Cornwall Football Forum

St Stephens Boro

Just thought id start this topic to say what a great result st stephens boro had yesterday in the senior cup. we have come up with them every year from duchy division 4 and had some great battles, and its good to see them turning over such an established club in st.blazey after working their way up.

Im sure there are a few clubs like us looking to emulate them next season!!!

Guest tafc.-gaffa

Yeah they really have but i cant be surprised as they p****d our league last year and that will be a big act to follow!!

Dont think anyone has got that in the pemier!!!

Guest st george9

thanxs for the comments chaps it was a great day for the club and everyone there ,and proves that there are some good players in the lower divisions ..a great team display

so much better than you maybe tafc, but 11 v 11, i dont think they were that much better than us and theyd prob admit that, there aint a lot in it. they were a very organised team, the complete opposite of us last year and they deserved to win the league. but if they were in this division now, they be challenging like the rest of us.

Guest Frank le tank

Think we have come on since last season with a couple of good signing and bit more organised so think we'd still do it! Do miss our centre Mid Ben Philp when he is away though. Who i felt was the best player in the league last season and when he went to Afgan was partley due to us dropping a few points last year.

Think consistantcy is always a problem with the Edgcumbe and torpoint though, great attacking teams but sometimes lack defensive responisibilities. Remember they pressed us for alot of the games last season, but would punish them on break. Both great teams though who are more than good enough at EC level and im sure Boro would snap up a few of their players given half a chance!

YEP, I WAS AS SURPRISED AS EVERYONE ELSE WHEN I SAW THE RESULT BUT THE BLAZEY BOSS WAS VERY GRACIOUS IN HIS INTERVIEW ON RADIO CORNWALL AND ADMITTED THAT BORO PLAYED OUT OF THEIR SKINS.

I'VE BEEN REFFING BORO SINCE THEIR DIV 4 EAST DAYS AND I HAVE TO SAY THEY ALWAYS IMPRESS.

WE'D ALL FANCY BLAZEY IN A REMATCH BUT WE CANNOT TAKE IT AWAY FROM BORO, THE RESULT IS WHAT MATTERS.

WELL DONE FELLAS.

Think we have come on since last season with a couple of good signing and bit more organised so think we'd still do it! Do miss our centre Mid Ben Philp when he is away though. Who i felt was the best player in the league last season and when he went to Afgan was partley due to us dropping a few points last year.

Think consistantcy is always a problem with the Edgcumbe and torpoint though, great attacking teams but sometimes lack defensive responisibilities. Remember they pressed us for alot of the games last season, but would punish them on break. Both great teams though who are more than good enough at EC level and im sure Boro would snap up a few of their players given half a chance!

the aquistion of tommy hall a top east cornwall prem ier centre half last year from the champions torpoint was an unblievable scoop for the rookie torpoint gaffa ryan goddard, making young tom his first signing he has set his stool out and any more signings of this magnitude would see edgecombe become a force not just in the duchy leagues but at a higher level

Guest rob carlos

a great effort by st stevens boro and just a glimer of hope for teams such as foxhole and lamerton that they too can get promoted and hold their own in the east cornwall leagues. ive enjoyed playing against boro last leason and without a shadow of a doubt they deserved to win the league. hopefully this season foxhole can emulate boro's success and join them in the higher leagues

Guest tafc.-gaffa

so much better than you maybe tafc, but 11 v 11, i dont think they were that much better than us and theyd prob admit that, there aint a lot in it. they were a very organised team, the complete opposite of us last year and they deserved to win the league. but if they were in this division now, they be challenging like the rest of us.

The league standings said it all and they punished all teams not just the lower teams. Yes we can all say WE MIGHT on a different day but non of us did so as i said they walked that league and no one will follow that act!!

Guest st george9

It is a massive ask to go a season almost unbeaten and we had to be at are best for every game...we let are foot off the gas almost near the end of the season when the title was done,and maybe if we didnt we would have gone on unbeaten

Every team wanted to be the first to beat us ,so every game aginst bottom or top was a battle

i think this year it looks like the duchy prem is alot harder to win..

Guest tafc.-gaffa

You were class last year and your right, everytime you turned up to a game the opposition wanted to take the crown of being the first to defeat you!!

To be honest there are about 5 teams fighting it out in our league and would put my life on it that no-one follows what you did!!!

We played you this pre-season at your place with a 1-1 draw and to my surprise i really enjoyed playing on it!!! As an ageing centre midfielder i was not relishing it but to be fair cos the ground is so true only good footballers can play on it and lesser players get found out!! You know what bad workmen blame??!!! Oh and it was nice to take a pen with it not being in a 6 inch dip!!!!