Cornwall Football Forum

Truro United - anyone know ANYTHING?

Truro United appear to have disappeared. there is no contact currently responding to letters and phone calls,

The Club owes significant fines to the CCFA and to the Sunday League and hasn't paid for insurance this season.

The signs aren't good.

Nalders West Cornwall Sunday League Committee feels that it has no real alternative but to write them out of the League but, if anyone can convince them that there is a reasonable alternative, will be happy to reconsider.

Are the players registered for Truro United ultimately responsible for paying these outstanding fines,Bill?

In theory, yes. The CCFA will, eventually suspend all players registered for Truro United until the fines are paid, both League and County fines.

In the past, the CCFA have allowed individual players to play again once they'd paid a a share of the monies owing.

I remember Gasco folded (before a lot of forum member were born). One of their players wanted to sign for Crowntown and he had to pay £5 to the CCFA as his share.

I wonder what the "share" will be for Truro United? I'd guess it's a bit more than a fiver.