Cornwall Football Forum

CHELSEA, COLE & MIKE bloody RILEY

Even though I've had plenty of time to calm down after the fantastic spectacle that was Spurs V Chelsea last night, I still seem unable to get rid of the sheer anger and disgust I feel towards Chelsea FC and in particular Ashley fu~@ing Cole. Then there is the clueless, gutless and moronic pathetic excuse for a referee that goes by the name of Mike Riley.

Ashley Cole's tackle was a disgrace (in real time it was one of those that I thought straight away that's a red!) but his and his Chelsea chums behaviour afterwards showed such arrogance that it beggars belief! Turning your back on a ref and pointing to your shirt number after commiting a career threatening foul? The FA have to review their procedures. I never want to see that no mark play for england again! All together now 'where's your missus now...'. Should have had a red for the challenge and another one for his protestations and dissent, especially when you consider that the FA have only this week announced a £200million investment to go towards such things as "encouraging respect for officials". How can we expect our children to respect officials when they see their idols acting like Cole did.. ****.

As for Mike bloody Riley, well I wont go into that because I do not wish to create uproar with the officials that use this site, so just read the link and draw your own conclusions.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/foo...icle3587882.ece

Coopsie,I find it very difficult to disagree with you.Everything you say is correct.Chelsea may get some

sort of fine,if the F.A. decide to act.It really is down to the F.A to change rules,so they can overrule

an officals decision.Because Mr Riley wrongly gave Cole a Yellow card,not a Red,he is deemed to have

dealt with the situation.Crap.The F.A are spending the 200 million to clean up grass root football.Im afraid

they have got that upside down.Surely you must start at the top,to try and make the professional clubs get their houses in order first.It like banging your head against a brick wall with the F.A. though.

Oh, and where are all those narrowminded, two faced gooner fans who were demanding that Taylor from Birmingham be given a public hanging a few weeks ago for an unfortunate mistimed tackle that resulted in an even more unfortunate injury for Eduardo?. Don't they have anything to say about the 50 yard run, jump and two footed lunge that occurred in the Spurs V Chelsea game last night or are they like the manager of the team that they support and "didn't see it"?.

That challenge last night was worse than any I've seen for a long time. I would say the same if it was against another team, so there's no point saying "just because it's a Spurs player" etc etc. Unfortunately A Cole (or is that Ahole) plays for one of the "untouchable top 4" clubs and nothing can or will be done about it. Yet only a month ago Robbie Keane was given a straight red and a 3 game ban for not even making contact with the player he was attempting to tackle because apparantly it was construed as "dangerous play". When is football going to have the same rules applied for EVERYBODY and not just use them to benefit the supposed "big 4"?.

Afterall, if these wonderfully successful clubs are as amazing as we are led to believe surely they are able to achieve success without bias officiating and blatant rule bending?.

It came out on Sky TV that the FA can do nothing about Cole because Riley had already given him a yellow card. There are times when you think the FA are totally clueless. They are quite happy to take action if a referee may have missed something but why on earth can they not upgrade a yellow to a red when millions of people saw it. And why oh why did Riley not give Cole 2 yellow cards then, one for the tackle and one for his obvious dissent.

Once again I agree Coopsie.Very quiet Gooners and Chelski response,as usual.TOP 4 decisions for the so

called Big Boys.Cant wait for the weekend with them playing each other,even the biased officals will find

it hard to keep all 4 happy.Wait for all the moaning and complaining on Monday.Hope Mr Riley gets one

of the games.Then they can have a taste of their own medicine.

Guest Luffy

I saw the tackle which happened last night on the news this morning before going to work and A Cole should have walked it. Unfortunately I did not see what happened afterwards only caught the tackle, unfortuantely Cole can be an ar**hole, and to be perfectly honest I do not think he is the best when it comes to defending.

In regards to being the top four and with decisions that go for and against them. Chelsea have been on the end of some poor decisions when it comes to players being sent off, ie Lampard at West Ham, Mikel vs Man utd. Yes some decisions you do get and some you do not, it is swings and roundabouts. I do not think it is anything to do with who is in the top four places.

From all accounts the game was end to end, I am disappointed with the result because when you are 3 - 1 up away from home with 30 minutes to go you should be able to see the game out. This has probably done for our premiership title hopes, now we have hope that Liverpool beat Utd and Chelsea beat Arsenal.

As for players reaction when players are booked or fouls are committed, nearly all sides rally around their team mates and try to influence the ref it is part of being in a team. All clubs do it, however, it seems that in regards to the top 4 if one of those teams rally behind their team mate then it should be punished by the FA. Why then should not every team in the league be punished for doing the same?

I hope that Cole does apologise for the tackle, unfortunately football is a contact sport and things like this will happen. If we take away the ability to tackle in the game even if at times these tackles are poor then football will be no more than 22 blokes kicking a pigs bladder around a pitch holding each others hand.

In regards to the ref I have to agree he is pretty poor, his repsonsibility is to ensure that the game is run within the rules, I enjoy a game with a bit of thunder in it because I used to play that way myself, however if the tackle is deemed dangerous then the ref must act and a red be shown. Riley is extremely inconsistant when it comes to decisions, he may end up doing Championship games in the next few weeks.

Guest Blue_Dude-(^_^)

Oh, and where are all those narrowminded, two faced gooner fans who were demanding that Taylor from Birmingham be given a public hanging a few weeks ago for an unfortunate mistimed tackle that resulted in an even more unfortunate injury for Eduardo?. Don't they have anything to say about the 50 yard run, jump and two footed lunge that occurred in the Spurs V Chelsea game last night or are they like the manager of the team that they support and "didn't see it"?.

That challenge last night was worse than any I've seen for a long time. I would say the same if it was against another team, so there's no point saying "just because it's a Spurs player" etc etc. Unfortunately A Cole (or is that Ahole) plays for one of the "untouchable top 4" clubs and nothing can or will be done about it. Yet only a month ago Robbie Keane was given a straight red and a 3 game ban for not even making contact with the player he was attempting to tackle because apparantly it was construed as "dangerous play". When is football going to have the same rules applied for EVERYBODY and not just use them to benefit the supposed "big 4"?.

Afterall, if these wonderfully successful clubs are as amazing as we are led to believe surely they are able to achieve success without bias officiating and blatant rule bending?.

Quite right Coopsie! Oh Ashley Cole is a fkn ar*ole, repeat till he gets message.

When Blues got promoted a few years back our 1st game was *rse away, he got cisse sent off for a nothing challenge! Asked on soccer am which ground he hates going to most and he says "ST. Andrews" because of the flack he gets! and why did he do the dirty on chezza? OOH she's fit :thumbsup:

Guest Dermot

Bad challenge,Bad attitude and he is a lucky player not to have recieved a :SM_carton: for that.

It was just an all round poor show from the Chelsea players to crowd the Ref,i thought that had been banned from so called `pro` players? And then turning his back to prove what a complete arse he is was beyond belief. ;0( :angry:

In regards to being the top four and with decisions that go for and against them. Chelsea have been on the end of some poor decisions when it comes to players being sent off, ie Lampard at West Ham, Mikel vs Man utd. Yes some decisions you do get and some you do not, it is swings and roundabouts. I do not think it is anything to do with who is in the top four places.

Was Lampards card not rescinded during or just after the same appeal that saw Aliadiere at Boro have his ban extended for just appealing?.

Ashley Cole should be banned, just the same as Taylor should for his horror tackle, as should anyone else who dives in either two-footed or with their studs up.

As for Cole himself, i dont know who he thinks he is but he must be one of the most disliked players in football, greedy, disloyal, disrepectful and helps give professional players and Chelsea a bad name. :c:

Guest postman pat

if mike reilly only booked ashley cole for the horrendus tackle then surely he should have booked him for dissent when he turned his back and refused to look at him. :SM_carton:

this only sends out bad signals to players all over the country who will now think they can get away with these things.then we will have dissilusioned followers coming on this forum with postings complaining about this weeks referee :c:

Guest Luffy

Was Lampards card not rescinded during or just after the same appeal that saw Aliadiere at Boro have his ban extended for just appealing?.

Yes Lampards card was rescinded and so it should have been, he did nothing to incur a sending off. The point I was trying to make was that Chelsea still went down to 10 men during the match which could have affected the result in that particular case it did not, but the ref made a mistake in his decision.

The ref got it wrong with not sending off Cole but he is not the only player to have got away with a poor challenge this season and he will not be the last. At least he has come out and apologised for the the tackle and his behaviour, maybe after the fact he realised how much of a t**t he looked.

Guest Bushranger

Whilst i agree with most things said on this topic,cole is a **** and it was a terrible challenge,the buck stops with mr riley ,he is meant to be the decision making man of authority and sadly he made the wrong decisions,cole even if yellowed for the challenge should of recieved a second yellow for the way he behaved afterwards but he played the referee ,as in he knew what he may get away with!!!so if riley is so gullible you cant lay all the blame on mr cole,these refs are now proffesional and very well paid these days!!!I have personally witnessed mike riley make terrible decisions involving my team and decisions in favour of the top club of the championship at the time,how he has got so far is beyond me!!

Mike Riley :SM_carton::SM_carton::SM_carton::SM_carton: :SM_carton:

Guest Dermot

If Mike Riley had shown a :SM_carton_y: to Cole,Terry,Lampard and Drogba for charging at him and showing dissent,that might have set a bit of an example to other players. :wacko:

Then a straight :SM_carton: to Cole for the tackle,and reported him for U/G conduct for turning his back we might have seen Cole having a well deserved (for being an idiot) break from football,giving him time to cheat on his lurvelly missus. ;0) :blink:

Guest Ronin

Nice to see Mascherano get a second :SM_carton_y: leading to a swift :SM_carton: today after his attrocious behaviour towards the ref and I'm not just saying that cos I'm a United fan.