Cornwall Football Forum

striker needed

Guest cola

Guest Doomer17

Past redruth 2 miles as if you were going to Falmouth. They play there games at Tresevean, which is the first right after the garage, follow the road/rocky lane about 200mtres and its on the left. used to love that pitch, but nowadays the rabbits just destroy it! And its a nightmare getting the ball if you play down the far end.

Guest Doomer17

To be fair coopsie getting up the hill to Tresevean is the worst bit! Or being a keeper and having to get the ball when(which happened a lot) the opposition lousts a shot over the bar down the bottom end! Still a real nice, flat surface, other than like i said the rabbit holes which really are annoying.

And its not looked after enough, which is a real shame. I've always said if somebody put some money into 'Tressie', they could turn it into a good little ground. Theres so much room surrounding it. Hey, then maybe Lanner could get into the combo!?:P I'll come and help u out then lads haha! Having a great season so far though.

the pitch is in the next few weeks having all its drainage done, posts re done, dug outs put in, so its def moving forward, we cant play if there are any rabbit holes so ref has to check the pitch before play, but u cant change nature but at the end of the day there cannot be many more junior pitches better than lanners

ps. doomer, maybe many shots went over the bar and wide ages ago, but things have changed of recent, bet i could put a few past you no worries!

Guest Postie Pidge

I was led to believe the drainage at Tresavean was always a problem but if it's being sorted thats a good thing. Is it still changing at the Coppice and walking/driving up to the pitch?

Guest Doomer17

the pitch is in the next few weeks having all its drainage done, posts re done, dug outs put in, so its def moving forward, we cant play if there are any rabbit holes so ref has to check the pitch before play, but u cant change nature but at the end of the day there cannot be many more junior pitches better than lanners

ps. doomer, maybe many shots went over the bar and wide ages ago, but things have changed of recent, bet i could put a few past you no worries!

Hi mate. Just in case you did (and im sure you didn't) think i was, my post was in no way being negative towards Tressie, if you read the whole topic you would see i was saying how good it used to be and the potential it has. I used to go up there practising all the time (literally all the time!)

It is a major shame that the rabbits destroy it, and i also know that the referee now has to check it.

The surroundings of the pitch is all wasteland, so im sure one day the pitch could be made wider and maybe a stand put around it..has loads of potential. You also have that huge slope/bank up the right hand side, that could be changed im sure to make the pitch bigger! Good to hear its moving forward.

Haha, im sure you could put a few past me..if you ever get the priviledge of trying;) Good luck for the rest of the season.