Truro GWRSA 8-3 Regent

DIVISION 2

Booters 3-0 Halsetown

Calenick 2-7 Star

Mpad United 3-4 Shortlanesend (H/T 2-1)

Truro United 1-9 Gloweth United

www.football.mitoo.co.uk

Oxford 2 TMS 7 (h/t 2-3)

A good open game to start with, end to end stuff with the Oxford taking the lead through Rich Ward after a great run by Rob Hosking, a pretty even first half saw TMS somewhat fortunately go 3-1 up before sub Tristan Day pulled one back right on half time, but the game really turned on its head when TMS were awarded a penalty just after half time and the ref who I wont name but was C**P gave the goal after the TMS player took the kick it hit the post rebounded straight to him and he scored (the ball was not touched by another player so should not have been given!) :angry: this really seemed to affect our concentration and TMS to their credit took full advantage to score again soon after to put the game out of our reach at 5-2

that penalty and the dreadful decision really changed the game at a time when we were really pressing to get back into it and i'm not saying we would have won but it would have been a hell of a lot closer than it turned out, to give the ref a little credit when he probably doesnt deserve any he did admit his mistake afterwards. Well done to TMS who just got on with the game when we were still p***ed off with the ref and probably just about deserved the win

Another toughie against Fal Albion next week, bring it on :unsure:

Guest Tremough Old Boy

Tremough 1 Falmouth Albion 2

How Tremough lost today nobody knows, Albion came, were played off the park, stole two goals and left. Tremough started brightly and Luke lifted a chance over the bar, then Sammy somehow guided his header just wide. Tremough were on top right the way through the half with Albion restricted to long balls which Mike, JJ and james dealt with easily all game, Albions first chance came on the half hour when a free kick was deflected in off the wall and into the bottom corner. The rest of the half was all Tremough but that final pass was always missing and when it came the finish wasnt there to match it. The 2nd half was more of the same flowing football from Tremough which, from their first attack they scored, a clearance fell kindly for Kirby to fire in. Kirby then had a header tipped away and a one on one that the keeper and saved first then the defender cleared off the line. Foot then had a free header that went the wrong side of the post before he was denied again by a great save from the keeper. Manley had some decent efforts that went agonisingly wide before Albion won it with 5 minutes remaining, even though the goalscorer was a mile offside, with the linesman flagging, he ref gave the goal and ignored the protests. Powell came on and with the last kick of the game should have equalised but screwed his shot narrowly wide, after great play from Erik. Tremough only had themselves to blame for not converting chances which in the end proved too costly.

well i think you should give credit to albion for some great defending and a determination never to give up. i htought second half we were always in the game so to say you played us of the park is a bit unreal but we all see things differently and at the end of the day you got to beat the keeper.

TO, TREMOUGH OLD BOY... I CAN UNDERSTAND YOU . BEING GUTTED AT LOOSING 2-1 WITH A

LATE. GOAL. BUT TO SAY YOU PLAYED US OFF THE PARK.? YOU PLAYED VERY WELL AT TIMES.

YOUR PASSING AND MOVING. WAS GOOD. BUT SO WERE OUR LADS. WE GOT STUCK IN. WE GRAFTED

AND RODE OUR LUCK. THATS ALL INCLUDED IN OUR LOVELY GAME. ITS FOOTBALL. IT LAST 90 MINS

WITHOUT. TRYING TO SOUND FRESH. MY FREND.WE HAD .A COUNTY CUP MATCH AT 2-30 THIS AFTERNOON

SO WE HAD AN UNDER STRENTH SIDE OUT IN AWAY. SO MAYBE YOU GOT OFF LIGHTLY. ? I DONT KNOW.

WE ALWAYS HAVE GOOD DERBY GAMES WITH YOU FELLAS.SOME YOU WIN. AND SOME. YOU LOOSE.

YOU WOULD BE BETTER RESPECTED. IF YOU TOOK IT ON THE CHIN. AND SAID THE BEST TEAM WON......

AS THATS WHAT HAPPEND. AND RETURN THE COMPLEMENT. IN THE RETURN MATCH. P.S.

YOU ARE A VERY GOOD TEAM. FELLA. YOU JUST GOT BEAT ON THE DAY. GOODNIGHT. :clapper:

A fair report from stevethedoor, which I hope the TMS boy's will agree with. 7-1 .v. Tremough last week and 7-2 today in games when we've played some good attacking football and battled hard. But, as they say, goals win games so if (no..WHEN) we do start banging them in, someone is gonna take a pasteing of us! Well done to TMS today, I thought the game was played in a competitive but fair spirit.

Guest Hayle Caesar

The defenders arm was raised above his head in the penalty area and it changed the direction of the ball. It was a penalty! Always a harsh decision to concede a penalty but that is part of the game.

Got no real problems with the awarding of the penalty, just the basic school boy error by the ref in awarding the goal, we were right in the game up until that point but afterwards we let it get to us and fell apart a bit, and as damo said 14 goals conceded in two weeks looks bad but in both the games we have plyed some good football but just not taken our chances against two of the best teams in the league.

Having played Truro GWRSA, TMS and Tremough now in our first season in div 1 we have found it a big step up the main difference being that when you make a mistake at the back the finishing is much better than div 2, of the three teams gotta say it think Tremough played the best football against us, but Truro seemed the better organised team, but we will keep battling and eventually start scoring the goals, we have got the players that are good enough we've just got to do the business in front of goal

Guest geachy1

yes keir it was a gud win evan though we didnt have are two strikers playing,

jake was up ready to go, but deano was couldnt be botherd 2 go and let the team down leaving us with out himself or jake,jake needed a lift from him.

it ment mark taylor who was stand in manager 4 that morning had to re do the team minutes before kick off.

Unfortunately Geachy for personal reasons I was unable to make it and didnt have my phone on me to call, but after speaking terry evening before it was clear we would have enough players.

For the first time this season I have not rang a stupid amount of players to wake them up and go round their house the get them up and give them lifts and I get criticised for it ??????

Guest geachy1

here we go again classic deano and his excuses,

you full of sh1t ,

how come u didnt lit jake know as far as he knew u were ment to pick him up but u didnt tell him.

dnt try justifing yourself, you always doing things like this and im not just talking about football matters.

As I say Personal matters which I dont wish to discuss on public forum

A) as i say this is the first week in two half years of me playing sunday football that I have not been up early ringing people and going round people houses to get them up and ready for football

B) People should maybe appreciate what I do in what I have just said, I aint a taxi if i cant make it you shud have other ways of getting there

C) You know I love sunday football and would not miss it for good reasons

D) I am now having a break from football again due to personal reasons and the hassle i have got for no real reasons

Have nice day

Guest geachy1

the thing is deano i dnt have a problemwith you wanting a break or what ever.

its signing on 4 a team then bovering to turn up when u feel like it.y didnt you let jake know then if you wernt going you didnt tell any 1 so stop lying.

at 8pm on saturday night i rang you and you told me you were well up4 it.

people dnt expect you 2 taxi them around as you say and that not what the argument is about, ur trying to use that as a defence because you got no explanation to letting us down!!!

a) Am the first person not to turn up on sunday league ?? I dont think so, did you kick up a fuss about anyone else

B) when jake has not turned up and leaving me to constantly ringing him and driving round his to try and wake or get him to come and he hasnt have you said anything ?? I dont think so

c) I am not lying bout anything, if you were actually wondering Y i have not been able to make it on sunday Y dont you ask me instead of persuming

I have a perfectly good reason geach, but the trouble is all this bickering and bitching and not one person has come up to me and said Y ?????? Should find out facts before questioning.

when jake dont turn up does he ever let me know ?I cant be believe i am even getting involved in this

but i would appreciate it if you wouldnt talk bout me in this way on open forum

At the end of the day for two and half years I have played sunday football and this is only the second game I have ever missed, I would say thats a pretty good record wouldnt you !!!!!!!!!!!!

Again I would Appreciate it if you would not speak to about me like this on open forum, if you have any issues you have my number !!

The defenders arm was raised above his head in the penalty area and it changed the direction of the ball. It was a penalty! Always a harsh decision to concede a penalty but that is part of the game.

I may be wrong, but I don't recall anythng in the Laws of the game about it being of any importance at all whether the ball changes direction. The ONLY imporant bit is whether the defender INTENTIONALLY handles the ball.

I do remember a highly thought of referee (Now an assessor) saying to me "I know you didn't mean it, but it was a penalty."

It is an urban myth that the effect is important. It is the intent that is important.