Cornwall Football Forum

St Agnes AFC hosted the only EON Cup event in Cornwall

St Agnes AFC hosted the only EON Cup event in Cornwall on Wednesday 21st May taking the form of a girls primary school event at Enys Parc St Agnes.

More than 50 girls from years 5 and 6 at local schools attended and reveled in a day of 7 aside football matches and football skills coaching.

The event which was arranged by St Agnes AFC Chairman and Girls/Ladies Manager Mandy Kimmins was supported by Warren Parker (CCFA Development Officer Women. Girls and Disability) and members of St Agnes Ladies AFC, staff from Penryn School Sport Partnership and Richard Lander School.

The girls spent time practicing dribbling, heading, turning, throw-ins, passing and other skills all coached by qualified coaches giving their time freely for the day.

Sponsored by EON there was provided a package of awards with all those attending receiving medals, certificates and water bottles. Special awards of PE Bags were presented to individual players picked by the coaches on the day for excellent play, good sportsmanship or great overall involvement. Two brand new complete sets of EON football kits were also part of the awards package provided and one was presented to the youngest team of the day from Kea School for their great effort and endeavour and the second was presented by referee for the day Anita Gittins to girls from St Agnes School for their excellent play and sportsmanship.

In summing up Warren Parker said, " Well done to all of the girls who attended today and thank you to their staff and teachers for bringing them. Thank you to all the staff who have supported and coached today this has been an brilliant day for girls football. Special thanks to Anita Gittins for refereeing all the matches today and to Mandy without whom this event would not have been organized or taken place. This was the only EON Cup Final Event organized in the whole of Cornwall and it has been excellent."

Mandy Kimmins then presented all of the Schools attending with two new footballs from St Agnes AFC and said, "I can see that all of the girls, staff and spectators have had a fabulous day! Girls football is a rapidly growing sport and I hope you will all continue to be involved and encourage your schools to use your new footballs for fun!"

Staff member from St Agnes School Karen Morgan said, "Thank you for a wonderful day today - the girls have absolutely loved it and I hope there will be more events like this in the future"

Anyone interested in playing girls or female football or for details of girls 'turn up and play' opportunities is encourage to contact either Mandy Kimmins at St Agnes AFC on 01872 553650 / 07974 370666 or Warren Parker at the CCFA on 01726 64830.

Now I am embarrassed!

Thank you Big G - the achievements I report on are not about me but about all the wonderful people/players/supporters/sponsors etc who help along the way (not to forget my dear supportive husband who is never sure what mission I will embark on next!) - I am very lucky that so many people help out - without them nothing would succeed! I hope that by sharing the events and achievements it might prompt or encourage others to give things a go! Thanks anyway! Mandy x x x