Division 1 West

Helston Athletic Development 2 v St. Ives Town

Praze v RNAS Culdrose

St. Day v Troon

WEDNESDAY, 1ST MAY, 2024

Premier Division West

Mullion v Redruth United

Division 1 East

Roche v Torpoint Athletic (Kick-off 6.45pm)

St. Minver v Nanpean Rovers

Division 1 West

Threemilestone v West Cornwall (Being played at Frogpool)

THURSDAY, 2ND MAY, 2024

Premier Division West

Falmouth Town v Perranwell

Division 1 West

Helston Athletic Development 2 v Ludgvan

Wendron United v St. Agnes

FRIDAY, 3RD MAY, 2024

Premier Division East

Callington Town v St. Dominick

Torpoint Athletic 2 - 2 St Austell

Torpoint goal scorers: Easterbrook, Taylor.

Hugely disappointed given we were 2-0 up at HT, but St Austell to their credit fought back and were good for the draw. 

It was St Austell who started the stronger and we were nothing but frantic in our play. Their best chance of the first half came from a quality ball in behind to a well timed run from the visiting forward who came face to face with Sidey in goal quickly, but passed him to drive towards an open goal only to hit his effort at goal at the retreating Fuller to block on the line. Chance gone begging and a wake up call for Torpoint. After that we did improve from 25-30mins played having been the lesser side. St Austell were adamant at playing from the back but it was repetitive and in time we got great joy from it, winning the ball back multiple times high up on the left with Easterbrook and Westall backed up in numbers. This gave us opportunities but efforts on goal were blocked, saved or off target. With half an hour played we got ourselves on top and took the lead from a set piece. A curling ball in from deep on the left by Taylor found Easterbrook whose deft touch with his back to goal flicked the ball inside the near post with the keeper nonethewiser. This hit St Austell and we were quickly 2-0 up. A chipped ball from right back found Taylor running in behind whose first touch was incredible to bring the ball down to drop in front of him, and in one swift act lifted the ball on the half volley over the onrushing keeper from 25 yards with a delicate finish. As individual quality goes, it could be our goal of the season. On top until the half we should've put the game to bed, with Payn getting himself through on goal 1v1 only to not get his shot away, a common trait and an opportunity missed as a last ditch tackle came in. 2-0 up at the break with only 15mins of dominance and could've been out of sight, but were fortunate Fuller rescued us early on.

The 2nd half was 45mins to forget and frankly embarrassing to watch as we kept giving the ball away time and time again. St Austell came out fighting and were back level within 10mins from 2 set pieces. On 50mins a free kick given out on the right was taken by Hutchings with an inswinger and headed into the net. Then 5mins later a set piece from the opposite side was again headed in for their equaliser. Disappointing to concede from set pieces but we ourselves benefitted from one in the first half, and sloppy from us to give away so many in dangerous areas. St Austell were the same and the game was riddled with cheap free kicks from less than meaningful contact. I've seen more contact in u12s games. Fortunately for us St Austell didn't threaten enough from then and go for the win as with very limited numbers they may have ran out of energy. We didn't capitalise on this as the Monstars from Space Jam had stolen our powers from the 15min spell in the first half and we forgot to play football, run, breathe, compose, care. Not the way I wanted to bow out of our home games for the season with a poor performance. 2-2 FT.

Two to go away at Lanson next week and Saltash the week after. Can't wait.

Mullion res 0-0 Redruth Utd 

good end to end game at clifden park last night with both sides seeing a fair share of chances, I did seem to notice mullion first team winger playing even tho he’d played the night before? Odd to me but there we go 

On 02/05/2024 at 10:17, UTFR said:

good end to end game at clifden park last night with both sides seeing a fair share of chances, I did seem to notice mullion first team winger playing even tho he’d played the night before? Odd to me but there we go 

On 02/05/2024 at 10:17, UTFR said:

Only odd thing is you calling it odd! He's only started 5 times for the first team and played 11 altogether. Navy lad, hence lack of availability, and offered to play as we were short. Quite reasonable to me! 

See you on Saturday - make sure the pitch is marked😀