Cornwall Football Forum

Chimbonda back to Spurs

Guest A LEGEND!

Guest A LEGEND!

My first topic is about a shite moody right back in Chimbonda going back to Spurs after leaving them in a black cloud, i think its a shocking decision to bring him back when there are younger better right backs out there, but id like to hear what the spurs fans think.

Not to sure about this one.

Now going back almost 12 months in a Carling Cup Final, Mr Chimbonda threw his shirt to the ground,

after being subsituted.

This is exactly the same offence that Hossam Ghaly,was verbally abused by spectators recently.

Will Chimbonda,now recieve the same treatment.?

Somersetspur, if I remember rightly wasn't it more that he stormed down the tunnel after coming off rather than thrwoing his shirt to the floor? Although there's a good chance I am wrong as the whole day was a glorious drunken haze......

I dont see why Spurs fans wouldnt want to see Robbie Keane back at the lane, he was quality during his many years there, much better then your current crop of strikers thats for sure.

Cant you forgive and forget, its never easy to accept losing one of your top players but surely you can forgive a man who wanted to have a crack at winning a major trophy and playing Champions League before he calls it quits? :c:

I dont see why Spurs fans wouldnt want to see Robbie Keane back at the lane, he was quality during his many years there, much better then your current crop of strikers thats for sure.

Cant you forgive and forget, its never easy to accept losing one of your top players but surely you can forgive a man who wanted to have a crack at winning a major trophy and playing Champions League before he calls it quits? :c:

I got no problem with him coming back, he's a good player who, if given an extended run of games at Liverpool would score goals.

However, having signed Defoe for £15m(ish), it doesn't make sense for Tottenham to sign Keane permanently, as Spurs fans have seen in the past Keane & Defoe struggle to play together as a combination. What I would do is take Keane on loan for the rest of the season to cover Defoe current injury (which no-one knows how serious it is at the moment), allow him to score a few goals, keep us in the Premier League and then go back to a Rafa-less Liverpool in the summer, and resurrect his Liverpool dream, so then everyone's a winner!