Cornwall Football Forum

St Minver v Padstow cancelled this sat why????

Good evening

No great mystery on this one - just a simple human error.

The first leg was down to be played on the 27th April but unfortunately was published as 20th April.

Following conversations between the league and both clubs, it has been agreed to play the first leg at Padstow this weekend and the second leg over at St. Minver on the 27th April

Both games will kick off at 2pm.

Both clubs/teams have great respect for each other and I for one am looking forward to 2 great games.

I know plenty of the St. Minver players and the management team, Keith & Jamie, and I'm sure they feel the same way.

No doubt both sets of managers will be wanting to win this one.

I know both teams will be putting in 100% to try and get to the final.

Lets hope both games are played in the right spirit and we all have a beer at the end of the game, no matter the result.

Wayne Sellwood

Manager

Padstow Utd

Good evening

The first leg was down to be played on the 27th April but unfortunately was published as 20th April.

Following conversations between the league and both clubs, it has been agreed to play the first leg at Padstow this weekend and the second leg over at St. Minver on the 27th April

Both clubs/teams have great respect for each other and I for one am looking forward to 2 great games.

I know plenty of the St. Minver players and the management team, Keith & Jamie, and I'm sure they feel the same way.

Lets hope both games are played in the right spirit and we all have a beer at the end of the game, no matter the result.

Wayne Sellwood

Manager

Padstow Utd

Will be a good game for sure. We are away to St Columb Major Reserves and gutted I can't watch! I will be at the 2nd leg next week though!

Well Said Wayne. Nothing to add except looking forward to both encounter.

Good evening

Wayne Sellwood

Manager

Padstow Utd

Good evening

Wayne Sellwood

Manager

Padstow Utd

Can I just add that cornishlegend is nothing to do with newlyn east FC and we have no complaints with the team that played our 2nd team a few weeks ago! our first team played there first team in the cup earlier in the season n if they did fill the team with 1st teamers I didn't recognise them and I was there watching!!!54

Can I just add that cornishlegend is nothing to do with newlyn east FC and we have no complaints with the team that played our 2nd team a few weeks ago! our first team played there first team in the cup earlier in the season n if they did fill the team with 1st teamers I didn't recognise them and I was there watching!!!54

I didn't mention anything about being part of st newlyn east!! The topic was about a game being called off and why but have now been corrected and game is on.

Thanks, see you Saturday

Keith

Does the Padstow v Minver game have Ref yet? if so who?

Keith

Referee appointment confirmed earlier this evening - Francis Matulewicz.

I pretty sure we still need to provide our own ref's assistant.

Cheers

Does the Padstow v Minver game have Ref yet? if so who?

Keith

Referee appointment confirmed earlier this evening - Francis Matulewicz.

I pretty sure we still need to provide our own ref's assistant.

Cheers

I think the St Minver 1st team players would probably have struggled to finish their game against Welcome Inn, drive to St Newlyn East for an evening kick off (5pm?), then all get back to St Minver Social Club for a Fundraiser at 7.30 ........

Should be a couple of cracking games against Padstow

I think Minver & Newlyn East have kicked this guys unfounded comments into touch, Some are never happy unless making trouble where there is None.

I think the St Minver 1st team players would probably have struggled to finish their game against Welcome Inn, drive to St Newlyn East for an evening kick off (5pm?), then all get back to St Minver Social Club for a Fundraiser at 7.30 ........