Cornwall Football Forum

YOUR REACTION PLEASE (Made me smile).

This is a recent Gibraltar U16 v Macedonia U16 game

The fun starts if you slide across to 1.31 at the bottom but it gets confusing later AFTER the final whistle, the winners are the losers, or is it the losers are the winners, Cornish Soccer referees will love this one, Feel free to discuss.

The stadium looks familiar to me, I think it is one I go to in the Algarve and visiting in about 10 days time.

THE LINK IS: http://www.fsf.org.uk/blog/view/and-finally-dont-celebrate-in-your-own-half

Really? With that big rock behind one of the goals? The game (part of a tournament) was played in the Victoria Stadium in Gibraltar.

Gib mens international team play in the Algarve as Victoria Stadium isn't up to full international standard and for obvious reasons they cannot play in Spain. Ironically, Spain and Gib were originally drawn in the same Euro 2016 group, but following the examples of Russia-Georgia and Armenia-Azerbaijan, who will not be placed in the same group, Gibraltar were moved to another group.

Edited by Guest

I read a report a few months ago that said there were no football stadiums in Gib, as for youth football I bow to your superior knowledge, however the Algarve /uefa standard stadium has a whopping rock face behind one goal. When I looked at You Tube the second time I realised that was not the stadium I'm visiting next week but very similar. they are weird, you can stand outside look over the wall without paying, the walls are only about 5ft tall.

IN SPAIN, having a bet via the Internet can be tricky  I now have several accounts so I can bet on my footy whilst away, if your bookmaker has offices in Gibraltar you cannot bet you get odd messages without telling you why you cannot connect, the Canaries being Spanish is the same but no problems in Portugal where gambling is not permitted, you can always find a rogue bookie on a Saturday for horse racing and bet via the Internet, Euro millions and Portuguese Lotto is permitted.

The Gibraltar youngsters learned quick taking advantage in the manner they did, cheeky little beggars.

The Victoria Stadium is the only stadium in Gibraltar and plays host to many teams, similar to the Ta'Qali Stadium in Malta. I believe all their home full international games are played in Faro.

Just to add some more fascinating facts to this topic...the current Gib manager 'Davey Wilson' played a number of games for me when I was manager of Troon 1st a few seasons ago, he also played semi-pro in Scotland....and played for Troon in Scotland also!!!!! Possibly the only man ever to do this, actually that's a certainty!