Cornwall Football Forum

Cornwall County Youth Team

The last game of the season is this saturday against Oxfordshire youth u18s, i have heard some players have dropped out and a few fresh faces have been drafted in, this may bring extra zest into the team, new faces that have been named but never given the chance.

good luck :clapper::thumbsup: :yahoo:

There are some changes for this game for a variety of reasons.

Firstly with nothing more than pride to play for I am trying to build for next season by bringing in some players who will qualify for next year as well.

Both Liam Dingle and Sam Hunter won their county caps for 10 appearances after the last game and having talked to them both I've let them go back to Newquay to play this weekend. Both were disappointed but understanding of the situation. I'd also like to put on recoerd my grateful thanks to both players for their commitment and effort to the county team over the last 2 seasons, and also to Newquay who accepted without any aggrivation, the loss of 4 players each game and were proud to let them represent their county.

Liam Eddy also contacted me to ask if he could be released because of club commitments this weekend, and I agreed as it's given me the opportunity to see Sam Cooper (Truro City) and Lewis Young (Millbrook) as a possible pairing for next year.

Oli Dart can't be there because he is on Bristol on a university visit, and Martyn Moon is struggling with an ankle injury from last weekend's semi-final. I've called in Stuart Peters and with Dan Meens due a game I've got a rather different line-up than the one I imagined a couple of weeks ago.

However, it will mean that next year, if I'm chosen to manage the team again, we should have 8 players available again with experience of county football, and although they will all have to undergo the same trial proceedure as the rest, it's got to be benificial all round.

Hope that clears thing up!

Guest Blue_Dude-(^_^)

There are some changes for this game for a variety of reasons.

Firstly with nothing more than pride to play for I am trying to build for next season by bringing in some players who will qualify for next year as well.

Both Liam Dingle and Sam Hunter won their county caps for 10 appearances after the last game and having talked to them both I've let them go back to Newquay to play this weekend. Both were disappointed but understanding of the situation. I'd also like to put on recoerd my grateful thanks to both players for their commitment and effort to the county team over the last 2 seasons, and also to Newquay who accepted without any aggrivation, the loss of 4 players each game and were proud to let them represent their county.

Liam Eddy also contacted me to ask if he could be released because of club commitments this weekend, and I agreed as it's given me the opportunity to see Sam Cooper (Truro City) and Lewis Young (Millbrook) as a possible pairing for next year.

Oli Dart can't be there because he is on Bristol on a university visit, and Martyn Moon is struggling with an ankle injury from last weekend's semi-final. I've called in Stuart Peters and with Dan Meens due a game I've got a rather different line-up than the one I imagined a couple of weeks ago.

However, it will mean that next year, if I'm chosen to manage the team again, we should have 8 players available again with experience of county football, and although they will all have to undergo the same trial proceedure as the rest, it's got to be benificial all round.

Hope that clears thing up!

Any hopefull pro's coming through the ranks Tommy? Do scouts go as far down as Cornwall from the big clubs? Obviously Plymouth get to cherry pick the better players? Nigel Martyn and Wayne Quinn spring to mind as Cornish players. Are there any more that have made the big time? :c:

The hopeful pros probably won't get as far as me, they'll already be on the books of professional clubs.

Most of the lads that do come my way will have had some kind of experience with a pro club via tha centre of excellence programmes or the advanced development centres, some even will have been released after a year of their scholarship agreement.

Anyone playing at U-18 level that isn't at a pro club has probably, in all reality, have missed the boat. Nigel Martyn is an obvious exception as I played full county football with him and he was picked up by Bristol Rovers later, but this happens less often now than ever.

Pro clubs are being told to hang on to their youth players as long as they possibly can these days because of some who physically develop later, and clubs have been guilty of losing a great player by being impatient.

All I can hope is that all the players that come through the Cornwall County Youth System enjoy their experience and become better players for it. If you ask any of the players that have had the chance they'll probably all tell you it's been well worthwhile.

Jamie's done fantastically well, I speak or text him most weeks and has been amongst the goals for The Posh recently.

The really great thing about Jamie is he still remembers who he is and who his mates are and never misses dropping in to see me when he's home.

Lovely guy and deserves the success he's currently enjoying.

No one's actually asking you for a start.

I'm the one who got him up to Peterborough and I know exactly what's happening to him and I'm in regular contact with him and his parents regarding his future.

He is going to Peterborough next season and isn't yet pushing for a place in the reserves. When he does go next season he won't be able to play for us so what would be the use in putting him in the side for the last game and denying someone else the opportunity to prove themselves?

I've coached Darren since he was 9 years old and know him better than most and should he become available next season for some reason I'll pick him.

No one's actually asking you for a start.

I'm the one who got him up to Peterborough and I know exactly what's happening to him and I'm in regular contact with him and his parents regarding his future.

He is going to Peterborough next season and isn't yet pushing for a place in the reserves. When he does go next season he won't be able to play for us so what would be the use in putting him in the side for the last game and denying someone else the opportunity to prove themselves?

I've coached Darren since he was 9 years old and know him better than most and should he become available next season for some reason I'll pick him.

glad to hear the boys a bloody god :yahoo: