Cornwall Football Forum

Lockhart Cup Final

Guest Postie Pidge

Guest omerta

thanks for the congratulations lads. well what a game! my managerial abilities tested to the limit. i had an incredible 14players unavailable(working5 cuptied4 holiday2 injured2 nonshow1) and we started with a bare 11 and no subs. of the starting 11 a further 4 suffering a virus straight out of there beds to play and two more not match fit having just returned from injury.On the otherhand Holmans looked at full strength and had their full quota of 5subs.I decided to start with a back 4 with 5across the middle and without a

recognised striker a centre mid up top preying we didnt get an injury!.

12seconds gone and we are 1up!! a 50yard crossfield ball from Glen from rightbak to leftwing finds brett who with a good first touch puts the ball away. soon after our goalie tips a goal bound shot round the post and holmans look dangerous from all setpieces.Then following an altercation in the box at another holmans corner their centrehalf is dismissed. 1-0down and 7Omins to go.coming up to the halfhour we go 2up a headed clearance falls to gaz and with the keeper backtracking he shoots in from 25yds. holmans continue to attack dominating possession and territory and our keeper turns a goal bound shot on to the bar. halftime and a well needed breather for town who already have 2players struggling with injury.I decide to put brett up to hold the ball better and the game becomes more even tho holmans to their credit still playing the better football after the intro of tariq kolkan he immediately goes past scott and amix up allows holmans to score. we then have several chances to score as it was looking we would need a third and it duly came when ross found himself in space on the right to score just inside the box game over

all credit to holmans who admittedly played the better football chances probably even but we converted a bigger%.Marksy was desperatly unlucky and must wonder how they didnt win me well ive been around enough to know sometimes in football you dont always get what u deserve and 13yrs after winning the lockhart with duchy ive done it again it just shows with a collective spirit and a never say die attitude you can overcome adversity

prynn roberts pentecost jefferiesG Hurst gowers jefferiesM bowden miller southeard pawley and no subs take a bow son!!!!!

Guest omerta

m.o.m matt prynn assured in all that was asked of him and two critical top drawer saves at 1.0 as holmans had the momentum. sending off for a "coming together!" between myself and gary at corner he dismissed for retaliation by kicking out at me apparently thats what the ref said.

Guest Postie Pidge

12 seconds? I would have said it was earlier than that.

Referee: Ian Roberts

Assistants: Kevin Knowles and Trevor Lawrence

Guest Postie Pidge

Quite possibly. I was too busy filming it and forgot to start my timer! Five seconds on tape so I would say about nine seconds