this season. That's not what I wanted to know anyway. Is there a website where you can find the teams, players, scorers, fixtures and results etc? I can't seem to find anything anywhere.

http://full-time.thefa.com/Index.do?league=75095910 

They don't use Full Time to the extent that the Trelawny League does, so we won't know who the top scorers etc are. Most of the information that needs to get across is done so via a Facebook group.

I'm a manager of one of the clubs and I don't even understand what's going to happen. What I believe is going to happen is:

There are three divisions, seperated into East, West and Central. The teams in each division will play each other twice. Once those divisions have been decided, the top teams in each division will then go into a division together, whilst the bottom teams then go into a division. They then play each other like before.  The cups remain the same I think.

Thanks Dave. I know they had a site within the FA Full Time system, I just couldn't find it anywhere. Although to be fair I was scanning through fairly quickly!

Who is it you are managing Dave? Will look out for the results. Thanks for the information as well Dave. I can only assume this new system has been met with positivity?

I've taken over at Wendron mate. A fantastic group of lads out there who have had nothing but success on the field over the last few seasons so I'm looking forward to this season. We had a rubbish result last week but hopefully will sort that out this weekend.

I think positivity was the only way to look at it because it was really the only option. A few seasons ago I managed Camborne Parks' Sunday side. We had a very good run, securing a treble in the clubs final season. The standard was very good. Since then, numbers have dwindled, particularly this season where we have lost the likes of Praze, Porthleven and Troon. They had no real choice but to combine. Personally, I don't like the structure. I don't like the idea of having just four teams in a division. That's the way it is though.

Hopefully in the future more clubs will play Sunday football in order to give their subs/players coming back from injury some game time. I'd like to see more youngsters involved personally. We'all see how this season goes :)

• 2 weeks later...

In my opinion it does look as though Sunday League football is going downhill. Let's hope it never does go underground though. I don't play Sunday League football but used to referee in the league, football wouldn't be the same without it. Good luck managing Wendron's Sunday League Side. How come you've moved to the club to play Saturday football? Thought you were loving it at New Inn Titans?!

On 08/10/2016 at 10:44, JENGLE said:

In my opinion it does look as though Sunday League football is going downhill. Let's hope it never does go underground though. I don't play Sunday League football but used to referee in the league, football wouldn't be the same without it. Good luck managing Wendron's Sunday League Side. How come you've moved to the club to play Saturday football? Thought you were loving it at New Inn Titans?!

I don't like the structure but there was very little choice but to create three divisions. It's also proving difficult to get answers from the league when I pose questions to them, which doesn't help matters. But, I have to be thankful that we have the league after last season.

I'd had enough at Titans mate. Although I played a big part in forming the club and running it, I just didn't feel part of it this season. So, I took the difficult decision to leave and join Wendron. Unfortunately there were more reasons for me to leave than there was to stay :(, which is gutting for me. I'm still not fit to play as my back is still giving me a bit of trouble, but I'm refereeing on Saturdays just to keep myself in the game. I've spent many seasons playing for friends and helping teams out where needed, I'd like to give myself a shot at playing to a good standard for my remaining few seasons before I start reffing. With four sides across Trelawny and SWPL, Wendron was a no brainer. Facilities and people there are also fantastic. 

On 10/8/2016 at 10:44, JENGLE said:

Do you mean the standard of football or are you talking about the structure? If it's the structure what were / are we supposed to do? A committee is only as strong as the clubs who want to be involved. Please feel free to join the committee, take over my job and show us all how it's done. 

Bumdingo, I'm certainly not criticising the work you've done within Sunday League football, that's the disadvantage of talking on a forum as people can sometimes struggle to tell what tone you mean your comment in. I just meant in general. It's been proven that nationally it's in decline for one reason or another, probably because of a lack of teams willing to play rather than how the leagues are run. I love Sunday League football and hope it keeps going for many years to come.

For what it's worth, I'm currently enjoying playing Sunday league more than I do on Saturdays. It's less pressure, more enjoyable, and there seems to be a better community. The vibe is really good and no one takes themselves too seriously bar a few. Of course we all want to win, but it's much more fun when the main aim is to enjoy yourselves!

(no shot at Saturday football, which I love more due to managing though)

On 08/10/2016 at 19:57, Dange'rous said:

I don't like the structure but there was very little choice but to create three divisions. It's also proving difficult to get answers from the league when I pose questions to them, which doesn't help matters. But, I have to be thankful that we have the league after last season.

I'd had enough at Titans mate. Although I played a big part in forming the club and running it, I just didn't feel part of it this season. So, I took the difficult decision to leave and join Wendron. Unfortunately there were more reasons for me to leave than there was to stay :(, which is gutting for me. I'm still not fit to play as my back is still giving me a bit of trouble, but I'm refereeing on Saturdays just to keep myself in the game. I've spent many seasons playing for friends and helping teams out where needed, I'd like to give myself a shot at playing to a good standard for my remaining few seasons before I start reffing. With four sides across Trelawny and SWPL, Wendron was a no brainer. Facilities and people there are also fantastic. 

what happened to you being an instrumental part in leading the club to the Trelawny Prem and eventually senior football? i dont want to say it, but......I TOLD YOU SO!:yahoo:

Still from what ive seen they may well just go and do this without you, you've set them off on a good path i'll give you that, another one bites the dust hey!

5 minutes ago, Sijames said:

what happened to you being an instrumental part in leading the club to the Trelawny Prem and eventually senior football? i dont want to say it, but......I TOLD YOU SO!:yahoo:

Still from what ive seen they may well just go and do this without you, you've set them off on a good path i'll give you that, another one bites the dust hey!

Meow! :mellow:

Standard response from @Sijames there. Having an opinion on something he knows diddly squat about. I didn't expect anything less?

My decision to leave the club was the hardest decision I've had to make in my entire 13 year footballing "career". There were no hard feelings and I continue to offer guidance and advice to the club behind the scenes :) 

Players don't have to stay at the same club for so many years. Yes it would be nice if they did, but sometimes for one reason or another it just isn't possible. It's different if they keep moving around just for the sake of it though. And I'm sure Dave certainly isn't that type. He'll only leave a club if he has to. Am I right Dave?

9 hours ago, JENGLE said:

Players don't have to stay at the same club for so many years. Yes it would be nice if they did, but sometimes for one reason or another it just isn't possible. It's different if they keep moving around just for the sake of it though. And I'm sure Dave certainly isn't that type. He'll only leave a club if he has to. Am I right Dave?

i agree jengle, but half a dozen clubs in nearly as many years has to raise a few eyebrows?:SM_carton:

8 hours ago, Dange'rous said:

I was left with little choice mate :) otherwise I'd have been there for many years to come. 

i know i give you a lot of banter, but thats all it is dangermouse, i wish you all the best with the whistle and will more than likely see you soon at which point i will introduce myself....honest...:ph34r:

That's what I thought Dave. As it was clear to everyone you were very committed with what you were doing at New Inn Titans before you left.

Agree Sijames. In the current day and age it probably would raise a few eyebrows. Unfortunately thought that's not Dave's fault. Or at least I can't imagine it is anyway!

And not having any banter on this forum would be boring. That's what makes it a proper football forum. And life would be boring if everyone agreed with each other all the time.