Cornwall Football Forum

Tavistock to dominate

Good attempt at getting a nibble!

If the manager deems my recent performances not good enough, then so be it! Obviously id be dissapointed but who would'nt want to play in a top of the table clash?

I'll still be supporting whoever is selected to wear the red & black of Tavistock.

May the best team win!

I will be going MQ, hope to see u there so you can get the teas in for a change!! Solly, knowing the Tavi plays like I do then this guy definately has nothing to do with Tavi, just someone trying to get a reaction!

Should be a good game and il be cheering on Tavi but think Parkway might have too much going forward!

I will be going MQ, hope to see u there so you can get the teas in for a change!! Solly, knowing the Tavi plays like I do then this guy definately has nothing to do with Tavi, just someone trying to get a reaction!

Should be a good game and il be cheering on Tavi but think Parkway might have too much going forward!

But will either team bring in ringers tonight!?

History proves there might be a chance of that happening.

Very much looking forward to tonight's game, it could go either way as arguably the best attack meets the best defence. Will they cancel each other out or will we see end to end counter attack football?

The best attacking team surely has to go to the team who has scored the most goals...Bude. However, Parkway do have a game in hand so they might well end up being the leading scorers after tonight. I personally hope for a draw but think Parkway will edge it.

Sheldon, I did say "arguably" the best attacking team. Shafts, I can't agree with your comment that Tavistock totally dominated the game. There were spells that parkway had the ball for 15 mins and tavi had for 10 mins but I think parkway deserved it on the whole. Tavistock had a great spell first 15 of the game where they could have taken the lead through evo or hatchy, but great keeping and unfortunate bounces denied them. Cowling also had a great chance at 2-0 to make the end more interesting. Parkway goals a penalty and a clever finish from young from second phase of a corner. Tavi perhaps the clearest cut chances but parkway took theirs and had greater possession.

A thoroughly deserved result for Parkway in my eyes.

Defensively they were very organised and apart from a back post corner header for Christian Evans in the second half and a scuffle in the box during the first half i can't recall Tavistock actually testing Parkway. They were narrow when they needed to be and countered quickly at the right times.

Phil Daniels kept the ball well anchoring in the middle and the work rate of Bass and 'Dagzy' is it!? alongside Phil really helped contain Tavy who looked upon 5 first teamers to help get them the result, which in my eyes wasn't a shock and is poor management really.

A positive towards Tavy is that they are defensively organised and also kept it narrow and worked thoroughly hard throughout the 90 minutes.

Far too much moaning from their back line and dug-out, trying to get on the refs back every single time.

Congrats to Parkway, good luck for the rest of the season.

Take another three points of you soon. Do one

Thank you for your grammatical lesson shafts. Glad to see you are keeping on track with this game tonight. I am not sure why you are so defensive of yourself and aggressive at the same time, I gave a fair review of the game that's it. I thought parkway worked very hard and were led in example by andy Harris, fozzy and the left back played superbly (not sure of his name). I thought evo looked really good at the back tonight for tavi, was an absolute handful and proved a great battle between him and andy.

Lots of points to play for and it will be interesting to see who occupies 2-6 come the end of the season.

I was also at the game tonight,and watched a really good encounter between 2 top class sides very enjoyable.Would just like to say Naholliday has given a very good account of the game,a lot better than last week.Also knowing the Tavi management fairly well i go with Tom Hall,i don t think Shafts has anything to do with Tavi,or if he has i think Garf and Mark would defo shaft him.

Still can't believe it. Can only think, what would of happened if solly had played, missed him last night. We will keep fighting till its over. Humf Humf Humf silly silly boy, I am Tavistock through and through, till I die, bus is moving

Tom hall, this topic don't concern you, you play with the mid table boys and worry about the cup. My role is to support my team and support I will, lucky very lucky parkway last night, on another night we would of won. Any way that's gone now, keep the wheels rolling Tavistock and let's hope for a slip up.

I personally don't support either team . I watched last nights game and feel if tavi took there chances it would be a differentl story they missed at least 4/5? Chances . But it's a game of taking your chances and parkway did that , still not 100% sure it was a pen though but Lewis took his goal very well . As a neautral would love to see other people not slagging or putting other teams off this league not about 2 teams it's about 15?

Cant wait to play tavistock on the 11th May, think we will have way too much for their backline to handle. I watched the game in the week, and have to say i thought parkway dominated and deserved their win. Tavistock were poor all over the park and their first team ringers wouldnt have even got in our millbrook side.

I have no ideas who Brendon is and hoping he's seriously not one of my players. If it is someone connected to the club then let me apologise as to be honest i dont want Millbrook getting drawn into silly arguments with people hiding behind usernames with clearly ridiculous statements!

For the record i'm certain many of the Tavistock first team would walk straight to my side, (obviously!) thats why they are playing in the peninsula Prem and not ECPL.

As for us we've had a decent season and put ourselves in a reasonable position but in all honesty if we were as good as being able to turn tavi first teamers away we wouldn't have had the very poor run of results we've had over the past few weeks!

Its been a good season so far and there's still of football left to be played but lets all do our talking on the pitch shall we....and lets be honest the team that seem to be doing that at the moment are Parkway and thats why currently they are where they are!!

Swiggsy

Not getting into a situation of who's the better team BRENDON, but one slip up Wednesday night that's it, we will keep fighting I'm sure, (looks like your manager has gave up) on the plus side thank god solly is back tomorrow, not sure on the lad lowton though, thought Christian played well back there Wednesday anyway.

Not getting into a situation of who's the better team BRENDON, but one slip up Wednesday night that's it, we will keep fighting I'm sure, (looks like your manager has gave up) on the plus side thank god solly is back tomorrow, not sure on the lad lowton though, thought Christian played well back there Wednesday anyway.

My manager has not given up, think you have taken that the wrong way. Swiggsy is a fighter, and that's what we will do down at Millbrook until the end. We will beat Tavistock, im telling you that, and torpoint who we have twice. the only team I fear is parkway, no-one else. We may not have had a good run of results, but im sure thatll change. Solly at the back for tavi, did he used to play for roborough in the pandd league?...if so, hes drastic.

Yes MQ. Thought our striker Rowey missed a hatful of chances, but credit to Liskeard, having problems as a club but pulled the result out when it mattered. We will bounce back, like i said MQ.

Did you play or watch the game against Liskeard Brendon???? If so what was your verdict??

MQx