Cornwall Football Forum

Duchy 3 midweek result

Watched the game. (St.Minver Manager) Impressed with Phoenix workman like proformance and much more clinicle in the final third than Camelford. To Camelfords credit at no time did thier heads go down and were rewarded with the Final say with a consolation goal. Well played in good spirit.

K.Simmons

LC Phoenix 5 Camelford 2

Launceston College Phoenix went into this game with a makeshift defence comprising two regular midfielders. Any nerves for the alumni team were settled in the opening two minutes when Luke Williams connected with a loose ball from outside the box to drill the ball into the bottom corner. Harry Marsh impressed on his first competitive game of the season with a superbly angled shot from twenty odd yards and shortly moved to assist Williams as he claimed his second of the evening. Phoenix went in at half time three goals to the good although Camelford had troubled them more than enough to suggest this competition was far from over.

Despite threatening the Phoenix defence, Camelford allowed Leon Fowler the space to collect the ball from deep, drive forward and score yet another spectacular long range effort to give Phoenix a four goal cushion. Camelford then scored a stunning goal themselves when the Phoenix defence were too slow to act to a set piece that allowed the Camelford forward to work a long range effort into the top corner of the Phoenix goal. Phoenix debutant Jake Hobson then lashed a twenty five yard drive to restore the four goal lead. Credit to Camelford though; they played with determination and deserved another goal when Karl Spillane shrugged his marker to score from within the Phoenix area.

Two games, six points and a host of scorers- Phoenix for now are sitting high in Duchy 3.

The White Hart Hotel Man of the Match Award: Ryan Cox- used his experience to limit a potentially dangerous Camelford attack.

This was a pretty watchable game really, and it was a shame we were chasing it from the off. Have to admit the phoenix goals were of a good quality but i felt we matched them in the other departments. Also as the goals after halftime were so close together il forgive your mistake but camelford got the first before Phoenix replied, straight away. Not that it mattered in the end. A tough game to start our season and another toughy next against st minver, but if we play in the same vein then we will be a match for any in this league.

This was a pretty watchable game really, and it was a shame we were chasing it from the off. Have to admit the phoenix goals were of a good quality but i felt we matched them in the other departments. Also as the goals after halftime were so close together il forgive your mistake but camelford got the first before Phoenix replied, straight away. Not that it mattered in the end. A tough game to start our season and another toughy next against st minver, but if we play in the same vein then we will be a match for any in this league.

My apologies, OneBlueVoice- I knocked this out late last night and the truth wasn't entirely with me. You're right though- you've got a decent squad capable of mixing it with any of the teams in this league I would imagine. Look forward to the game at your place- hope it matches this one for action...

Definetely, the ref was lenient in comparison to some which definetely helped the game rattle along nicely! Always seems to be a good tussle between us even if the scoreline doesnt reflect that! St Minver seem like serious contenders before a balls been kicked though, with a sixty odd mile round trip to scout on a Wednesday night!

Definetely, the ref was lenient in comparison to some which definetely helped the game rattle along nicely! Always seems to be a good tussle between us even if the scoreline doesnt reflect that! St Minver seem like serious contenders before a balls been kicked though, with a sixty odd mile round trip to scout on a Wednesday night!

And in club trackies too!