Cornwall Football Forum

WHO WILL WIN THE ECPL THIS SEASON

Guest TAVILAD

Guest TAVILAD

Who do you think will win the e.c.p.l league this year????

I think Launceston and Sticker are looking good , Torpoint and Saltash are obvioulsy in the frame too?

Anyone have any views , next year Tavi will be in the running with there new look young side going ok and

there new signings fitting in perfectly.

Im glad you said next season!! :D

We still have a lot of work to do but we are definately moving in the right direction a top 5 this season would be exceptional finish for us!! :thumbsup:

We are now into my 2nd year with the club and it is a long term programme!!

thanks for your comments :yahoo:

torpoint..four games in hand and with the fittest team in the league, excludin the keeper and maybe one striker...noo.. deffinatly one of the strikers, they have the stamina too take it all the way and win it. :c:

Just because the Keeper has had an injury does not been that he is NOT fit. He may not be fit to play becauce of the injury by he is fit. I do agree with you that Torpoint could take the Championship again this season but it will be a fight to the finish.

We've played Launceston twice, Torpoint twice (once in the cup) and Saltash, and Torpoint have been the best team so far.

Got a double header against Sticker over the next week (weather permitting) so will have a fair idea of their championship potential by 17th Jan.

St Stephen got promoted with us and are a very big side who are difficult to break down , but haven't scored a lot of goals which could make a big difference come the end of the season.

Plus of course the three SWPL reserve sides will have plenty of resources should they need them towards the end ofthe season when the going gets really tough, but so far it would have to be Torpoint for me.

Guest TAVILAD

Well if the Torpoint keeper isn't fit thanks for letting us all know surely that is a weakness for them?

What kind of injury does the keeper have? I've heard he's kept them in with a chance of winning the title

with his clean sheets and stunning displays? But as he is not fit surely this exposes their back line ?

Sticker seem to be moving up the table quietly , and are a good side , but there are still alot of games to go!!!

Just to let you know the Torpoint Keeper is now fit and very well. He had a knee problem which has been sorterd out. He is only 18 years of age and would love to be seem on the winning leaque championship photographs holding the trophy, so LOOK OUT the other sides trying to get their hands on the :yahoo: title of leaque champions

Sticker are indeed in with a shout, however much will decide on when their fixturebacklog games get replayed. Some of these matches, against teams with first XI's will be played under lights and midweek, leaving the opportunity for ringers to be drafted in!!! :angry::angry::angry::angry: :angry:

Guest little dave

even i could play in goal for torpoint and im knocking on a bit. there team like i said work hard for each other and defencively are very good as a team. seeing them twice was enogh to see they will win the league B)

Guest fingerz_ma_boy

torpoint have it in the bag, they have the quality to beat any team in the league comfortably, mark my words torpoint have it in the bag.... they'll also win the the cup to make up for last years final defeat

The league has a long way to go & anything can happen, players changing clubs, injurys, poor form, good form, bad decisions the list goes on!

For sure Saltash, launceston,Sticker, Torpoint & the rest of the top half of the table are all in with a shout!

Who will win it who knows, thats why we all love local football & long may it continue!!!!!!

:drink:

the season is a long hard slug and the team that wants it most will win it!! as everyone has said it will be one of saltash, launceston, torpoint and even sticker. all have good teams and i think it will come down to how they get on against each other that will settle it. Also, i know a couple of the torpoint players and i think they will all agree that the keeper is no moses kiptanui, but they have said nothing about him still having an injury, i was aware he has missed one game recently through a knee injury but thats it, his defence do give him alot of protection and most of the time he has done ok, except for the second against probus, what a donkey!!