Cornwall Football Forum

Hayle 1 Wendron 3

Hayle 1 (Shiels?)

Wendron 3 Smith (2) O'Neill (1)

Great result for us today with a seriously depleted squad, we didnt even have a single member of our back 4 available, so a real make shift team but everyone playing with 100% effort for each other giving us a much deserved win

Marcus Smith opening the scoring for Wendron from the penalty spot, before Hayle equalised in the second half, late in the game, Marcus Smith and Dan Stidwell combined well to put Mike O'neill free to slot past the keeper and 3 mins Smith controlled a ball on his chest before unleashing a volley from 25 yards out with flew into the top corner to complete a fantastic team effort from Wendron! :clapper::drink: :drink:

Not got your standards set very high then Smithy

obviously not as high as yours bud-perhaps you should have pulled on a shirt and shown everyone how its done! its soooo easy to slate from the sides!

enjoyable game (perhaps not for hayle as they were expected to win) played in good spirit by both teams

lets not forget wendron were missing i think 6 regular first team players today!! so well done to the lads that stepped up to the plate to help us out from the 2nds & 3rds-i think alot of combo teams would give most of this league a good run for their money to be honest! just look at the senior cup!!

But as we at wendron dont pay a penny-even when playing over the bridge, clubs like us will always struggle to attract the more advanced player so to speak.

A big well done to Gary Pascoe for turning things around-quality manager!

those who watched-what were the views on one of the wendron celebrations lmfao!!! :lol: :lol:

ha ha. :thumbsup: if you came on then you must have been watching me for most of the game. I know it wasn't a very good game, but mid table combo teams? surely, if your playing for your first team you can't say they are a mid combo side? I thought that it was a fairly even game and that both sides could have put more effort in?! Your penalty, i think, was dubious, but then so was the ref all game.

ha ha. :thumbsup: if you came on then you must have been watching me for most of the game. I know it wasn't a very good game, but mid table combo teams? surely, if your playing for your first team you can't say they are a mid combo side? I thought that it was a fairly even game and that both sides could have put more effort in?! Your penalty, i think, was dubious, but then so was the ref all game.

i personally thought the ref had a good game right up until he should have shown a red for one of your players trying to break my leg :SM_carton:

i saw the pen incident, howy was tripped pretty blatantly right under the refs nose and with the ball not changing direction-it was an easy decision to make-although i have seen them not given due to poor positioning by other refs.

and stidsy-i dont think many mid table combo sides would win matey :thumbsup: -the perrans,illogans etc id say the top 6 would make them interesting matches, but the likes of st.day,holmans,newquay res (just to name a few) behave!! lol

ava gd new year mate! and bring your shooting boots next time instead of your clogs!! :lol:

What number were you Adam Palmer hahahahahahaha. :D To be honest I was not impressed at all, maybe both eams had an off day, I was very disappointed with Hayle, thought they was a lot better than that.

Smithy - I really think a lot of Combo teams would give both teams a run for their money.

Shooting boots - I wish I had had the chance to shoot. Oh well have a gud new year and no more celbrating like that :P

What number were you Adam Palmer hahahahahahaha. :D To be honest I was not impressed at all, maybe both eams had an off day, I was very disappointed with Hayle, thought they was a lot better than that.

Smithy - I really think a lot of Combo teams would give both teams a run for their money.

Shooting boots - I wish I had had the chance to shoot. Oh well have a gud new year and no more celbrating like that :P

correct me if im wrong-you had a nice opportunity when the ball fell to you on the edge of the area but your clogs were too heavy and you kicked the ground and fell ass over tit!! :lol: priceless!! lmao

yeah ava good one mate!! maybe see you sat for our long trip to vospers-if youre alowed! lol

did not see game,thankfully, but i must say i expected hayle to win handsomely :D well done to wendron putting faith in your reserves although i can see no logic in bringing in a player from another combo club when you must have youngsters in your reserves just as capable as the defenders brought in?

adam palmer is a loyal hayle player who has been there right from the days when they finished bottom of the fal/hels league and would walk into any swpl prem side unlike others i could mention smithy. :clapper: