Cornwall Football Forum

YIDS TO YIELD TO RELEGATION??.

Coopsie

After yet ANOTHER pathetic performance by Spurs in the MUST WIN game against Newcastle the unbelievably stupid Martin Jol chose to drop Berbatov and Lennon to the bench. :wacko: ..

Are Spurs really candidates for relegation or will they manage to turn things around and climb the table?.

Personally I think that IF Jol is kept in charge there is no chance whatsoever of turning things around and at the end of the season HP and Anita will be having a hell of a laugh at my expense (I'm sure the Hammers fans will enjoy it too). :(

Guest Peppermint

Coopsie - it might be worse for Spurs if you got rid of Jol and got McClaren instead! If Berbatov and Lennon were fit then surely they have got to be in the starting line up.

Guest Tremough Defender

I am bitterly disappointed to the start Spurs have made this season. we haven't been helped by injuries, but even so I just think the pressure has got to Jol. He is making bizzare decisions, and stupidly thinking he can afford to rotate the squad. I have always been bought up that if your best players are fit, you play them. Regardless of opposition.

I was one of the people that signed the keep Jol petition not long ago, but I now think it is time to move on. On the other hand.... who is going to come in?

YIDS TO YIELD TO RELEGATION??.,

Must say I object to the choice of words in subject line.

SHUT UP chairman. Once again you can't resist the opportunity to moan can you. The term YID is taken from within the Jewish community or should I say "The YIDDISH Community", the people responsible for the birth of Tottenham Hotspur. It is a term used by the Tottenham fans to describe eachother and if you kept upto date with current affairs you would know that the Government are trying their best to get the term "Yid" ousted from football and are using the "Kick Racism Out" campaign as an excuse BUT the Spurs fans are willing to go to court and actually have a petition with over 50,000 signatures backing the supporters right to call themselves by the name that has been associated with the club for over 100 years.

The vast Jewish community within North London provide the base for the petition that is being sent to the High Court and Parliament and I'll guarantee that upto 90% of that community follow Spurs and PROUDLY describe themselves as YIDS.

So chairman, on what basis does your objection carry any weight?. I spent the first 10 years of my life growing up in Tottenham and was friendly with many jewish families. We used to meet up every sunday at seven sisters playing field to have the weekly "Gooners V Yids" kickabout and many of the jewish parents would come along to watch and we would often hear those parents chanting "Come On You Yids". Taking into account that all of us kids were between the age of 6 and 9 and there were JEWISH parents chanting those things from the sidelines, I simply struggle to understand where your objection comes from.

Now I'm fairly sure that the title to this topic is not "Who Objects To The Choice Of Words In The Subject Line". Therefore, if you don't have an opinion on the ACTUAL TOPIC in question, whats the point of saying anything at all?.

Once again I'll say, "If you don't like a topic, DON'T READ IT". If however you do have an opinion on the topic in question, I would be interested in knowing what that opinion is. That is afterall why I asked the question in the first place.

iamthebest, Lennon and Berbatov were both fit. They were both eventually brought on (Berbatov had to be asked THREE times before agreeing,Jol has lost the dressing room).

What, except for within the "Yiddish Community"? :wacko: .. If the people concerned "the Spurs supporters" don't find it even slightly racist and are actually willing to fight to keep the term in use, Where is there a problem?. The only people that really find it a racist term are those that are racist themselves. Just like the same people that have banned Gollywogs, the use of the word Blackboard and many other things that only a racist mind would even consider derogatory.

Gotta back Coopsie up on this one. Ive heard this term used by many Spurs supporters , even ones on TV and Radio.

Anyway...onto the subject..Jol has indeed lost the dressing room but i ask myself how much harm the board or plc did to exacerbate this problem.

Nice little job available at the Amsterdam Arena for him!! Although don't get me started on Ajax, they have problems of their own.

Coopsie,I have no problem with what you say about political correctness and some of the stupidity surrounding it.You may well be right about the Spurs supporters(are they all Jewish?)I just do not like that word myself.I am prepared to be a lone voice and guess that I just do not expect to these things on a Cornish Website.

nice common sense answer seagull. Do you really think that what the Board have done would ultimately change the way a player feels towards his manager?. I'm not so sure myself because if the players weren't happy about how the board conducted themselves, they would surely go out and play like lions to ensure the manager keeps his job?. They still get paid either way don't they.

There is absolutely NO fight whatsoever in the team and it appears that they just don't want to play for Jol anymore. I am seriously concerned about the way things are going at the moment and something has to be done VERY SOON otherwise the hole we are digging will be too deep to get out of and Championship football beckons :( .

Coopsie,I have no problem with what you say about political correctness and some of the stupidity surrounding it.You may well be right about the Spurs supporters(are they all Jewish?)I just do not like that word myself.I am prepared to be a lone voice and guess that I just do not expect to these things on a Cornish Website.

I understand what you're saying chairman. As for (are they all jewish?), NO not all, however, I'd be willing to bet that a good 60% of ALL spurs fans are from within the yiddish community and indeed a vast amount of the clubs investment comes from the rich jewish business men that follow our club.

As for the comment "guess I just don't expect to see these things on a cornish website"..... Check out the title of the sub-section within which I placed this topic.

Now, do you think that the not so mighty spurs/yids will go down or not?.

I think they will overcome their problems,but need to act soon.It is totally unthinkable that with their tradition(The G-Men,Blanchflower,White,and co) they are where they are. Apart from my mis-guided following of QPR, Spurs have always been favourites of mine.I hope that those above will soon be seen to sort it.

Do you know for a fact berbatov had to be asked three times ?? I missed the match thats all

I didn't see the match iamthebest (tucked up with MAN FLU) BUT it is reported in EVERY paper this morning and they haven't stopped going about it on SkySports News. It appears that he was first asked within 2 minutes of the restart and he just sat there, refusing to even warm up. He was then asked 5 minutes later and eventually came on with 29 minutes to go. Thats 15 minutes between the first and last times he was asked/told to warm up or get changed.

Guest Cornishdave1980

Coopsie, once again your emmence knoweldge of Spurs(the yids) has come to the fore to quosh any pointless retort from members of the PC brigade.....Well done Sir well Done..... next thing you know we wont be able to say Taff or Joc....... :clapper::thumbsup:

On the matter of your subject i see Spurs finishing mid table only, your major problem this year is several teams have stepped up a standard i.e. Pompy, Villa, West Ham and Man City to name a few. Lets be fair to Martin jol a bit, we have just come back off an international break which is every managers(fantasy as well) nightmare coupled with the fact Spurs have not fielded the first choice defence this season. I think all that is needed is a consist run of team selection once his squad is fit.......The chairman and the fans do have a right to vent their frustrations however come match day it should be 100% incouragement, something that was lacking in their recent UEFA cup game which i had the unfortunate pleasure of attending.

Chin up Coopise its a long season

I think they will overcome their problems,but need to act soon.It is totally unthinkable that with their tradition(The G-Men,Blanchflower,White,and co) they are where they are. Apart from my mis-guided following of QPR, Spurs have always been favourites of mine.I hope that those above will soon be seen to sort it.

So do you think that Jol has had his day, took things as far as he can and should now be replaced QUICKLY?.

I just read an article that quotes his excuse as being "We lack leadership but Ledley King is back in 2 weeks and then things will change". What a load of turd. Are you telling me that he spent almost £40million in the summer and we still can't perform or play without Ledley King in the team.

Statements such as that one are surely proof enough that Martin Jol is well out of his depth?.

Coopsie, once again your emmence knoweldge of Spurs(the yids) has come to the fore to quosh any pointless retort from members of the PC brigade.....Well done Sir well Done..... next thing you know we wont be able to say Taff or Joc....... :clapper::thumbsup:

On the matter of your subject i see Spurs finishing mid table only, your major problem this year is several teams have stepped up a standard i.e. Pompy, Villa, West Ham and Man City to name a few. Lets be fair to Martin jol a bit, we have just come back off an international break which is every managers(fantasy as well) nightmare coupled with the fact Spurs have not fielded the first choice defence this season. I think all that is needed is a consist run of team selection once his squad is fit.......The chairman and the fans do have a right to vent their frustrations however come match day it should be 100% incouragement, something that was lacking in their recent UEFA cup game which i had the unfortunate pleasure of attending.

Chin up Coopise its a long season

cornishdave, YES the other teams have stepped up a standard BUT we finished above them all last season and then spent almost £40million ourselves. Surely we should have also stepped up our standard, not gone backwards 10 places.

I'll try to keep my chin up though :unsure:

Even though I don't think it's the right attitude to have, I fully understand why he would act in the way that he did. YES he's a pro football player and YES he should realise that it's a team/club and not just the Dimitar Berbatov appreciation society BUT he's also clever enough to know that he's the best player we have and would surely expect to play in a MUST WIN game?. Could you see Alex Ferguson not playing Ronaldo or Wenger not playing Fabregas in a similar situation?. I very much doubt it..

It is clear that Berbatov will leave at the end of the season (perhaps even in January) because he openly stated at the end of last season that he will leave if we don't achieve champions league football. Well that's obviously not going to happen BUT surely it would be in Spurs's best interests to get somebody in that Berbatov actually wants to play for and then he'll give his all to ensure that we finish as high as possible. Also if this happens, his value will stay high, rather than decline and we only end up breaking even rather than making a profit.

Martin Jol will not be in the hot seat at spurs for much longer after spending or should I say wasting over £40 million in the summer. After all he signed Darren Bent from Charlton for £17 million and he would find it hard to get in a Sunday League Pub Team. With questionably one of the best 3 players in the league last year sat on the bench last night (Berbatov) he must have been not 100% fit or Jol has completely lost the plot. With most people saying this will be the year that Spurs will push Arsenal all the Way for 4th position and a place in the Champions league and getting some decent signings with all that money in the transfer windows. But with the way they are defending at the present time they will be lucky to finish higher than 4th bottom. This with Arsene Wenger not really having to fork out a fortune in the summer for his signings the people and his great young team looking down at the rest of the league :yahoo: the people at White Hart Lane must be crying :( in their prawn sandwiches. At the end of the day Spurs will always be a few paces behind the Arsenal :drink:

Absolutely spot on Barbs. Though that croatia player Eduardo Da Silva did cost Arsenal a fair chunk of money (around £9million dependant upon success)and he's hardly lit up the premiership yet. BUT that's nothing compared to (as you correctly say) the wasting of money that was carried out at the lane last summer.

I can categorically say that there was NOTHING at all wrong with Berbatov, except that he's clearly fallen out with Jol. To be honest, can you blame him?

Firstly our best player over the season so far "Gareth Bale" got injured early on which is a shame BUT unfortunately for you, I'm about to get on my soap box.

Imagine I'm Martin Jol, these were my thoughts last night..

"I know we'll leave defoe at home and play a 16.5m sack of ***** ahead of him and last seasons top scorer(Berbatov), because im a fat cluelesss c@nt, and when Bale gets injured i'll quash our attacking impotus even more by playing a championship quality midfielder (Tainio) and leave lennon on the bench. Then when I do bring Lennon on later on in the game, I will wait until we are 3-1 down and then take off a striker and play him out of position on the left. Then when the final whistle blows, I will approach our star player Dimitar Berbatov and ask him why after dropping him so that I could play my waste of £16.5million, he refused to shake my hand. Then when I get up in the morning, I will immediately calm the situation by saying that everything will be ok in a couple of weeks because we have Ledley King back in the team and with his God like ability on the pitch, he can singlehandedly pull us up the table".

Do you all understand what I'm trying to say?. IF you can make any sense of the above "mindless ranting", you will be able to make sense of the screwed up brain that occupies the baron area that is Martin Jol's head.

Guest Postie Pidge

The word Yid (Yiddish: ייד, IPA: [ʲid]) is a slang Jewish ethnonym. Its usage may be controversial in modern English language. The correct pronunciation is [ʲid] (rhyming with deed), the way Yiddish-speakers say it. When pronounced [ʲɪd] (rhyming with did), it can generally be perceived as a pejorative—and is used as a derogatory epithet by antisemites.[1]

Supporters of Tottenham Hotspur F.C. adopted a nickname "Yid" (or "Yiddo") and often identify as "Yid Army". Used as a badge of pride, such usage is not without a controversy

The word Yid (Yiddish: ייד, IPA: [ʲid]) is a slang Jewish ethnonym. Its usage may be controversial in modern English language. The correct pronunciation is [ʲid] (rhyming with deed), the way Yiddish-speakers say it. When pronounced [ʲɪd] (rhyming with did), it can generally be perceived as a pejorative—and is used as a derogatory epithet by antisemites.[1]

Supporters of Tottenham Hotspur F.C. adopted a nickname "Yid" (or "Yiddo") and often identify as "Yid Army". Used as a badge of pride, such usage is not without a controversy

And the court rests. Slang is NOT racist and as you say Pidge, "Yid" or "Yiddo" is used as a badge of pride and will forever be used that way by the TRUE Spurs faithful.

Now Pidge, Do you think that Spurs will go down?. (Note, I said THINK, not HOPE) ;)

Sport Lover, I also saw Gingerbread People for sale in Warrens bakery in Penzance at the weekend. The PC Brigade are a pathetic bunch aren't they.

Sport Lover, I also saw Gingerbread People for sale in Warrens bakery in Penzance at the weekend. The PC Brigade are a pathetic bunch aren't they.

During the summer I found a shop in Tintagel that sells Gollywogs just the ones you used to get on the jam jars. It took me right back it did.......(drifts off into nostalgic rememberances)

During the summer I found a shop in Tintagel that sells Gollywogs just the ones you used to get on the jam jars. It took me right back it did.......(drifts off into nostalgic rememberances)

Should that not say "I found a shop in Tintagel that sells Gollyafrocarribean,nonewhiteeuropean,ethnicminority,politicallycorrectindividual?. ;)

Should that not say "I found a shop in Tintagel that sells Gollyafrocarribean,nonewhiteeuropean,ethnicminority,politicallycorrectindividual?. ;)

Or "I founde ye olde shoppe in Tintagel...." :P When I was a kid it was called a Gollywog and in the privacy of my own home that is what I will always call it so there!

Or "I founde ye olde shoppe in Tintagel...." :P When I was a kid it was called a Gollywog and in the privacy of my own home that is what I will always call it so there!

Abso flipping lutely Ronin. To think in this day and age we are told what we can and can't say!!. It makes my blood boil at times. :angry2:

Coopsie i dont think they will go down but then i didn't think that the scum (leeds) would go down a couple of years ago.

In my humble opinion what spurs need to do is stop trying to buy every midfielder or forward that comes on the market and sort the defence out as without King they look all the place and with bale out injured it could be a couple of weeks until your next win.

I kind of agree. We do however need to get a true world class midfielder to dominate the midfield and pull the strings. Somebody in the mould of Arteta or better still Riquelme, who is no longer wanted by his club in spain. We also need to get a better keeper and an older world class centreback to help bring on promising talents like Kaboul and Dawson. Offload all the midfield except for Lennon and then get in true quality. Same with the defence, offload everyone except for Dawson, King, Kaboul and Bale. Then bring in a couple with true quality.

Only Arsenal and Portsmouth have scored more goals than Spurs so far, therefore it's clear that the midfield and defence need STRENGTHENING and then once the goals stop going in,games will be won. SIMPLE.

Coopsie would you agree that the board need to let the manager manage the club and bring in players that he wants and get rid of players that he doesn't rather than let some director of football (whatever that is) do it and just expect the manager to be able to work with the player and fit him into the style of play that he wants.

It doesn't happen at United or Arsenal and they are the 2 best footballing sides in the country

ah reckon so, I think that Ramos (if it's him taking over) will have full control of team affairs. He will have sought such assurances whilst being approached for the position.

chairman, it appears that Ramos is actually one of the most sought after coaches in europe and was last year being linked with Chelsea and Barcelona AND Real Madrid. It's really annoying that I don't know more about this chap BUT the following link gives quite an insight to the man and the last paragraph provides one hell of a statement (Although it is taken from The Sun). Take a quick look and let me know what you think.

http://www.football365.com/story/0,17033,8...2825316,00.html

Coopsie,I understood that he's never been courted for the top Spanish jobs,so what's his credentials? Hearing talk now that Gus Poyet may come as No.2. See Chris Houghton's out,I think you recommended that.

Sky Sports just saying that Ramos has announced he's leaving Sevilla.We'll soon see.

Guest Postie Pidge

I'm thick as s**t unless the subject is football, that definition was cut and pasted from wikipedia!

I'd prefer to see Liverpool or Arsenal go down but wouldn't object if Spurs fell down the trapdoor - Plymouth isn't that far to go to watch them!

I'm optimistic that Spurs wont be travelling to Plymouth next year pidge :unsure: , unless ofcourse it's for a cup game.

chairman, Hughton had to go. He was defensive coach for heavens sake and you tell me when Spurs could ever defend over the last 20 years?. Poyet, I'm not too sure about that one but he's hopefully something to do with the form that Leeds are showing at the moment?.

I'm just glad that it's a total clean sweep that appears to be happening, rather than just a pointless reshuffle. It appears that it's now all sorted from Tottenham's point of view,as the link hopefully shows?.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/arti...amp;ito=newsnow

me too mate :unsure: . A bit of a worry but that Guillem Balague (The spanish correspondent on skysports news) said that he has been having lessons since Spurs first approached him (in August) and can hold a SIMPLE conversation in English. Well if he's going to keep players like Tainio, Jenas, Routledge, Ghaly, Gardner, Malbranque, Zokora, Stalteri, Young Pyo and Chimbonda, a SIMPLE conversation is all he'll need to get through to those dosile pillocks.

So Sevilla confirm that Ramos has resigned. So it's fair to assume that he IS taking the Spurs job. Are there any Leeds fans out there that could perhaps shed any light on whether Gus Poyet has been doing a good job at Leeds and if he'll perhaps do a good Job for Spurs?.

Guest postman pat

coopsie you said that fergie and wenger would not leave their best players on the bench if fit. what did fergie do with jaap stam no nonsense he was in charge.if Man utd had taken spurs gutless stance then they would not necessarely been the most sucessfull premiership club.

chairmen are in to much of a hurry for sucess. whats going to happen at white hart lane now. yes they may be getting a good coach but whatever he does will not happen overnight even with the profits that jol earnt for the club with 2 5th place finishes in the premiership and semi-final of euafa cup plus the purchase of some excellent ENGLISH youngsters.after 5minutes the board will lose patients with ramos and the process will start again with the fans again suffering with no trophies in the cabinet.

football fans have very short memories were the "yids" moaning at jol at the end of last season.what happens if these good young ENGLISH players are not given a chance by yet another foreign coach it will not be just the spurs fans who are moaning but all the ENGLAND fans because we do not have any young players playing in the premiership. just look at ARSENAL.

in my opinion its another nail in the coffin for ENGLISH football from the gutless spurs board today.its so easy for the spurs board to sit in their ivory tower smiling whilst their team is losing and pass the buck onto an honest man like jol.no wonder ramos is running all the way from spain he knows what a good foundation jol has laid for him.watch the team fly up the league with very few signings in january,most of spurs problems have been defensive just like their injuries.how many times have they played the same back 4 this season!!!! :c:

I see what you're saying postman pat BUT was itr the board selecting the wrong team each week, was it the board taking off the wrong players each week, was it the board that did nothing on the training ground even though the SAME MISTAKES were happening in EVERY game?. NO. I already stated before that Jol should receive nothing but good feelings from all Spurs fans BUT results and the league position are simply not good enough and he had to go. I like the sound of this Ramos with the more I read about him. It appears that his mentality is just like that of Sir Alex because if a player does not work hard enough in 1 game, he will be dropped for the next. No matter how big the players reputation is.

Somebody posted earlier that he took off a player and played the last 30 minutes of a game with 1o men whilst 2-0 up because his players weren't working hard enough. IF this is the way he is, it can only be good for a team that (apart from Keane and Bale) have simply not been trying hard enough and that's been clear to see in every performance so far.

Ramos will be given time and there's absolutely no reason to consider any other option. The board would not offer the suggested wage if they thought there would be a possibility of having to pay him off in the none too distant future.

A huge concern of mine is that it appears that Levy,ENIC and co are close to selling the club. The guy rumoured to be buying is another American billionaire who is the most successful sports investor of the last 20 years in America. When I've got time later I'll get his details but I think he owns the patriots American football team.(It's whoever has won 3 of the last 5 superbowls). The fact that he's been successful over there means sweet FA to me and to be honest I'd rather we didn't become yet another club with a sugar daddy playing with his new toy. However it appears that this is the way football is going and if we don't jump on the band wagon we will just fall even further behind.

My concern is, what if this guy comes in and he then decides that he doesn't want the management team that has just been employed?.

Theres alot of ifs and buts BUT I'm a Spurs fan and I could see that a change was desperately needed otherwise we would be playing in the Championship next season. So I'll get behind the new guy in the way that I have done with every other pathetic manager we've had over the last 20 years (Except for Jol ofcourse), and just hope that he's as good as we are led to believe?.