Cornwall Football Forum

PSF Lanson 2 Dartmouth 0

Lovely summer evening for a PSF last night. A mostly tight game at Pennygillam, but the better moments, chances and goals fell to the Clarets.

Two finishes of real quality earned the hosts a deserved win. Good performances in every department from the Lanson boys. Not a bad evenings' entertainment!

Not au fait with the Clarets current squad and unsure who the scorers were. Nice new roof on the stand and the ground in nice shape for the new season.

Good luck to Launceston for the new season. Can they break out of their perennial struggles at the bottom end of the SWPL -W?

Neil has certainly stuck to his guns with this core group of players, they've got some real talent coming through at the moment and with Watkins now signed he has the experience and leadership to guide them even further. 

Their form at the back end of last season showed that they were on the right trend and looking towards the top half. Goes to show that you don't need bags of money to get players interested and playing the right way.

I'll definitely be keeping an eye on their results this season.

Neil Price is doing a good job with a sparse budget. They improved in the latter half of last season after a torrid start. Dan Hart did fantastically well with a organised and committed side. Neil I think, is trying to get the side to play in  a more expansive style. Kudos to him. Wish Lanson well.

7 hours ago, The Jam Tart said:

My mates lad plays up front for them Alfie Fothergill. Decent player. Having Watkins up front to coach him during a game should see his game come on further. 
Whilst Bude is my team, I will be popping down Pennygillam to keep an eye on them as well. 

Think you are spot on there Jambo!