Cornwall Football Forum

Wed 23rd May Result

Queens Rangers 5 St Merryn 1

I went to watch this game and from a neutral point of view was glad I did! First half was fairly even with both sides having chances. The first goal came from Queens after they broke the offside trap and the ball unluckily came off a St Merryn player for an OG. Second half saw Queens came out of the blocks fast and within quick succession found themselves 3 up, one of which coming from a 25 yard screamer. Queens then added another to make it 4-0, St Merryn kept pushing and this eventually paid off after a shot rebounded off the bar and was tucked away by a supporting player. Queens with moments to go added a fifth to end the game 5-1. I have to say I have seen Queens and St Merryn play before and St Merryn they didn't play to their full potential but take nothing away from Queens, they played really well and deserved the win.

I also wanted to mention the Referee who I thought was great, making sensible decisions, controlling the game well.

Good luck to both teams for the rest of their seasons and look forward to next season.

Tom