Cornwall Football Forum

Duchy 4 Predictions

How does everyone think the league will look at the end fo the season?

Heres my predictions.

St Austell

Premier Sixes

St Dennis Res

Altarnun Res

Mount Charles

Stratton Utd

North Hill

Lewdown Rovers

St Teath Res

Boscastle Res

Biscovey Res

Gerrans

Pensilva Res

Grampound Res

Top 3 no order P6, St Austell and Altarnun res - the rest of your line up could well be the line up come the end of the season but I think Biscovey Res will finish higher.

The P6 team is much stronger this year now we have a second team, unfortunately for us I guess the St Austell team is going to be alot stronger given the cash injection they have had.

Looking forward to the season ahead

The thing is because St Austell went last season unbeaten and there players are from a much higher level, teams will allways up there games against them and some teams (not us) will play there first team against them ie pensilva.

I think that St Austell & Premier Sixes will occupy the top two spots in the league. Premier Sixes have a much stronger squad than last season, so the league may even come down to the two head-to-head games. I have heard that St Austell my lose a few players to their first team, not sure how much truth there is in this.

I think it could be open after the top 2, places like Lewdown & Stratton won't be easy places to go. North Hill only just stayed up last season, so they may struggle. Pensilva Reserves also had a poor season, although they got a few decent results after playing first team players.

Elia thinks that Grampound Reserves will finish bottom. Grampound have a change of management and may start slowly but they are a well run club and have a good under 16's side, and these players will be gradually introduced to the team when they are old enough, so they will improve as the season progresses.

guilty as charged woody,

Grampound is a well run club, and with the youngsters coming through, it will be a good season, and with the new gaffer in place, im sure will finish in a respectable position, hopefully mid table.

St. Austell will remain the same as last year, so im told by the lads, the first team will obviously cherry pick when needed, but i highly doubt he will need to, leaving the core of the saints side from last year to rip up Duchy 4.

Dynamo....oops i mean St Dennis reserves will grab an easy 2nd i reckon.

Suprise package, a fellow promoted team, Biscovey Res. A gritty, battling team i fancy for a comfortable mid table finish.

woody the reason i put Grampound bottom is because they finished 7th out of the 7 promoted teams, as i renember you once saying the league table does not lie, and u dont know as much as u think cause lewdown and stratton are local teams to me and i know most of there players have left for Bude town and the newly formed southgate.

Will u be playing for p6 duchy 4 or the reserves? either way good luck.

The St Austell squad is staying the same as last year with the exception of bringing in a new striker to replace Lea Cooper who broke his leg a few games from the end of last season, and has decided to join the coaching staff instead of the playing staff.

We have NOT had a cash injection as most people think (although if this was the case it would not help our second team any way as we pay subs each week !!!!). Unless someone knows different to me.

How many teams in duchy 4 have 1st teams then that we need to watch out for there fixtures when we are due to play them !!!.

Looking forward to the forthcoming season and good luck to all teams in duchy 4.

Premier Sixes

St Austell

St Dennis Res

Mount Charles

Altarnun Res

St Teath Res

Stratton Utd

Biscovey Res

Lewdown Rovers

Boscastle Res

North Hill

Grampound Res

Gerrans

Pensilva Res

i think p6 have a great chance of winning this league after training with them, this summer they have improved their squad, which they lacked last year, st austell will be right up there if they have the same team as last year. i hope grampound res dont finish bottom even thou they have lost a couple of their best players with U16's coming in, fingers crossed i can play against them

• 1 month later...