Cornwall Football Forum

Plymouth Parkway Reserves

Guest Wilfred

Guest Wilfred

Can anybody see these boys dropping any points? if so who will it be to burst their bubble?

Quality, organised side, who i think are way too good for this league. i think they would easilly hold their own in the peninsulla west division. best of luck for the rest of the season lads, hope you get the 100% record, that would be awesome, but i know your all just interested in going up as champions by whatever margin.

All great lads by the way!!!

Guest Alex Haste

I Would like to feel that St Stephens Borough will give them a good game this time round.

It would make an interesting match

Also how many teams get promotion from the East Cornwall Div 1???

Cheers

Guest Frank le tank

Would like to think that Boro at full strength wud give them a game aswell Mr Haste! All depends if we have every1 available though. As the games we have dropped points in this year key players have had work commitments. No mistaken though Parkway 2nds are different class for this standard and will push for the ECPL next year once they are promoted as champions.

i think we have a group of not just temamates but friends who have grown up playing football together which makes the difference along with a solid spine no week links in any position and some cracking youth players coming through which has helped us to build the foundation for a winning side.

Guest Wilfred

All good mates, very close knit group of players who spend alot of their spare time together, good team spirit and unlike other successful teams in the past like tamarside, i dont think money will prize them away from playing football with their mates!!

Cheers 4 your comments lads. Yeah things seem to be goin really well at the moment, everyones enjoyin their football and the club is pushing forward in all respects. Big thanks to all the people behind the scenes for everything they are doing and those who are making the long journeys to support us.

I would like to think we would hold our own in the peninsula west. We played Glampton in the premier cup, who are top of the peninsula east and only lost 2-1 when we deserved at the minimum a replay. So i definatly think we would compete in the west. Also we have a very young side and we are hungry to prove ourselves at that level. hopefully in a few years we will be able too.

we still haven't played Roach or bude yet, so lookin at the league they will be tough games. St stephens are a good team and so are callington. so we are up there to be shot at amd im sure they are all looking to end our run. :smiley20:

Guest st george9

midfield four in the wall.How do you lads see parkway in the future? i think you have a quality team and will deff go up but will the players be happy with sitting in the 2nds and waiting for a chance with the 1st team?

is the east cornwall prem as far as you can go ?unless the first team move up a level?

test will be to hold on to the players next season when im sure they may be tempted away

think your beat roach and bude, but st stephens borough will be a diffrent game to the one you played at the start of the season :D

hello st george.

At the moment the future is lookin very promising for our club, with the first team currently 2nd in the peninsula prem and us top of ECL 1. The plan is to progress as a club and the plans for the new clubhouse and changing rooms are inplace.

As a team the majority of us have been together for 3 seasons now and in the previous two we have finished second in the P&d premier and also won our league cup. This would have made us eligable for promotion to the peninsula west div 1 but as i understand it you are not allowed two teams from the same club in the peninsula leagues. so no promotion :(

We moved to the ecl for mainly the better pitches and a new challenge of different teams. We were hopin to go straigt into the prem but unfortunatly weren't allowed to.

Hopefully soon the facilities will be up to the western league standard and our first team will finish in the top two and take promotion to that league. Then if we can finish high enough in the ecpl we can apply for promtion.

As for keeping players, if your doin well there is always going to be interest, and i would say all of our squad are capeable of playin higher or already have, and several of the team had offers in pre season. As mentioned in previous threads we are all mates who socialize together so hopefully we will keep playin for the enjoyment.

We also have be alternating players between the first and second team this season. Our first team manager has had a look at quite a few of us and seems to feel we are capeable of stepping up to the plate. So at the mo it is all good.

So have you lads got a similar plan to push on?

Guest The Old Man

Midfield Four,

your team are far too good for the ECPL 1 and undoubtedly you will be in the mix next season in the Premier division. You say your club are aiming to move up the football ladder, and planning for a Clubhouse and changing rooms. That sounds great but the Committee seem to be concentrating all their efforts on the 1st team, otherwise your 2nd team would be playing your fixtures at Bolitho Park and not at Millbay Park. Don't know any other Senior club who do not share their pitch between the first two teams?

Guest st george9

the old man i think argyle have use of bolitho park and help out with the cost ,so the 2nd team have a pitch at millbay that is as good as anything around to be fair

mildfeild four st stephens borough always look to go as far as they can,and like yourself have a good core of young players who have been with the club right through the lower duchy divisons

a few off us have played at higher standerd and there are some at the club that could make the step up now

but are happy to progress with the team :thumbsup:

Hello old man.

Yes st george is correct in what he says about argyle. 3 seasons ago when they entered a team into the south western league a deal was done so that they could use bolitho. In return mill bay was secured for us, which is massive and always in good condition.

It is a situation that everyone at the club is happy with and the committe have been very supportive. Another bonus is that quite a few people who have been dragged in town by the mrs to go shopping are able to use us as an excuse to get out of it so being pretty central means we have had some good sized crowds. Make sure you use it next time you get dragged in! :D

St george

When we played you earlier in the season i was impressed with your set up. Good changin rooms, programme and although may people have issues with it i enjoyed playing on the the 3g pitch. Also think you will end up getting promoted.

Looking forward to playin you in the return fixture, just out of intrest, what positions did you have players missing from when we previously played you?

Guest st george9

hi yes i think from memory 2 in the middle a forward and a centerback,and we were miles off the pace that nite and you lot were right at it,but i think you find a diffrent team when we visit you and hopefully a closer match..not for a while so hopefully there mite be a bit resting on the game and draw a fair size crowd

will it be at millbay park or bolitho? i know you have been able to use it for some games....

I gather ECPL teams visiting Millbay have to pay to park,once they have found a space.Is this correct ? If so it's surely unacceptable for teams travelling up from Mid Cornwall to have to resort to this.I can understand(possibly) that might be OK for the P & D League,but not at this level.Please advise.

hi adlestrop, yeah i know it's unfortunate but thats the situation due to it being so close to town.

hello st george

Yes m8, looking forward to that game, especially if were both at full strength. Like you said could be important so hopefull the croud will be decent. At the mo the match is all set to be played at millbay, so make sure you fitness is up to scratch cos that pitch really take it out of you!

We've got roach this sat at bolithio and they have not lost many, hopefully it'll be a test.

Roll on sat! :thumbsup: