Cornwall Football Forum

UNLUCKY SCOTLAND

r_and_l

SCOTLAND 1 ITALY 2

the scots should be proud of themselves if england showed as much heart we wouldnt be relying on israel to do us a favour tonight maybe we should have mcleish instead of mclaren he obviously knows how to give his teams heart and belief.

once again unlucky scotland you deserved better :clapper:

Guest Peppermint

I have to agree with Gillsy because why should any English football follower support Scotland. After all whoever England plays all Scottish followers hope that the other side's win - so why tell me should we support or praise Scotland. The day that any Scottish football follower states that they hope Engalnd wins then I may change my opinion!!!

I also have to agree that the Israel v Russia result does not alter the fact that McClaren should go and we get a good manager in his place.

Guest Peppermint

Bit surprised by your comments Coopsie.

I agree with HP having worked and lived near Scottish football fans who hate everything English then why should we not rejoice when Italy beat Scotland. I was almost a lone voice cheering the Italian goals as was big number9.

I agree that McClaren should go but I still [as a Patriot] want my country to qualify on Wednesday evening. There is enough hordes North of the Border desperate for a Croatian victory without English people wanting them to lose.

You totally misunderstand what I mean Peppermint mate. "I WANT ENGLAND TO QUALIFY" BUT the way that our supposed heroes in the national team have performed pretty much throughout the whole qualification process could be kindly described as lackluster. I was pointing out that as much as we get to enjoy a good old fashioned gloating sesh at the Scots expense, their fans can atleast display a high level of pride in the way that their own team of hero's have performed and expressed themselves.

I will be cheering as loud as any other true England fan on wednesday night but I can not put my hand on my heart and say that I feel as much pride for the team that we'll have out compared to the pride that the Scots must feel for their team. When I get to see our team show even 10% of the passion, fight and desire that the Scots played with, I will once again begin to feel a little pride for the team that I so badly want to see succeed. It's just that at the moment even the hardest of "Three Lion's" supporters can't seriously take pride or get satisfaction out having to endure the dross that we are continually subjected to each time they step on the pitch?.

I now read that McClaren is probably going to play Crouch upfront on his own and play 5 in midfield with Gerrard being the one to push on. Nice to see that we are being positive and attacking, rather than pathetically adopting a defensive formation like 4 5 1 and HOPE that we hold on for a point :wacko:

Guest Peppermint

Fair point Coopsie. I cannot understand why he cannot play at least two up front and really go for it. Winning 5-4 is better than be too cautious and then losing a goal near the end and losing 1-0.

I agree that England could play with more passion but I think the crowd on Wednesday needs to forget their grievances with McClaren and get behind the team.

I think that's been one of our problems Peppermint!. Our fans generally go mad for our team and can surely be placed up there with the noisiest fans in world football, remember the Greece game?. The thing is that as supporters we want to see our team play with that intensity and desire EVERY time they step out onto the pitch, not just because we've backed ourselves into a very tricky corner and lady luck has given another bite at the cherry after shockingly ordinary performances in nearly all the preceeding games.

You're spot on with your "two upfront and really go for it" statement. Surely as an attacking force we have enough quality to scare the life out of most defences in world football?. The likes of J Cole, Wright Phillips, Gerrard(or Lampard but NOT both together), A Young, Becks/Bentley and yes Crouch, Defoe and even Bent or Micah Richards etc etc are capable of producing if given the chance. Our strongest assett is surely within the attacking threat that we posess as a squad, so why set out to stifle the opposition when our lads are at home with 90,000 singing fans behind them and the chance to restore a little pride into the hearts of those that pay their wages.

What the heck is the point in playing a five man midfield with the likelihood that we could concede a goal at any time, then what would happen??. Oh yes, he'd take off a midfielder and chuck on one of the strikers (or knowing Steve McClaren Alan Smith :wacko: ) and hope that he can save the game. I say the same as you Peppermint, we should simply Attack, Attack, Attack. Get some confidence within in the team and the supporters will let them know that they are liking what they see.

Guest Peppermint

Here here Coopsie - wouldn't that be a great sight an England team going all out in attack with wave after wave of attacks. Now that would be worth watching. Wait a moment a pink pig has just gone flying by - forgot McClaren is the manager!!

Guest The Judge aka RED OR DEAD

Coopsie, the only problem is that it is no longer 90,000 football fans at Wembley (or any other big match) anymore. You have the corporates who demand to be 'entertained' and the families who clog up the streets aorund NW London in their 4x4s. The real football fans have been priced out of the home games, you know, the ones that follow England abroad with flags from Macclesfield, Exeter, Darlington etc, it is cheaper for those fans to watch England in Europe and it is those ones who make all the noise.

I have to agree with Peppermint, McDonut is hopeless, why would a quality player on £100k a week listen to what the ex-Boro man had to say. The FA should get Mourihno in for the Euros (assuming we qualify) and watch England win in 2008. The FA can then keep him or go for a yes man for 2010 World Cup - problem is with the FA, they don't have the bottle to do what is good for the country.

Coopsie, the only problem is that it is no longer 90,000 football fans at Wembley (or any other big match) anymore. You have the corporates who demand to be 'entertained' and the families who clog up the streets aorund NW London in their 4x4s. The real football fans have been priced out of the home games, you know, the ones that follow England abroad with flags from Macclesfield, Exeter, Darlington etc, it is cheaper for those fans to watch England in Europe and it is those ones who make all the noise.

I have to agree with Peppermint, McDonut is hopeless, why would a quality player on £100k a week listen to what the ex-Boro man had to say. The FA should get Mourihno in for the Euros (assuming we qualify) and watch England win in 2008. The FA can then keep him or go for a yes man for 2010 World Cup - problem is with the FA, they don't have the bottle to do what is good for the country.

I totalyagree with you The Judge aka RED OR DEAD about the prices of tickets and also the corporates fella, It is exactly the same for F.A Cup or C.C Cup finals the real fans cannot get tickets but people who dont even support the teams/countries just walk in with a smile on the face just because they wear a suit and thats totaly wrong and it should be looked at.

Gone are the days when real people counted its all about the folding paper stuff now im affraid :(

Once again it is virtually England as our last hope. Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland are perennial losers, and I agree McClaren should be given the heave-ho.

It would be nice if he watched his last match in charge in front of the telly and not at pitch side.

I don't like the picture in your last post Cockerkneeboy, I'm hurt :( ..

A bloke goes into Stanstead Airport and manages to eventually get into the departure lounge where his flight home is being called. All around him there are overturned tables, smashed windows, computer terminals broken, upturned chairs and crowd control barriers lying on the floor.

"Christ, what's happened here?" he asks one of the ground crew.

"Oh yeah...", he replies "Absolutely hopeless .... we had the West Ham players in here this morning filming the new Nike ad".