Cornwall Football Forum

WHY DO ENGLAND ALWAYS CHOKE?????

r_and_l

Why is it that whenever england are under pressure they usually mess it up ?? Yes they have some bed luck with injuries but surely we have enough quality players to get the job done yet our so called big players always choke when it really matters. What does everyone else think!!!

Guest Sport Lover

One reason is we always pick the 'big name' players no matter what. Some players just dont play well together and the manager doesnt have the guts to try different combinations. Just cos Owen and Rooney are two of the best English strikers doesnt mean they play off each other. Then there is the perenial discussion about too many foreigners in the Premier league.

At the time of writing this no British side won tonight and we are in danger of having no teams qualifying for the finals, that says it all really.

i thought Lescott was poor. Looked below par

England will qualify, Keep the faith

Always the optimist HP :clapper: . However, there will not be an England team at next year's euro championships :( .

r_and_l, Sport Lover is pretty much spot on with his analogy of things. There's also the fact that we are a nation of losers who are too quick to take second rate sportsmen and women into our hearts. Look at people like Henman,Bruno,Gascoigne etc etc. The british/English people are stupid enough to engraciate themselves with people or teams that finish as NEARLY winners.

Look at how athletes are adored because they got a bronze or silver at the olympics, it's crazy. Could you picture the Americans, Germans etc being happy with second in anything at all?. NO, because they actually want to win. Over here we're always happy to say "well we gave it our best and could have asked for no more than the effort that was given".. Absolutely stupid. Until we as a nation get the "winning mentality" drilled into our so called "superstars", or atleast get a manager/coach who has this mentality and can drill it into the overpaid nancyboys that represent our country, we will always be a nation of second rate underachievers.

Like SportLover says, "we are in danger of having no home nation representatives at next years euro championship", this would be an absolute travesty and if the gutless FA don't get rid of McClaren after the Croatia game next month and get out their cheque book to secure the services of somebody such as Hiddink or even Mourinho, I'm afraid that the English football team will end up being nothing but a laughing stock.

Guest postman pat

gutless commitee always pick a yes man as manager.thats why people like Brian Clough never managed ENGERLAND they are afraid that they would not be in control :c:

The reason there are too many foreign players in the premiership is because all english players are all over rated in terms of price, why pay out shed loads of money for a player when you can get better abroad for alot cheaper?

Couldn`t really care less about england anymore to be honest, Blunt i know but its been the same for years now, get a manager in, he loses some games, get rid of manager, get another manager in, he loses some games, get another in etc etc etc blah blah blah. Boring.

We slip up as others have said the management are not brave enough to change things take out the likes of frank lampard etc i know the currently boss has done this but he has his favourites thats obvious i mean his love child stuart dowing why on earth take him??

Jose would b a fantastic coach for England as Coopsie said he would drive the mentality in the team that we can win the tough games. Which is what we need. I admit he was a nutter in interviews & he has his favourites & would tell the whole team to fall like a card house but still he would bring back the fun.

Guest crosser

I don't think England have choked, if anything over that last few years we have always managed to get the job done to qualify for the major tournaments, of the top of my head i can remember the Italy game under hoddle where we got the result done, scotland under keegan and greece under sven.

I think to many people have to high expectations of what england should do when we qualify for major tournaments, until people realise that we are a last eight side on probably on merit then we need the luck to be on our side to make it to the semi's or a final. Stand to be corrected but two semi final's in 40 years kind of backs this up.

Unfortunately just as the majority of people thought Mclaren is not up to the job and that is now being proven, we should have qualified from this group but that is just a pipe dream at the moment because even if Israel do take something of the ruskies I can't see us beating croatia with him in charge but maybe the players would dig deep to recreate a Italy or Greece performance.

Old saggy chops is the way forward.

Harry for England :clapper: