Cornwall Football Forum

thank you supporters

on behalf of the players derek mick muff and tania i wish to thank all of the supports who came up to support us on boxing day approx (200) supporting us which was fantastic for the players. remember we were playing duchy football about 5 years ago with a lot of these players, the crowd of over 700 was fantastic on a boxing day morning, credit to newquay and i know the players were hurting after but all stood up and shook our hands after the whistle thank you guys and well done to jim and the coaches who i know personaly, we as a club try to conduct our selves correctly so there wont be any other views posted on here we will leave that to the news papers etc, but from a football point of view we had a game plan today we kept out shape well and gave a little bit of the midfield away to hit them on the break and the players were fantastic in being commited and doing what derek asked of them , derbys are always fiesty but the game was played in a commited but honest way, the ref and linspeolpe did a good job for both sides, and we created about ten chances and scored five thats the reason we won the game yesterday, we took our chances and prob played better at the back than newquay but im not going to say anything about newquay as its jims job and nothing to do with myself or any one at godolphin, thank you to newquay jim and the players thank you to the supporters and we wish newquay every success for the rest of the season ( except good friday lol ) happy crimbo guys and the last thank you goes to the players at godolphin i wont name anyone because as a squad team and units they were top draw today and put in some very good shifts,the guys on the bench were so supportive even though not playing so thank you to them , have a good few days off and enjoy christmas and the new year, THANK YOU ONE AND ALL alan metters coach godolphin atlantic fc

Metts my old pal, I was reading that and waiting for the "Maggie Thatcher, Winston Churchill....." to come in somewhere along the way!!

All joking aside, I wasnt at the game but Godolphin Atlantic FC must take a great deal of credit not only for yesterdays fantastic result and the direction they seem to be going in, but for where they have come from in such a short space of time. Especially after all the discrediting they have recieved being labelled as a

'Pub Side'!!

Well done to Godolphin on their great result yesterday against Newquay; Well done to Dereck & Metts and all at Godolphin especially Tania, Nigel & Muff, they are a very good team and can beat anybody on their day; they keep a very good shape and are very well coached. All the best for the rest of the season and a happy new year to you all; kindest regards Blackie.

Thanks Robbie , its great for us to hear that kind of positive praise coming from somebody with your stature in the game. Wadebridge F C are a shining example to everybody in Cornish Football as to how to develop a Football Club and how to develop young local talent.

Good Luck for 2009 to you and all at Wadebridge from all of us at Godolphin.