Cornwall Football Forum

DEBT.

As I have stated on other threads and topics.Arsene Wenger + Ar5ena1

have admitted the clubs debt.They have to pay 24 million pounds per year

for the next 17 years to clear debt owed for the new stadium.

The club policy is to SELL TOP PLAYERS to raise cash,then buy cheaper

replacements.Not very good policy for the future.How can you compete

for next 17 years with that policy?I see foriegn investment on the way.

With Liverpool,Everton,Spurs all considering ground improvements.

Is Ar5ena1,s way to go?

From a Spurs point of view.We are not in debt,at this time.

Levy is being very careful not to go in to massive debt.

His options are to revamp WHL to appro 50,000 capacity or

build a new Stadium next door to the Lane.

The question is,should a football club go into massive debt for a new ground,

or stay financially secure at your exsisting ground.?

Guest mariner

The way forward is to have more money coming in on match day and to do this is by having a bigger stadium, whether that is by having a new stadium or increasing the capacity on the exsisting one . I dont think arsenals policy is to sell there best to regain cash back, a player bought for bought for a small fee is then wanted by another club 2 years later for 30 million euros has to be seen as good business. I cant think of one player arsene or the club has sold at the right time of his career, or for major profit, when it comes to unearthing gems arsene is the best!

Great question fella. Unfortunately I think it's one of those questions that doesn't really have a right or wrong answer. Ideally ALL clubs/businesses would love to stay out of debt, however there is the old phrase "speculate to accumulate". IF a club wishes to compete with the likes of Man Utd, Arsenal etc in revenue, they HAVE TO have a capacity/stadium that can rival their competitors.

It is estimated that Daniel Levy is looking to loan/finance between £150 million & £300million for our improved/new stadium. This debt would partly undertaken by the local council due to shared redevelopment WHL and surrounding area. The one thing Mr Levy is a magician at is making sure that the figures are vastly in favor of HIS investment. He WILL ensure that any debt is minimal and there is also a certain Mr Joseph Lewis ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joseph_C._Lewis ) who is right behind us if necessary.

My personal opinion is that Levy will secure planning permission, location etc for a new stadium and then this will enable him to gain a maximum potential price before selling to far east investors who will easily be able to ensure that the new development will be world class and incur NO DEBT whatsoever.

ALL of this speculation about whether to go into debt with a new stadium etc ultimately depends upon the Premiership brand maintaining it's current standing within the world of football and television entertainment. If this popularity is not maintained, the game over here as we know it will disappear forever.