Cornwall Football Forum

Predictions

Guest Spod

Right its getting to that time of year, who is the smart money going on in the Prem and Div 1. I'm an Plymstock player so I haven't really got a clue who to look out for!!!

Although Parkway had a good team last year and will be in with a shout in Div 1 and i've heard St. Stephens Borough have a decent side.

Who do you think will be 'up there' or the whipping boys in both leagues?????

Torpoint will be there or there abouts again this season. Also think teams like Sticker & Lanreath will have good seasons.

Div 1 is looking quite strong with the inclusion of the Plymouth sides. Parkway will be strong but also expect tough games with Bude and St Stepehens Borough.

All in all i think that the East Cornwall league is looking a lot better this season. Lets hope all clubs become stable and help the league go from strength to strength.

Guest ECPL Supporter

Difficult to say until you know who has signed who? A lot changes in the summer. I reckon 1 of 6 could win the premier. I expect Launceston to be up there if they have kept everyone, and again possibly 1 of 6 to win div 1. It will be 2 great leagues with lots of strong teams i reckon

Guest ECPL Supporter

Who's that? I was gutted they didn't get promoted

There wasn't a Robbie Stephens at Tamarside. I'm struggling to think of a Stephens that was at Tamarside

Guest ECPL Supporter

Ha ha. You must have an old pair you can dig out. I've just got back from training down the beach, aching already!!!

I was chatting to one of the Bodmin committee members who said that hardly anyone turned up from the ECPL team for training?

So where are the new players going to come from.

I think Torpoint should be there abouts for the title.

Padstow and Bodmin may be at the lower end?

Liskeard could be a suprise package.

Torpoint will be incredibly difficult to stop. Saltash United likewise. Don't forget Launceston they were the form team at the end of the season and should be there or there abouts. Lanreath will always be difficult to beat and Sticker under a new manager could pull it all together. Its the same with Morwenstow with Kinsgley Bryant back in charge. The newcomers will find it tough but I expect padstow and Bodmin to occupy the bottom two places.

Division One is all up for grabs. It's about time St Blazey produced the goods and I think Camelford will also be in the hunt and Bude need consistanc. Difficult to assess the newcomers. If the last couple of seasons are anything to go by then the promoted Duchy sides St Stephens Borough and St Dominick could prove hard to beat. The three new Plymouth sides will be keen to impress and I see no reason why Plymouth Parkway cant finish in the top two. Lifton need a massive boost if they are goinf to escape the drop.

I think both divisions especially Division One will be hard to pick.

But this is football and anything can happen.