Cornwall Football Forum

RIP James Hedges

A.Brown85

For tho's people that were involved with his young lad, he passed away on Monday morning at 11am.

James had played for Saltash & Elberton over the last couple of years and started this season with Vospers in the SW league.

I had the pleasure to play with James; he was a good player and had so much to offer. He played for me in Sundays Launceston Cup Quarter Finals before the accident occurred.

My condolence goes to his fiancé, friends and family.

RIP FELLA!

Andy Brown – Gunnislake FC

The link below is from the evening herald of plymouth.

http://www.thisisplymouth.co.uk/Plymouth-man-James-Hedges-Southway-dies-following/story-18450319-detail/story.html#axzz2Nw6zCsoW

Only really knew James through playing against him a couple of times but know his father Duncan well from his Parkway days. He was a good player on the pitch, and from what I've heard from people that knew him he was a lovely lad. My sincere condolences to Duncan and the rest of the family from myself and everyone at Parkway. Rest in peace James

James funeral will be Wednesday 27th March at St Andrews Church, Plymouth, 12:30pm... This will move onto Efford Cemetery and then onto Plymouth Argyle's Green Room for drinks etc.

Black ties are not required however if you are part of the local football fraternity then please wear a football scarf.

Donations are to be made to Devon Air Ambulance and there will be auctions/raffles on the day for Liverpool and Argyle shirts etc with all proceeds going to charity.

Our thoughts are with James family, fiancé and friends... We all now look to give James the send off he deserves... YNWA!!!

I knew James very well... I coached him with Sergeij at Plymouth Parkway when he was 17... We had a quality young side and its great to see so many players doing well now especially as I have the opportunity to referee them

James loved the Banter... He pushed the boundaries.... Still feeling very numb about loosing him...