Cornwall Football Forum

Why St Austell's latest antics don't surprise me

Having read about St Austell's latest misdemeanours up at Callington, seen the behaviour of the reserve team players at the Senior Cup final and watched every single mis-timed, malicious and violent tackle up at Foxhole in December, it is clear that there is a complete lack of control and culture of indiscipline at St Austell.

I, for one, hope they are fined heavily for their latest antics. They must understand that if they wish to have the privilege of continuing to participate in the South Western Peninsula League, there is a basic level of discipline and professionalism which must be adhered to by all clubs.

I really feel sorry for the hard working individuals at St Austell who have brought the club away from the end of the table they have been used to for so many years now. These people must really feel they are having their efforts thrown back in their faces.

I can understand your concerns Dan, I guess it is down to the club to resolve any concerns that they may have. I just hope that this thread can continue with some sensible opinion and debate, because the other threads have gone to pieces with comments that seem to lack credibility. It is clear that some may disagree with your thoughts, I just hope that they can articulate themselves in such a way so that the forum doesn't become a laughing stock.

That's true Dan. Despite some of the comments from Austell players on here over the last couple of days, we (the fans) are really not enjoying this. I was hoping that the nightmare days were behind us after last season's disaster, but we must be under some kind of curse!

The committee must be wondering what they have to do, to just have a successful, controversy free season! :(

It is important not to forget that there are a lot of good decent people involved with St Austell : fans, club and some of the players. I work with someone that takes his 2 young sons to watch most of their games, but is reluctant to continue next season because of the bad messages that are being displayed by a few individuals. Such a shame that a few idiots could spoil what could be a great club. I hope St Austell can sort their problems out.

watched every single mis-timed, malicious and violent tackle up at Foxhole in December, it is clear that there is a complete lack of control and culture of indiscipline at St Austell.

im going by dan blazey's comments, and to be fair the match against callington doesnt put some of the players of st austell in good light... some of the players not all!

St. Austell play a very physical game but in fairness they play to their strengths. I dont see a problem in that, its up to other teams to counter it. As for the Callington incident (based on what Ive read), I am sure that with hindsight everyone wishes all parties had handled it better, however the referee is the man in charge of officiating the game and should be respected, even if you think he isnt having a good game.

I agree with Nanks and say that Town are a good footballing side capable of taking care of themselves.

There has been a degree of hot air and hysteria that probably is not all down to the players and has attracted more attention than it deserves.

Other than the Callington business, which has not yet been judged by authority.

As for the reserves antics, again I wasnt at the cup final as I went up to Taunton to watch Truro, but has there been any kind of formal complaint about them? I know they came to Newquay and IMO contributed to a terrific atmosphere. It got a bit heated at times in the main stand with the banter but after the match everyone was friendly again.

Dan, do you want a fricking Prawn Sandwich with your rant?

As one of the clubs main sponsors, and someone who used to be heavily involved with the 2nd team, i think people really need to stop jumping on the histeria and move on.

Its getting to a point where people are ranting at the club thru pure jealousy.

Whetter, Nanks, Leaner etc are all top men, who when backed in a corner will fight there cause....which is exactly what you want.

Wot would you prefer?!

Despite being a StBlazey supporter who lives in StAustell, I previously thought Dan relatively sensible compared to some of the plonkers who post on this site - however this thread really is gormless.

To say Town are a kicking side is absolute nonsense and he must have been watching a different game at Foxhole or perhaps didn't notice the home side and their antics or the referees poor handling of the match.

I wasn't at Cally but have heard lots of feed back from people who were. Cally should be awarded the game but it doesn't sound like the ref covered himself in any glory either.

Get off StAustell's back - there continues to be this anti-Town element from certain quarters which existed when we were struggling and continues now we're doing well. At least we're interesting I suppose!

Tony - scroll up, I never said St Austell were a "kicking side"; that's been added by someone else.

As for being "anti-St Austell", local rivalry is a healthy part of the game. We had thirty or so St Austell players/fans chanting and singing anti-Blazey songs at the Senior Cup final and do you hear me ranting and raving about that?

:c:

Having read about St Austell's latest misdemeanours up at Callington, seen the behaviour of the reserve team players at the Senior Cup final and watched every single mis-timed, malicious and violent tackle up at Foxhole in December, it is clear that there is a complete lack of control and culture of indiscipline at St Austell.

I, for one, hope they are fined heavily for their latest antics. They must understand that if they wish to have the privilege of continuing to participate in the South Western Peninsula League, there is a basic level of discipline and professionalism which must be adhered to by all clubs.

I really feel sorry for the hard working individuals at St Austell who have brought the club away from the end of the table they have been used to for so many years now. These people must really feel they are having their efforts thrown back in their faces.

Malicious and violent is probably more insulting then calling them a kicking team. Im a St blazey bloke who played for the club for many years,I have been going around this season watching local games and St austell have got good players and a great team spirit.Congrats to all the town players and hopefully see you at butlins next on Friday. :smiley20:

I don't still want to be going on about a match which happened 5 months ago, but I find it hard to believe people are trying to condone some of the behaviour that went on that day. Foxhole were just as guilty; at least 2 tackles were straight red card offences and arguably career-threatening. Just can't be condoned I'm afraid.

Still, let's move on.

I have to agree with Dan Blazey, the behaviour of the St Austell 2nd Team at the Senior Cup Final was a total disgrace. As they say, "when the drink goes in, the brain goes out". In view of their drunken behaviour, I am led to believe that future Senior Cup Finals will now have to stewards.

The Callington V St Austell incident once again gave St Austell "bad press".

In view of the above, I do hope the Cornish Football Association deal with St Austell appropriately.

I very rarely post on this forum but log on most days and enjoy most of the postings on here and it’s a brilliant source of information for people wanting to find out results of other matches and information about local football generally but Pastyman and Danblazey have annoyed me so much I feel I have to respond to the absolute nonsense they have not only posted on this thread but on most other threads concerning St Austell.

First of all DanBlazey , from “St Austell” that says it all, not only do you continuously use this site to sl@g off your hometown club , you then have the audacity to support our biggest rivals down the road! The chant of where were you when you were sh!t on senior cup final day has clearly got to you Dan, not only that you are so arrogant you actually begrudge the St Austell supporters singing songs in your clubhouse whilst we bankroll your club by putting our money behind your bar!! This money is then used to offer our players to come and play for you next season! Our players must be doing something right as by all accounts most of them are on the great St Blazeys shopping list for next season! I’m sure you and your glory supporting mates will all be chanting their names next year . Do us all a favour mate and post about another club, its getting very boring now. Even your Chairman had the good grace to say well done to us after winning the senior cup and he has on several occasions wished us good luck etc on here, try and act like the good people that run your club and not like a prawn sandwich eating supporter and maybe other local football fans may sympathize with you, have you got a Bodmin town shirt for next season?

And Pastyman, dear o dear, how many times can one person make the same point? Once again you have used this thread to label the St Austell second team players, of which I am one, “a disgrace” are you actually suggesting, that after thirty years without a trophy, after being 2 nil down, in the absolute pouring down rain, we smile and clap when our team has just performed an absolute miracle ? what is wrong with you?! I bet if you won the lottery you wouldn’t smile!!

You have continuously time and again portrayed myself and my team mates as drunken thugs when that is 100% not the case, nobody was blind drunk, nobody was abusive, good natured football banter yes, over excitement yes but your inference that we are some kind of hooligan squad is totally out of order and incorrect. Not only did various members of the CCFA comment how brilliant the atmosphere was on the day but several other people including 2 referees I know personally said it was the best atmosphere they had seen at a local football game. Even the Judge, who as we know is no St Austell fan says that the atmosphere created by our supporters at the semi final and during our league games with them was good natured , you clearly have a chip on your shoulder Pastyman, get over it.

Some of the things that have happened recently nobody is proud of, and even some of the things written on here by our own players hasn’t been very clever, we all accept that but the Anti St Austell brigade on here is getting ridiculous! Give us some credit, senior cup winners 2009 , Duchy 4 league Winners and under 18 champions, roll on next season.

Fair play Chris, I was stood next to all the St Austell reserves and supporters as their first team turned things around and won the Senior Cup, absolutely brilliant display by both the team on the pitch and the supporters, they were not offensive, they were not trying to incite any trouble, they had just witnessed something brilliant and responded to it.

I applaud all of them they were truly supporting their side and they were very funny with it. From what I have read it does sound like people are trying to undermine that to some degree, like Knighter said I bet you wax lyrical about them next season if they are wearing a St Blazey shirt.

So fair play to all the success in Town this year, you deserve it.

Guest bigdawg1

Our players must be doing something right as by all accounts most of them are on the great St Blazeys shopping list for next season

Behave yourself sunshine !!! it wasn't to long ago that Blazey beat St Austell in a charity game !! near enough exactly the same line up's bar 1 or 2 !! why would Blazey want players of less quality to step up into the bigger league ? there may be a case for some of these players if they had one the league !!

Apart from the points where he tries to get personal (I am not a glory supporter), it's actually a pretty good post by Knighter and excellent attempt to stand up for his club.

From my point of view, it's all getting a bit boring now and I have no further comment to make on this issue.

Best regards to you Knighter, and, as I often have done on this site (although you don't read those bits), to the reputable club you represent.