Cornwall Football Forum

Remaining fixtures and postponements....... .... etc........

Only 1 fixture was played last night and tonight isn't looking none too clever neither......... 

Please be patient with us as we do our upmost to keep fixtures played before the season closes on us.

If you are scheduled to play away but you know your own pitch is ok then please don't be shy and offer the other club a pitch switch if possible. 

Here's a copy of my communication to Tom at Gunnislake yesterday, it sums up the situation nicely and means I can copy/paste and save me some time...........

Davey Green, Fixtures Secretary East Divisions.

Hi again Tom, 

There is absolutely no way that you have just asked your final question of the season !! Keep them coming  !! It just gets more interesting every week.
Gunnislake Reserves just happen to have more outstanding matches than anyone else, I guess I'm just grateful you didn't have a long successful cup run as well.
I spoke with Michael Kinger at the start of the season and we knew there would be issues towards the end of the season. We are encountering similar problems with other Clubs who are fielding two sides in the League.
The season officially ends on May 31st, as ordered by the FA, and this has been the case for a few years now, The next season, and all of its admin, should be organised by 01st June. The Premier Division (includes your Firsts) has an earlier cut off date.
As far as Gunnislake is concerned, I am organising Double Headers and early/late kick offs so that both of your teams can play at home on a Saturday. Otherwise, it is totally impossible for you to get all of your matches played.
With matches now being postponed in April, the backlog has got to an unforeseen level. 
Gunnislake Reserves currently have 8 Home Games and 5 Away Games yet to be played. Gunnislake Firsts currently have 3 Home Games and 2 Away Games yet to be played. Total = 11 Home Games and 7 Away Games to fit in somewhere between now and 31st May ( which gives me only 8 Saturdays, assuming bright sunshine hereinafter).
I have spent all of today liaising with our colleagues within the Leagues and the County FA, as well as negotiating with Clubs to accepting the new rearranged fixtures which require a lot of midweek travelling to some of the distant Away fixtures. 
The most geographically isolated Clubs are Tregony and/or Gerrans & St Mawes (GSM have two teams) and I can assure everyone that they had zero dates of midweek travelling when we started the season but this has been a peculiar year for wet weather.
I inspected the pitch myself for Lifton FC this afternoon and it was simply unsafe to expect 5 successive hours of bright sunshine to dry up the pitch to enable tonight's game to go ahead. 
All that said, these have been testing times for the League and County Admins, Players, Club Officials, Referees and Supporters. 
I'm still hopeful that we will somehow finish the season just in time before we start the next one !

Davey