Cornwall Football Forum

facilities in mining 1 overall are quite poor

Lets not pick on halestown yes it aint great down there but it costs money to get a pitch right or changings rooms up to standard- money most clubs just dont have. Just look at wendron they raise alot of money for themself and and have people who no the system and what grant money is in place. Hats off to them look at the set up they have. :D

Guest Porcupine

Perhaps Cloughy would like to contribute to Halestown pitch from their junior cup final winning kitty.

Oh yeah. Silly me. They lost!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Take a hint and stop slagging off other clubs. worry about your own faults. which are clearly many

Guest Porcupine

so are the ccfa supposed to resign over this as well cloughy? if your footy was as good as your gob you'd be a legend. its the refs and leagues decision on pitches, not your over inflated ego

Cloughy, I’m not sure how old you are or how many times you have played down at Halestown (Not many by the sounds of it) but take it from me there are worse places to play around the County I can assure you of that, What I will say is that you should be thankful they had changing rooms and hot food after the game because I can remember playing down there when there was no changing rooms and I can tell you that in December it is rather cold and not a nice place to be when chaning into your kit in the back of a van or boot of someone’s car but hey that’s what we do for the love of the game

My how football has changed, The next thing you know you will be wanting 3 fully qualified officials at every leval of the game and games only to be played when the sun is out :D

Gone are the days when you would play in the wind, Rain, Sleet, Snow and Hail it has all changed, So much so that i tackled someone (Yes it was an honest tackle) a few games ago and the ref said that a few years ago i would have gotten away with it but not in this day and age :(

(S**t i am showing my age now lmfao :D )

i have played football for over 15 years in senior and junior football ,i am not worried about food after ,all i am worried about is the safety of my players ,lets try and stop someone getting hurt before it happens ,thats all i am saying ,i just think ccfa most go around and check these facilities ,and it is not just halestown

I don't think that it's just certain clubs or leagues in general it happens everywhere. Community pitches suffer from dog s**t and shredded cans, you just have to sort it out before the game. A decent ref will inspect the pitch before play commences anyway.

went to halestown on sat ,they had granite all over the pitch not safe ,someone will get hurt soon down their ,we need people in place to go around and check these problems out ???? :angry2:

I HAVE BEEN AWAY WORKING SO I HAVE ONLY JUST SEEN THIS TOPIC, UNLESS THE RAIN UNCOVERED SOME GRANITE ON THE PITCH I CAN ONLY IMAGINE YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT GRANITE AROUND THE PITCH,

AS AT THE MINUTE THE CLUB HAS TO CHARGE EACH PLAYER 6 POUND A PLAYER TO PLAY JUST TO STAY AFLOAT [KIT,BALLS,TRAINING FACILITIES ETC, I DONT THINK WE CAN AFFORD TO CLEAR THE SURROUNDING HILLS OF GRANITE, UNLESS THAT IS TROON WOULD LIKE TO LEND US SOME OFF THERE OBVIOUSLY LARGE BUDGET!!!!

I would use the term 'pitch' loosely when describing the playing arena there! I'm sure i've seen horses grazing on it during the week :)

IM TAKING IT YOU ARE ASSOCIATED WITH WENDRON,HAVE YOU BEEN AND LOOKED AT YOUR THIRD PITCH LATELY ? AGAIN WE HAVE NO GRANTS ETC.

mark,you have shuttering for dugouts next to the pitch filled up with broken class ,beer cans,rocks come on mate that is not safe ,you have a large piece of granite on the touch line ,dont worry about troon budget ,and worry about making your facilities safe :thumbsup:

mark,you have shuttering for dugouts next to the pitch filled up with broken class ,beer cans,rocks come on mate that is not safe ,you have a large piece of granite on the touch line ,dont worry about troon budget ,and worry about making your facilities safe :thumbsup:

Im sure any ref worth their salt would'nt let a game start unless it was safe to do so, we play at park road and turned up for one game to find hundreds of glass shards in the top goal mouth you've just gotta get on with it and get it sorted every ground has its good points and bad, im sure you boys wont have to worry about all this next season any how, and good luck to you- cracking bunch of lads. :thumbsup: