Goonhavern 2-1 Camelford

Porthleven 4-2 Millbrook

DIV 1 EAST

Budleigh Salterton 6-1 Teignmouth

Exmouth Town 1-3 Plymstock United

Stoke Gabriel 4-1 Crediton United

Guest Gouldie

Porthleven 4 - 2 Millbrook

A game packed with incidents but if the truth be known should never have been played. The decision to play was ridiculous and resulted in 3 red cards and only a 40 minute 2nd half!!!! I could go on but have got to go to work. Interested to hear if anyone from Porthleven agrees or if the result takes away the negatives. I think the importance of the fixture deserved a better pitch and the result had no real reflection on either teams ability.

Goonhavern 2 Camelford 1

Goonhavern came from a goal down to win in a game spoiled by the wind and rain, although the pitch just about held up. First 20 minutes we were awful and could have been 2 or 3 down but only Cameron Palin managed to score for the visitors. A neat passing move lead to James Harvey equalising from the edge of the box and 10 minutes before half time we lost Lee Dark to injury. 2 minutes later we were in front when a short corner routine ended with Jason Barber's bulleted low cross being touched in by a visiting defender.

In the second half the wind changed round and was blowing in our faces and we faced a barrage from the Camels who will feel aggrieved that they didn't get at least a point from a game where both sides played some good football. Dean Blatch hit the crossbar again from a 25 yard free kick and opposing goalkeeper Joe Tickle's long goal kick was touched over the bar by the back tracking rotund home keeper. The visitors had some late chances but a brilliant defensive 45 minute won us the game.

I thought Camelford were one of the best sides we have played this season and if they keep their young squad together then they will be one of the top teams in this division in the next couple of years. I thought paul menhennick was outstanding for them.

Credit must also go to Camelord's Linesman Anthony Hill who was the most honest one I have seen with the flag this season, and didn'y get a decision wrong.

I am a happy man tonight, just 3 wins from safety (I hope)

Goonhavern 2 Camelford 1

I am a happy man tonight, just 3 wins from safety (I hope)

Who the hammers or the gooners mate :P

But seriously well done on another good win :clapper: hopefully you have turned the corner and I hope darkys injury is nothing serious and he will be back soon :thumbsup:

Porthleven v Millbrook

My reflection on the game as a Millbrook supporter and in response to Gouldie is that I was surprised to see the game go ahead BUT the pitch was the same for both sides. Some of the Porthleven supporters around me said that Millbrook were actually playing the better football and I agree. But, on the other hand, I think Porthleven were much better at playing the pitch.

Quite simply, Millbrook made more mistakes than Porthleven and they made a few themselves!

Guest pafc 4 the prem

after playing in the game at goonhavern have to say that they deserved it, we should have killed the game off in first twenty but credit to them for coming back in to it, i think they have the players to finish the season well and thought the pitch held up pretty well considering the conditions, was particuarly impressed with there two strikers. on a positive note joe made great start for us in goal, just a shame we've dropped off in last couple weeks but we'll bounce back