Cornwall Football Forum

Percy Stephens Cup Area Final Sat 11th May

On this coming Sat 11th May we are staging the West Area Final of the Percy Stephens Cup, with the winners to play the East Section winners Gerrans and St Mawes the following week Sat 18th at Wadebridge Town F C with a 4 pm Kick off to be crowned champions .

Teams …Lanner v Dropship  …..who have beaten each other in League matches this season .

Venue ….Illogan RBL  with a 2 pm k off , extra time and penalties if required .

Admission at gate by CASH ONLY  £3 and £2 concessions 

All welcome to come and watch a feast of football in what should be an interesting match ! 

Shame the finals are on a Saturday when a number of league matches are still  being played.Would of been good if held on a weekday evening or after league fixtures had ended for neutral supporters to attend and support their leagues area representatives.
Better crowds as well I would of thought.

I appreciate the weather causing a backlog of fixtures this season has been unprecedented though.

Just wander if it was always going to be the league’s decision to hold the finals on a Saturday late in season?

We beat lanreath at sticker on Saturday in the east area final, I’d assume there would have been a presentation or something but there was nothing! First time I’ve been to sticker for years and really decent set up there. Really looked after by the club as well

22 hours ago, StarsAndStripes said:

Shame the finals are on a Saturday when a number of league matches are still  being played.Would of been good if held on a weekday evening or after league fixtures had ended for neutral supporters to attend and support their leagues area representatives.
Better crowds as well I would of thought.

I appreciate the weather causing a backlog of fixtures this season has been unprecedented though.

Just wander if it was always going to be the league’s decision to hold the finals on a Saturday late in season?

I wander if it was advertised that well. Personally didn't see anything until a report 2 days after the game!