Cornwall Football Forum

Truro City in the Community

After making a joke about Truro City sponsoring Storm FC in a recent thread, because everyone was saying they don't do anything for Cornish football, someone suggested that I ask Truro City if we can be a feeder club for them.

I thought about it and decided that the worst they could say is no, so I got in touch with Chris Webb, who I knew from Truro when i played in thier youth set up years ago.

The result was this:

Hi Dave

That s a great idea, we would love to have storm FC as a feeder club, and welcome a meeting to suit you when you are free.

Nice to hear from you see you soon.

I think this could work out as a good opportunity for both clubs, As Storm FC have links with clubs in the USA and will be looking to bring young players over to experience the English game. I have recently been to the states working with some of these players and I can honestly say they are extremely talented. Storm FC currently have 2 coaches working with the players in Dalls, Texas. This proves that we are an ambitous club. We want to run as professionally as possible and Truro City can , no doubt, help us with this.

I will post further details following our meeting with Truro City officials.