Cornwall Football Forum

Can anyone catch them?

Looking at the SWPL Premier League table, the title is obviously in Bodmin's grips again going in to 2009. But looking at remaining fixtures I see they have yet to go away to the chasing pack including

Buckland, Ivybridge, Dartmouth, Parkway and Saltash and have home games against Ivybridge and Dartmouth to play also.

A tall order for the chasing pack to achieve considering Tavistock and Parkway are the only Clubs to take points from them so far this season but their 3 games or so that they have in hand promise to be tough away days.

Anyone feel there may be a few twists to the tale yet or is it just a formality now?

Guest Peppermint

Bodmin must be odds on favourites to win the league title and there can be few people who would argue otherwise. If you look at the squad available to them then it is a fairly obvious conclusion.

If they do win it for the second year running will they opt to progress - as John the Baptist speculates will they have the resources to do that!!!!!

I'm pretty sure they are not looking to go up until they have sorted out the outdated stand and changing facilities. I think (correct me if i'm wrong please) they are looking at 2010 for building to start!!

The question will then be... will they be making financial cut backs with regards to players to help with the fundingof the new stand? and therefore if that happens surely the playing side will suffer until funds are back in place. And then obviously it is the ever increasing money needed to fund a succesful stint in the Western Premier!

Its all money money money unfortunately