Cornwall Football Forum

Slough's Trip to Truro

Guest Warren

I think Brighton Rebel may be over reacting a little, having witnessed a similar posting from Windsor Rebel, I asked someone who was there, I asked the right person because on the day he was the steward who had a word with the four lads referred to (one minor incident), that was the end of it, so they continued supporting their team, that's what they pay their entrance fee for. I am sure having travelled that far Windsor Rebel and friends offered there team verbal support, unlike the Truro Four their conduct wasn't monitored for the rest of the game.

Brighton Rebel in his profile mentions he still hates Wycombe, I remember those days when the Slough support left a lot to be desired, the abuse I and others received for following the Wanderers at that time must make confronting Truro's 'Vocal' four no more than attending a vicar's tea party. We knew those encounters would be unpleasant but we wouldn't have thought about shooting off posting about minor incidents on other teams forums (Windsor Rebel posted on the Windsor forum) if able to in those days or putting letters in the club programme.

I think that referring to anyone as a retard is as bad as racial abuse, thousands of people through no fault of their own suffer from mental blockage, handicap etc. It is a disgrace that both Windsor and Brighton Rebels have used the 'retard' word. It is a word that hurts handicapped people.