Cornwall Football Forum

info on eeast cornwall div 1 new sides?

does any1 have any info on elburton villa, plymstock, parkway or st,stephens boro? e.g. pitch standard? current strength in squad? anything else at all?

Hi, i play for parkway!!Pitch is massive, and flat!!!Squad is strong, after finishing 2nd in are previous league last year and winning the cup, we lost 2 of are players whom went on to play for SWPL Clubs, however they have been replaced with 2 players from wadebridge town and Millbrook respectively.

Elburton and Plymstock have good facilities....Elburtons pitch is quality!!You will enjoy playing there!!Plymstocks pitch is okay, although at times its not looked after as much as it should!

Plymstock were shocking last year, we beat them 9-0 and 4-0....however that was last season..although im not sure if they have added to there squad which if it is the same is poor!

Elburton have been taken over by another team as there manager from last season has gone up to assist with the first team.Most of the players from last season have moved on..and the players there now are THUGS!!Although they are not a bad side!

St Stephens..all i know is that they have a 3G pitch!!!

What is bude's pitch like, etc?

Hi, i play for parkway!!Pitch is massive, and flat!!!Squad is strong, after finishing 2nd in are previous league last year and winning the cup, we lost 2 of are players whom went on to play for SWPL Clubs, however they have been replaced with 2 players from wadebridge town and Millbrook respectively.

Elburton and Plymstock have good facilities....Elburtons pitch is quality!!You will enjoy playing there!!Plymstocks pitch is okay, although at times its not looked after as much as it should!

Plymstock were shocking last year, we beat them 9-0 and 4-0....however that was last season..although im not sure if they have added to there squad which if it is the same is poor!

Elburton have been taken over by another team as there manager from last season has gone up to assist with the first team.Most of the players from last season have moved on..and the players there now are THUGS!!Although they are not a bad side!

O right i gathered you (Parkway) had a decent team as from what i have heard from. The pitch also sounds awsome and that suits us (bude) which is ideal. So Plymstock are the weakest side out of the 3?

Well Bude have just been given a grant of 5 and a half grand to do up the pitch from the Blanchminster Trust therefore the pitch should be looking in very good condition for the foolowing season however i imagine the pitch will be decent this year still from what i have seen of it over pre season.

About our team we have strengthened from last year greatly where we finished 6th but should have done better as we drew way too many games. Our team consists of half of the players from the under 18's Cornwall Cup Cup winners last season and the other half slightly older with our oldest player being 23 currently in the first 11.

Our pre season has gone well training wise and just beat Barnstable AAC who finished 5th in the North Devon Premier last year which just proves that East Cornwall is so much stronger. We now have a tougher task against Shamwickshire on thursday who finsihed runners up in the same league and then onto Wdebridge on the saturday.

How is your pre season going friendly wise? and whos your first few games against?

O right i gathered you (Parkway) had a decent team as from what i have heard from. The pitch also sounds awsome and that suits us (bude) which is ideal. So Plymstock are the weakest side out of the 3?

Well Bude have just been given a grant of 5 and a half grand to do up the pitch from the Blanchminster Trust therefore the pitch should be looking in very good condition for the foolowing season however i imagine the pitch will be decent this year still from what i have seen of it over pre season.

About our team we have strengthened from last year greatly where we finished 6th but should have done better as we drew way too many games. Our team consists of half of the players from the under 18's Cornwall Cup Cup winners last season and the other half slightly older with our oldest player being 23 currently in the first 11.

Our pre season has gone well training wise and just beat Barnstable AAC who finished 5th in the North Devon Premier last year which just proves that East Cornwall is so much stronger. We now have a tougher task against Shamwickshire on thursday who finsihed runners up in the same league and then onto Wdebridge on the saturday.

How is your pre season going friendly wise? and whos your first few games against?

Ah that is happy days all round on the pitch front!!!Millbay Park where we are playing next season is not actually are home pitch...obviously we have a first team who play in the SWPL Premier and they play at Bolitho Park which is also decent..Millbay Park is looked after by the Army so need i say more!!!

Tha North Devon league is a decent standard, we played Boca Seniors who finished 1st in that league either last season or the season before in the Devon Cup and we beat them 3-1.

As for Pre season its been awesome, obviously you may know that Dave leanard is now manager of our 1st team, prior to that he managed Truro City, needless to say the training has been awesome....Friendlies have been poor to be honest, we drew with Bere Alston United 2-2...if we werent giving run outs to 'trialists' we would have trounced them...we played Okehampton argyle saturday and won 3-0.Played another 2 friendlies against teams from are previous league which resulted in victories.

We have Saltash 2nds wednesday night. Are first game is away to Camelford, then we are away to St Stephens borough, then its Plymstock and elburton at home followed by Lifton. And yes Plymstock are the weaker of the 3.

Who is the new manager at Elburton?

Simon Westlake. or Steve Westlake...cant remember off the top of my head!!

Guest RM Sec

Simon Westlake assisted by Nick Pope, good team who motivate the players, They have some players which they have brought through who played U18's 2 seasons ago, quite young and play a fast game. Quality coaches and manager

Simon Westlake assisted by Nick Pope, good team who motivate the players, They have some players which they have brought through who played U18's 2 seasons ago, quite young and play a fast game. Quality coaches and manager

well if its the team he had as the red lion..then explain how they got relegated and then couldnt win promotion back up to the premier division..in whatwas arguably a shocking league?

I know for a fact they have some good players, but a good team..il believe it if they produce the results on a regular basis.

Elburton have been taken over by another team as there manager from last season has gone up to assist with the first team.Most of the players from last season have moved on..and the players there now are THUGS!!

THUG: 'Brutal or vicious ruffian'

Foz06, slightly concerned you believe Elburton Villa players are THUGS! Such a sweeping statement that has no accuracy to support this.

Just to enlighten you:

1. Yes many players have left for pastures new, and all at Elburton wish the very best of luck to them

2. I have brought along 5 players (3 of these Elburton U18) from previous club 'Red Lion' who were in the P&D

3. 6 players have remained from last years squad

4. Other players have come from various clubs Vospers, Callington, Ivybridge , Civil Service (P&D) etc..

5. Plymstock have never been a poor team, always very competitive and not to be underestimated

6. Plymstocks pitch is good, but with a slight slope and brilliant facilities; Plymstock also have excellent parking facilities, but when playing at Milbay Park you have to pay parking charges (I believe)

7. We have been fortunate to have played Liskeard / Stoke Gabriel and Lanreath in pre season I suggest you contact these clubs/officials for yourself and see if we have any thugs.

8. I do not tolerate acts of unfair play or violence; I continue to encourage players to express themselves in a positive way on and off the pitch. A reflection of this is highlighted by our U18's last year, who won the 'Fair Play Award' and this, also, is a team I managed!

9. I begin the Level 3 EUFA Coaching Award this coming September after completing level 2 last year., one day, if your fortunate, you may manage/coach your own side and appreciate the work and committment that is applied by teams/clubs/committee's/officials/groundsman etc... And if you do, you will realise that 'THUGS' have no place in football, and certainly not in a team that I manage/coach

Finally, Elburton Reserves look forward to this new challenge in the ECL and a warm welcome will be found at Haye Road, this includes Parkway too.

All very best for the coming season FOz.

Simon Westlake

Manager Elburton Villa Reserves

Guest RM Sec

after watching both teams, managing against both over the last two seasons the most improved in this preseason has been Elburton ( I have seen both). Parkway have weakness in the fullback posn(lol). I am sure that Parkway will be competeing at the top.

Wez, if your player's are anything like you on the pitch, then the term 'thug' is not too far off the mark!! I've still got the stud marks on my back to prove it!!!

RM Sec when did u see Parkway play, how did they get on?

We at Plymstock have had a mix bag of results pre-season, but we're all looking forward to pastures new in the ECL1. And our facilities are very good, if only we could get the bloody cricketers off the pitch!!!!

Elburton have been taken over by another team as there manager from last season has gone up to assist with the first team.Most of the players from last season have moved on..and the players there now are THUGS!!

THUG: 'Brutal or vicious ruffian'

Foz06, slightly concerned you believe Elburton Villa players are THUGS! Such a sweeping statement that has no accuracy to support this.

Just to enlighten you:

1. Yes many players have left for pastures new, and all at Elburton wish the very best of luck to them

2. I have brought along 5 players (3 of these Elburton U18) from previous club 'Red Lion' who were in the P&D

3. 6 players have remained from last years squad

4. Other players have come from various clubs Vospers, Callington, Ivybridge , Civil Service (P&D) etc..

5. Plymstock have never been a poor team, always very competitive and not to be underestimated

6. Plymstocks pitch is good, but with a slight slope and brilliant facilities; Plymstock also have excellent parking facilities, but when playing at Milbay Park you have to pay parking charges (I believe)

7. We have been fortunate to have played Liskeard / Stoke Gabriel and Lanreath in pre season I suggest you contact these clubs/officials for yourself and see if we have any thugs.

8. I do not tolerate acts of unfair play or violence; I continue to encourage players to express themselves in a positive way on and off the pitch. A reflection of this is highlighted by our U18's last year, who won the 'Fair Play Award' and this, also, is a team I managed!

9. I begin the Level 3 EUFA Coaching Award this coming September after completing level 2 last year., one day, if your fortunate, you may manage/coach your own side and appreciate the work and committment that is applied by teams/clubs/committee's/officials/groundsman etc... And if you do, you will realise that 'THUGS' have no place in football, and certainly not in a team that I manage/coach

Finally, Elburton Reserves look forward to this new challenge in the ECL and a warm welcome will be found at Haye Road, this includes Parkway too.

All very best for the coming season FOz.

Simon Westlake

Manager Elburton Villa Reserves

Well wez a sweeping statement it may be...and i can see that some of your points are very much valid and i certainly agree with them!!However, my comment merely comes from previous games against your side that i have played in and it appeared that certain players in your team would rather get abusive and violent (in a footballing way) then actually focus on the game in hand at that time!!!We all know football is a physical game and tackles come flying in..but when certain invididuals attempt to 'hurt' opposing players then that is when teams (ie..your old team) get a certain reputation!!I never said you condoned that kind of behaviour nor encouraged it either...and as you may have seen i actually said that your teams play good football!!

Players like that in th P&D are one of the main reasons we decided to leave that league!!

With regards to Plymstock..we at Parkway never underestimate anyone, i was merely given an opinion which i am entitled to do so on them from last season, and to be fair they were poor, hence why they finished in the bottom 3 and have got worse since they won the league a few years back.

And on the parking front at Millbay..it is a joke..i agree!!We arent particularly happy about playing there, but as long as argyle are giving are club money we have no choice but to play there!!

All the best with your coaching badges wez, and good luck for the season!

Regards, Foz

after watching both teams, managing against both over the last two seasons the most improved in this preseason has been Elburton ( I have seen both). Parkway have weakness in the fullback posn(lol). I am sure that Parkway will be competeing at the top.

When did you see us (parkway) play and who against?!And full back...right or left?!Bit of comment that, seeing as last season we had the best defence in the league, and we have the same defenders now as we did then?So im interested to know what is this weakness?!!

Wez, no worries it was always a good battle against you in the middle. Good luck for the season, i look forward to our derbys

As for Foz's comments, fair enough, parkway did hammer last year and you do have a good team, but we have improved and hopefully we can give you a run for your money this season.......

Wez, no worries it was always a good battle against you in the middle. Good luck for the season, i look forward to our derbys

As for Foz's comments, fair enough, parkway did hammer last year and you do have a good team, but we have improved and hopefully we can give you a run for your money this season.......

Quality, i hope all 3 sides from the Plymouth area go into that league and do well!All the best forr next season Spod