Cornwall Football Forum

Give refs a break!!!!

Guest tafc.-gaffa

Guest tafc.-gaffa

I think the amount of abuse players are giving refs is beyond a joke.

The thing is,is that the players doing it are 9 times out of 10-CRAP themselves!!!

As a player/manager myself i understand fustration but blatant abuse is not exceptable.

If we didnt have them you wouldnt PLAY!!!!! :SM_carton: :SM_carton_y:

A couple of points on this subject from me. Firstly, I have no idea if the ref' yesterday got a slagging during our game and so once again I can't comment but after reading Hicker's post re: the game, I commend him for not even mentioning the penalty incident as an excuse. Well done Martin.

Secondly tafc Gaffa; I believe he didn't notice you had mentioned the possibilty of a pre-season friendly for next year. May I on behalf of the club provisionally accept your invitation?

Right now I only actually provide Saint's website and offer firm support as often as I can to chairman Ty Martyn and manager Hickers plus the remainder of the commitee and the players. But hopefully I will be assuming responsibility for the secreatary's duties in the very near future and as such I will look forward to having much more contact with football people such as yourself.

Guest tafc.-gaffa

I wasnt aiming that at yesterdays game, just in general.

But yes i would like to stay in contact for post season. Both teams would benefit i think.

Would like to see some come back from players/managers and referees???!!!

Although as hard as it is i try to keep my players off their backs!

In 19 years as an adult player ive learnt it doesnt get you anywhere!!!!

to be honest in every game this season iv played in i can say there have been no problems regarding abuse to the refs from the players themselves, and there have been some dodgy ones!!in the past we have had players who have abused referees, but thankfully they have moved on now. i personally think it has got a lot better this season, and i think that its a really hard job in these leagues where you dont even have proper linesman, its a very lonely job!!

ok explain this our goalkeeper made a save with his hands 5 yds outside the box...(instant red card) no just a free kick. Then i myself pulled down a striker when he was clear on goal, so i starts to walk off the pitch anticipating a red card, only for the ref to call me bk just a yellow card. we go on to win 5-1. but no celebration due to the fact the ref gave us the game.

Guest tafc.-gaffa

I know there are some shocking refs but there are even more shocking players!!! Remember a player makes a mistake it gets forgotten, you dont rip his head off and tell him how S**T he is!!!!! Im not defending there mistakes just dont wanna see 4 or 5 grown men at a time surrounding 1 and bullying him!!!

Just think it can be done without the aggression, put that into your tackles!!!!

REFEREE'S WOULDNT GET SLAGGED OFF IF MOST OF THEM HAD PLAYED THEM SELFS BUT A LOT AINT AND DNT UNDERSTAND WHAT ITS LIKE TO BE WHACKED UP IN THE AIR.

Thats cos players know how much abuse refs get and dont fancy recieving it hense stopping them taking up the whistle on retirement of playing!!!!

The referee is always on a loser, unfortuantely the nature of the game and the passion that flows through those who play and manage will always mean that the ref will come under fire. However, I find that in most cases that if the ref is consistant and talks to the players the situation is normally better and although he may make a few mistakes the players and management seem to let them go, it is the ref who have a pole stuck up their **** who obviously enjoy the power trip on a saturday and do not even register the players existant let alone the fact they can speak which get everyones backs up.

The other type of ref are the ones who seem not to know the rules of the game and crumple under shouts from players giving decisions because they fear the reprisals, these are the refs that seem to end up with the biggest amount of s*** which is not surprising.

I know it is not easy to referee, but it does make a difference if you have played the game, as you can understand the players frustrations, if players go over the top then the ref does have the ability to send the offender from the field of play which will not only be a ban but cost them at the end of the day. :SM_carton:

As tafc.gaffa says without referees we can not play unless you are happy with an unofficial ref. It is always going to be a touchy subject, the one one thing I can say is respect works both ways.

HAVING PLAYED FOR OVER 35 YEARS ALL ROUND THE COUNTRY (WORK FORCED MOVES) I NEVER WAS RED CARDED OR YELLOW CARDED AS WHETHER THE REFS DECISION WAS RIGHT/WRONG , PLAYERS NEED TO SHOW RESPECT FOR THE GUY IN BLACK AND ADHERE TO HIS DECISIONS AND GET ON WITH THE GAME

Its fair to say that there are good refs and bad refs but no wrong refs. The decisions they give on the field are the only ones that count. So suck it up play on and give them a chance.

Sure they may cost you on the field and even in the pocket but without them the games wouldn't go ahead in the first place.

In truth:

Its an impossible job done by completely impossible people.

God bless them all.................not :clapper: