Cornwall Football Forum

Duchy Premier League

Guest tafc.-gaffa

Guest gunniplayer

the only certainity is that our game against edgcumbe will be called off.no game for another week :(

St Teath 4- 1 Altarnun

Gunnislake P - P Edgcumbe

St Mawgan 3 - 0 Launceston United

Lamerton 1 - 2 St Dennis

Looe Town 1 - 1 Torpoint Athletic

Foxhole Stars 1 - 0 Pensilva

Guest BATESY NO 9

JUST THOUGHT I'D SUPPORT THE GAFFER TORPOINT TO WIN THE LEAGUE, SHOULD OF BEAT THE SCUM EDGECOME AT HOME, LOOSING THAT GAME HAS ONLY MADE US STRONGER, AS WE WILL PROVE. ESPICIALLY WITH BATESY BACK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest rob carlos

with the so called big 4 yet to travel to foxhole, it is all still to play for in this competitive league. daniel newsome can win a match on his day and many of the big teams underestimate foxhole. its not even christmas and no one has mentioned foxhole as serious titles contenders?!

rob carlos, no offence mate but do u seriously consider foxhole as potential challengers. Your right, none of the so called big 4 have played you yet - but you have still managed to lose 6 games out of 10!! thats probably a reason why you wont.

I am sure Foxhole are a good team and probably can cause an upset on their day against any of the top sides, but after losing 6 games already i cant see them finishing in the top half let alone winning it.

Guest rob carlos

fair point bigdawg, entitled to your opinion. i just think the results we've has have been undeserved and in recent years the wheels have constantly fallen off the edgecumbe bandwagon. it will be tight and im sure foxhole will be crowned champions

Guest rob carlos

foxhole is the name on everyones lips this year. football is all about opinions and i respect yours jonny. just respect mine as i beleive foxhole have a quality squad and i remember that game having some dodgey decisions by the "ref" and we had some good shouts for penaltys turned down. i would give anything for the twins you have upfront as they are pure class, but if u were to combine them with our backline (left back especially! :clapper: ) then that would be a force to be reconned with. i dont doubt that you wont be up there come the end of the season as you can see on my predictions of the league on another topic so it should be interesting

Guest BATESY NO 9

Foxhole always a horrible place to go in the winter, the thing is you've dropped too many points already to have a serious challenge, you would need to beat the top 4 both home and away and that will take some specual football. To an earlier comment, no I haven't banged my head, just my opinion, I honestly believe Torpoint will win the league. :Santa::Santa: :drink:

Guest rob carlos

another fair point, im not denying it will be tough, but theres a tremendous belief in the foxhole camp. theres no point in playing football if u have no ambition and i fully believe that foxhole will be east cornwall league bound, back where they deserve! a merry christmas to all the duchy teams, the leagues are taking shape and my team are in striking distance of the so called "big 4" ppfftt :Santa:

Guest BATESY NO 9

I remember the good old days when i was 17 playing for torpoint 2nd's down at foxhole and you winning 1-0 but that was a long time ago ni on 10 years, look forward to playing you this season, i will enjoy a good battle the three points both home and away and a good pint after the game as always a good bit of banter down at foxhole. :smiley20:

carlos its been more than the wheels that have fallen off the edgcumbe bandwagon in recent years and il be the first to say that. but this year is different, new players, new managemnt team and an unbelievable team spirit rivalled by no-one, i think it will take a lot to stop us. but i do hope you can take your fair share of points off the rest of the big 4!!!

hoping our game is on with you next week, as long as millbrook play their senior cup game this weekend and it aint postponed like last week then it should be on!!

Guest rob carlos

i look forward to it. lets hope william siddle is fit for the hole , voted one of the best wingers in the league. on head to heads, its a foxhole win for me

Guest tafc.-gaffa

I admire your confidence rob carlos but reality has to hit home and you will not finish higher than 6th at the best!!

We played you at home and beat you 6-2 and to be honest it was a stroll in the park. I dont doubt you will put up a fight at home in front of your faithfull but dont think you have the quality to be mentioned with the big four let alone break into it!!!

Only my opinion of course!!

i have to agree with the rest here, 6 losses is too much. the team who wins the league wont lose that many. i cant see torpoint or us losing 6. or st teath. in fact, i cant see st dennis losing that many. if im right, that would put u 5th if u win the rest of your games. it wont happen!

Guest tafc.-gaffa

i look forward to it. lets hope william siddle is fit for the hole , voted one of the best wingers in the league. on head to heads, its a foxhole win for me

Who and when voted that? Your team in the shower!!!

Your be lucky to concede under 5 to them. As for you keepig clean sheets you have let in 34 in about 8 or 9 games!!!! Not a stat that is usually held by someone in the top 4 let alone winning the league!!!!

Presume we are not one of the big four then,we won 6 1 at foxhole,and had 2 ruled out,we should finish about sixth .I have no doubt that foxhole will be considered for the eclp at the end of the season,remember clubs vote teams in.League champions by right and foxhole, perhaps watch this space.

Presume we are not one of the big four then,we won 6 1 at foxhole,and had 2 ruled out,we should finish about sixth .I have no doubt that foxhole will be considered for the eclp at the end of the season,remember clubs vote teams in.League champions by right and foxhole, perhaps watch this space.

What happened to the Pyramid System then Will ?

Hi garf just looking at what has happenend in the past, i think that an aggreement was made that only one team up from duchy prem to protect the league.This was on the assumption that the ecpl maintained its numbers but as we all know they have lost 3 teams already.I cant see how the Duchy league can sustain supplying the shortfall each year.I can see teams applying such as foxhole and maybe St Dennis as past members they could well be voted in at the agm,dont think the pyramid system can stop that.The league may also vote to take in reserve sides from the peninsula league opening up oportunities for teams from outside the ecpl area,who knows.I should think the first thing that should be addessed are the ground facilities,teams need there own grounds or unrestricted access to ensure they fit bthe bill as a senior club

.If I was inspecting our ground at the moment then i would insist that the changing rooms are improved prior to acceptance and further assurances that the ground is available when required for senior games.A lot of work to be in the close season for us if we are to be considered even if we do finish in a promotion place.

I feel for the lads at Edgecumbe a bit they may have a few problems in these areas but as a footballing side they are well capable of gracing senior football.

I can confirm we have applied Will but had a letter today saying only if we win the League. Its a shame because we have good sponsorship for next season and have our mini soccer centre starting in February. We have the changing rooms down for refurbishment also in the summer.

Need to get back into the ecpl if we are to progress as a club.

Its possible we could win the league but Edgcumbe look strong and will need to have a big drop in form. (along with yourselves obviously)

Hi john,i thought that would be the case,we are the same The lads that played for St TUDY uNDER 16S

last year played there matches at st teath.We where quite hopefull that a few may have come through to us ,but i dont think they would have been ready in such a tough league.Having asked about a bit i see most of the lads are now playing in the ecpl league anyway.I dont blame there parents taking them to senior football but apart from a few teams i think the ecpl 2 is weaker than the duchy prem.Four of the lads are at Roche,one at camelford 2 at wadebridge,not sure about the rest.A number of our squad have stayed this year but not sure if that will continue if we dont get up.I think the door may well be shut but personally i think clubs that do not have suitable grounds of there own or at least security of tenure should not be considererd anyway.The only way is to win the league but to ensure that happens you probably need to look at players who are currently playing in the peninsula league to improve what we already have.I dont want to start any arguements here its only my opinion.As for our start ,remember we did this in div 1, 2 years ago winning the first 8 games,we finished seventh ,dont think that will happen this year ,but to finish above edgecumbe ,torpoint,or Yourselves we will have to improve.Good luck with the weather to all in the league looks like we may all miss out again this weekend.

Guest gunniplayer

Predictions for tomorrows games presuming the weather holds out and all the games are on.

St Teath v Looe Town - close game but home win maybe 2-0 or 2-1

St Dennis v Launceston United - comfortable home win

Foxhole Stars v Gunnislake - hopefully away win, but possible draw

Torpoint Athletic v Lamerton - home win

Jefferys Estate Agents Knockout Cup First Round

Edgcumbe v St Mawgan - comfortable home win

Jefferys Estate Agents Knockout Cup Second Round

Altarnun v Pensilva - away win but wont be easy

Kitbag, do you think that because we groundshare with Millbrook this could result in us being unsuccessfull applying to the ECPL?? I hope it doesn't, i do know though that Millbrook had a 2nd team for years and that only stopped a few seasons back becuase they couldnt raise a team so im not sure why it would be a problem? What is the difference between our fixtures being managed this season and possibly next?

Not being funny or thick just dont really understand!!!!

so if the weather holds out how do people think results will go this weekend?

Can see Lamerton possibly snatching a draw at Torpoint (although i think they are better at home)

St Teath v Looe maybe a good game. think st teath will nick it though if its on.

Have St Teath played at home since our junior cup fixture with them which well and truly ripped the pitch up??

Bigdwag you will be offered the ecpl on merit if you win the league, can't see Millbrook being a stumpling block unless of course they decide to have a reserve side next year.

Saints will need to beat St Teath twice i beleive to be in with a shout, losing to Lamerton last weekend didn't help the cause. There are not many poor sides in this league although the top 4 will be both Saints point and favourties Edgcumbe. I have watched Looe this year and on there day could cause all teams problems as will Pensilva now they have players back. Its gonna be very tight at the top and possible 8-10 points from 1st to 4th at the end.

cheers jonnie.

think your right regarding how tight it will be, and ultimatly it may come down to who beats who at the top. i said in another topic that the league it much harder thias year than last, and i expect next year it will get even tougher with the sides coming up from Division 1.

Unfortunately our game is off, due to Millbrooks home senior cup fixture being cancelled last week and taking priority, could end up with a lot fo evening games come the end of the season.

Hi bigdawg,hopefully you want have any problems with the ground,but unlike when Millbrook had a second team,that was senior you would not be part of there club.Nothing to think that millbrook would be a problem but as you have said they take priority for there games at the moment, and that could not continue if both teams wher in the senior leagues.I Presume that the ecpl will confirm one way or another long before the season finishes so you could address any issues before the new season starts,we are going to be in the same posistion as you with fixtures ,game off again today.The pitch has been played on since our game ,the reserves have played a couple.The problem is only in one area probably about 100m by 75m HA.

I have had a quick look at Camelfords today very wet and that has drainage every 1.2 m ,what chance have the rest of us got.

Good luck in the Junior cup,might be an omen but as a manager at St TEATH my teams have lost to the cup winners on 5 previous occasions,i think you lads will make that 6.

Guest tafc.-gaffa

Torpoint 5 - 1 Lamerton

A result that shows St. Dennis we are coming to town to get through to the next round of the k.o. cup next week-FACT!

Grest result against a good team with a top performance from all 14 of my players-Brilliant!!

Scorers- Brian Stacey-2

Mathew Williams-1

Alex Naylor-1

John Doherty-1

Over the moon boys- Well done!!

Guest tafc.-gaffa

no it wernt his goals was it. he should have saved his header but i meant the other 2 howlers

If i were watching edgcumbe play i would of said the same about the keeper too because we cant be seen to compliment each other on a good allround solid performence which could of gone into double figures now can we!!!

I know their keeper didnt have the best game but he is a good keeper and when you give Stacey an inch he will punish you!!!

St. Dennis next and it cant come quick enough!!!

watched the torpoint v lamerton game, not a bad game but felt Lamerton almost beat themselves as much as Torpoint beat them. 1st half was quite even, Lamerton probably played the better football without really getting anywhere and never looked like scoring, and Torpoint always looked like they may score. Lamerton missing an open goal ob the stroke of half time changed the game as after that Lamerton were beaten.

Staceys 1st goal was a great finish, shoulda scored a hat trick really, but agree with sky blues dunno what their keeper was doing on a couple of their goals!!

Certainly think Lamerton will cause a few upsets this season, ONLY at HOME though. different team away by the looks of it.

Guest BATESY NO 9

Torpoint 5 - 1 Lamerton

A result that shows St. Dennis we are coming to town to get through to the next round of the k.o. cup next week-FACT!

Grest result against a good team with a top performance from all 14 of my players-Brilliant!!

Scorers- Brian Stacey-2

Mathew Williams-1

Alex Naylor-1

John Doherty-1

Over the moon boys- Well done!!

GREAT RESULT LADS, we played some great stuff to beat a good lamerton side that beat St Dennis 3-1 the week before. Stacey can't stop scoring at the moment he is sure to rattle in 40+ this season.