Cornwall Football Forum

Chelsea, the unbeaten record

Pool may have stopped the Chelski home unbeaten run, but lets face it they WILL not win the league! Good result today though!

That is a very bold statement indeed!

I had a little feeling this might Liverpool's year (even had a little tenner on them back in beginning of August when they were 8/1), and given the start they've made, where they've already beaten Utd at home and Chelsea away, and in both of those games they didn't have the best striker in the world available.

In fact, if we're chucking around bold predictions, I think it's a two-horse race, between Utd & Liverpool!

Chelski will be at least 6 points off the pace come May in third, Big Phil has had just two big games to contend with so far in the Premier League, Utd & Liverpool at home, and his points total so far.... 1 point, not title-winning form methinks.

Pool may have stopped the Chelski home unbeaten run, but lets face it they WILL not win the league! Good result today though!

I had a little feeling this might Liverpool's year (even had a little tenner on them back in beginning of August when they were 8/1), and given the start they've made, where they've already beaten Utd at home and Chelsea away, and in both of those games they didn't have the best striker in the world available.

In fact, if we're chucking around bold predictions, I think it's a two-horse race, between Utd & Liverpool!

Chelski will be at least 6 points off the pace come May in third, Big Phil has had just two big games to contend with so far in the Premier League, Utd & Liverpool at home, and his points total so far.... 1 point, not title-winning form methinks.

All it will take for Pool to fall away is Mr Stevie G to miss a game or two through injury! Chelsea and United to fight it out at the top! Hull will fall away! :angry2: Want them to win it though! :thumbsup: What i really want is Bournemouth to stay up!

I agree, I think it would be great for football if Hull keep in the top 6 or 7 for the rest of the season, I've just checked the odds on relegation though, and I think Hull are great value at 4/1 to be relegated (in fact I think I'm gonna have a fiver on it!).

I think their season will depend on how they react to a couple of defeats in a row, and how they make sure it doesn't turn into 8 or 9 defeats in a row and so don't freefall down the league.

With regards to Chelski, watching them today makes you realise how good Didier Drogba is, and how important he is to them.

It was going to happen sometime regarding the home record, however judging on how poor the game was today I think that both teams will need to raise their games over the next few weeks. Chelsea played poorly today and I agree that we missed Drogba, but the lose of Joe Cole is really affecting the team as Kalu and Malouda are just not up to the task. In regards to Liverpool, yes they won but if they had not scored the goal when they did I think the game would have turned out 0 - 0, as Liverpool had little ambitions to actually play football, this tells me how sacred they were coming to the bridge. Well done to them and hats off, but I do think that they will come unstuck. This is because they have a habit of losing to the smaller teams or getting a draw when they should have won.

The season still has 29 games to go and I believe the league will be between Chelsea and Man Utd as they are very consistant. Arsenal and Liverpool will not be far behind, as long as Chelsea sort out their striker problem I think they will take the title.

No sour grapes on todays result Chelsea did not play well enough and it can be hard to break 10 men behind the ball down, as it showed against Roma. When we visit Anfield will be the real test for Liverpool as they will have to come out and attack and not be totally defensive which will then open the game up. Should be a very exciting game. <_<