Cornwall Football Forum

Junior cup East Result st dennis 5 torpoint 2 AET

Guest BATESY NO 9

Guest BATESY NO 9

A great advert for dutchy football both teams went hammer and tong at each other for 120 minutes. i think St Dennis players would agree we should have won the game in 90 minutes. the difference between the 2 sides was that St Dennis had more in the tank in extra time.

well done to the St Dennis lads and good luck in the Junior Cup Final

torpoint scorers brian Stacey(pen) and Chris Trick

St Dennis lee rickard 3 Browner, and another, sorry can't remember his name LOL

unlucky to the Torpoint lads we've still got the league

Hi Jason thought you would win it when you went 2 - 1 in the 2nd half but the boys showed a lot of bottle to come back and win it. Yes your are right we did have a lot more in the tank in extra time. Didn't think either team played as well as the previous 2 games apart from then first 15 min when you dominated pocession.

The lad Todd and Neil Williams were excellent for you on the night and i thought you looked sharp throughout. Not sure about Brian Stacey 3 games now this year and he hasn't done a thing. Good luck for the league although us Edgcumbe and St Teath will be there i am sure.

Ryan Hayhurst scored our first goal and he along with Chris Brown and Lee Rickard were outstanding.

Guest BATESY NO 9

hi mate, have to agree with you about neill and toddy, top class, I'm starting to get my fitness back now, bit sore after nearly breaking my leg from that dirty 2 footed challenge by you number 12 in extra time actually thought it was leg that snapped luckily it was my shin pad.

stace has been excellent all season he was carrying a thigh injury last night, he still tucked the pen away nicely, were your tatics for your players to kick lumps out of me as the guy that was marking me every time i turned him just kicked me LOL.

thought your number 7 browner was your best player, and ricks took his trock nicely. see you at our gaff for the title decider, should be interesting.

all the best for the cup final, hope you bring it home for the EAST

Guest gunniplayer

well done to st dennis from the players at gunni,hopefully you will do the business against the west and bring the cup back to the east of cornwall

not suprised at the result, st dennis are the better side and deserved winners. no shame in being knocked out by the eventual winners. Credit to torpoint though for nearly snatching it.

Be interesting to see how this result effects both teams, Torpoint have a tough game v Looe on saturday and will need to pick themselves up after last night.

I heard Mutley didnt get on until extra time? strange one that.

Guest tafc.-gaffa

Firstly i would like to thank you and well done to my boys you did the shirt proud, just sorry you could'nt all start/play!!!!

Secondly i would like to congratulate St. Dennis and wish them luck in the final and bring it home East.

On the game i wont go into it to much as it has been said by others but to be honest we were the best side over 90 mins and St. Dennis had it in their locker to push on and find another gear and put our weary side to bed in extra time.

Some class football and heart,passion,big tackles blood sweat and tears- what football is all about!!!!

Again St. Dennis showed class when needed and showed why they should be a senior club but we will be hunting revenge when you come to our placein the league!

But the backlash starts with Looe on saturday!!

Well done both sides a game to be proud of and kept the spectators on their toes!!!!

I don't agree with tafc.gaffa many times on here but i have too on this occasion. Thought Torpoint were the best team up unto the last 10 mins of the game where Sainst realised they needed to up a gear.

As for you Jason always a sign of a good player if the opposition starts kicking a player. There is no way though the manager would have asked anyone to two foot someone or delibrately go out to kick anyone.

If you had scored first when on top in the first 30mins then who knows would have happended. First goal looks offside but the linesman was there so must have been tight. Thought you should have had a pen on 20 but didn't get it, although you got the one on half time which i must give you 10/10 for getting.

Surprised you didn't start with Matt Williams if Stacey injured, although Lee Rickards was injured and got an hat trick on the night. Looking forward to the League game not sure title decider though, alot to play for yet.

Good Luck to Point for the rest of the season.

Guest BATESY NO 9

Brian is our captain and he came through the warm up fine, its the managers decision who he plays, i think he got the team selection right as myself and Brian(my opinion of course) caused you alot of problems.

it was a shocking challenge and the 12 inch stud mark from my thigh to my ankle would show. anyway i know Dave and the lads well and i know that he would never tell the lads to hurt anyone on purpose it was a figure of speech.

we have a long way to go in the season and i feel we will bounce bagk after this final and the league totle will go to the wire.

cheers

:drink: