Cornwall Football Forum

NALDERS SUNDAY LEAGUE

Well the date has passed when all forms and entry fees should have been with me .........

Oh what a surprise .......only had anything from 8 of the 16 teams !!!

Should I really be surprised at the apathy that exists with clubs anymore ???

Can I really be bothered chasing the missing clubs anymore???

Perhaps now is the right time for me to retire from office and let somebody else have a go :(:( :(

Guest Postie Pidge

We submitted our intentions to carry on but as the form required the money and the number I was holding back hoping it would come. With our manager/financier and sponsor still on his honeymoon it makes it hard for me

Please don't take too much offence to this Sir (Zebedee) but I feel that you have thrown the preverbial toys out of your pram in the last couple of weeks and have not calmed down.

Perhaps some people are asking questions such as "who has not replied?" so that they can contact the relevant people at their clubs. Not everyone uses this forum so do not all have access to your posts. I wonder if you were to start being a little more polite to people then you may get the respect that you are shouting about.

I personally wondered if my club had completed their application properly because if they hadn't I would have taken the responsibility of sorting it out. However, as you have been quite rude to other forum users I decided not to waste my time.

Please feel free to 'shoot me down' if you feel my comments are misplaced. As I said at the beginning of the post, I mean no offence.

If there is only one league of eight teams I feel sorry for those who worked hard to gain promotion last year.

Try putting yourself in my position first with everything that should of been done now by the clubs and then tell me how to conduct myself !!!

You might just see it differently ..........

I try my best ..........but if anybody wants to take my position at the AGM I would quite happily step aside .

After 10 years its about time for a change !!!

Sir I did not mean to cause offence as said. You are absolutely right I should have looked at it from your perspective too.

I just wanted to ask a question but wanted a straight answer. As someone new I would have had no dealing with the league this season and do not now anything about deadlines etc. For that reason I would like to learn about it.

My Apologies. Sincerely.

one division of 8 teams ......as that is all the clubs who are bothered to conform to the rules !!!

Who are the teams in the league as i need to look for a new team to sign for next season? :D

Also if their is only one division what will happen to the Peter Hickey Cup (Div 2 cup). Will it be disbanded untill the 2nd division is re-established or will it be kept going but for 1st (and only) division sides to enter and compete in? :c:

Sir I did not mean to cause offence as said. You are absolutely right I should have looked at it from your perspective too.

I just wanted to ask a question but wanted a straight answer. As someone new I would have had no dealing with the league this season and do not now anything about deadlines etc. For that reason I would like to learn about it.

My Apologies. Sincerely.

We have a real problem with clubs just "not bothering". The Rules are clear. The Committee shout and rant about them at every meeting and ..... nothing happens.

Dave James has forms to fill in for County, has fixtures to prepare, has probably to ring round to try to get clubs reps to sort out whether they can play in the League. There is a League handbook to prepare and print, stationary to sort, sponsors to appease, It is a totally frustrating task when club representatives promise to return forms and then, time and time again..... do nothing.

And then, we get people on the forum trying to make "Smart" comments. Full marks for apologising but, before you tap on keyboard again, think, try running something easy - like a major football club, before being critical of someone trying to do the impossible - run this Sunday League.

I believe that the WCSFL is the best League in the County to belong to, thanks to Dave James and a few like him. A proportion of the clubs just don't deserve to be allowed to join. Maybe we should, as Dave suggests, just weed out the clubs that won't do the job properly and have 8 or so, well run, well administered clubs who will make the League possible to administer.

Rant over. Apologies to anyone I've upset. No apologies to any club secretary who hasn't bothered to sort out paperwork, informed the League Secretary of fixture changes, sent in team sheets on time, turned up for meetings, phoned through results, failed to moan about League admin.

Is there anyone left out there?

Guest Postie Pidge

Top administration but let down by the county's inability to send the required CCFA number. Will get my forms in the post but will have to forward the number whenever I get it