Cornwall Football Forum

Tamarside PLayers

Guest The Old Man

Guest The Old Man

So what has happened to the Tamarside 1st team squad? They had a terrific team, full of very talented young players. No doubt some have moved on to a higher standard, can anyone shed some light?

Was the team dis-banded because these players left or because the club had major financial problems??? :ninja:

I heard that a few of them had gone to Buckfastleigh Rangers in SWPL Div One East.

Darren Raven is their new manager and taken half his P & D Champions Wessex Rangers side with him, plus a few others from Plymouth clubs.

Wouldn't mind any of the Tamarside lads at Bere Alston Utd, good young crop of talent.

Darren Stewart's statement on this forum a few weeks ago explained the resons behind them pulling out of ECPL Premier.

Guest thebigfella

It certainly was a great shame. I thought they were well suited to ECPL football and were a breath of fresh air since they came over. It would appear the reasons behind their withdrawal were a combination of player departures, manager departure and financial commitments. I have a feeling we haven't seen the back of them though.

As I understand, most of the players have gone to Peninsula League teams:

Mark Stevenson, Adam Bance, Billy Allen - Torpoint

Matt David - Tavistock

Demitri Kanakh, Joe Carey - St Blazey

I heard Ivybridge, Parkway, Plymstock and Vospers have picked some up too. Not too many stayed to play in the P&D League then!!!

Main reason for the Tamarside players to leave was to fulfil their potential to play in a higher grade of football as already stated something at present we cannot accomodate thus the move to the mentioned Peninsula league clubs was always going to happen and we wish them well and hope they can achieve the same sucess they achieved with us.

None of the players I would imagine would consider a move to the ECPL or similar and our P and D side is in the safe hands of Nicky Marker and Kev Robertson who will combine some of last seasons P and D squad with the under 18s coming through.

Make no mistake we are under no illusions for what we can achieve in the next couple of seasons and are fully aware we are in a transitional period when emphasis will be put very much on future development off the pitch to ensure we can come back stronger than before as we know producing players from our Juniors is never going to be an issue.

To put matters right regarding finances we have secured new ground sponsorship this week to compliment new kit and tracksuit deals and the pitch has had extensive work to improve the surface which will be aided by limited games this season.

Thanks again for the interest shown.