Cornwall Football Forum

british fire service cup semi final

Guest Luffy

Bit of a disappointment - in regards to the result - but did well to get to the semi final.

To answer the question in regarding players - you do not stand much of a chance if you are playing at Junior level - Rob is fortuante that he was playing senior at the time and was able to show what he was all about - otherwise he may not have got his chance.

Rob hope you get back to fitness soon.

dont really agree with that statement luffy i know of a few players that have played for the brigade who play junior football i think a lot of it has to do with being retained or wholetime . look at the trip to scotland for instance three days away from your main employer if your retained which would mean either using up your annual leave or losing three days pay . not many retained guys can afford to do that . rob is one of the lucky ones who can but he does not have a mortgage or kids . so for me its not the standard of football you play its the commitment you can afford to give up .

Guest Luffy

dont really agree with that statement luffy i know of a few players that have played for the brigade who play junior football i think a lot of it has to do with being retained or wholetime . look at the trip to scotland for instance three days away from your main employer if your retained which would mean either using up your annual leave or losing three days pay . not many retained guys can afford to do that . rob is one of the lucky ones who can but he does not have a mortgage or kids . so for me its not the standard of football you play its the commitment you can afford to give up .

Sammo66,

U are probably right there, probably me being a little bit sore due to the fact never got a chance to show what I could do, in my younger days, offered but just got turned down. The only reason I could think off was because I was playing junior football at the time. It could have been that as I work in the Control maybe it is the same as RT and WT, we can not be spared therefore we do not get the opportunity. Do not know, just feel I missed out a bit.

Chip Shoulder comes to mind. Never mind just keeping to the old management game now, never know one day I may get the opportunity to manage the Brigade team, no point being bitter as I am far to old to play anymore.

All best for the future.