Cornwall Football Forum

Results Sunday 13/11

MPAD 3-4 Truro

A well contested game with MPAD having the better of most of the first hour which put MPAD 2-1 up. Truro came more into the game and pushed more players forward when on the break MPAD had a possible goal disallowed. The ball looked to have crossed the line by some distance but ref couldnt be sure so couldnt give it and without 3 officials the game went on. Truro were worthy of there goals after this with the game swinging both ways. Truro last 20 minutes hit the bar, had a 1 on 1 with the keeper saved and Graham pulling off some superb saves. Truro broke with 5 minutes to go to score the winner. Truro wouldve been happy with a point and a draw would probably have been a fair result but fair play to Truro. Well done to both sets of players, was a hard physical game but both conducted themselves well. Shame about a Truro fan at the end confronting one of our players. Apparently we are bad losers....I wouldnt say the fans of Truro were dignified in victory!! As isaid though well done to all players. One of the best games ive watched this season and Truro will be a hard team to stop again with the results so far this season

Very disappointing result Darren and a game I'd say we lost in the end, rather than Truro winning.

Mike Cudlipp put us 1-0 up, but we gifted them a soft equaliser near half-time.

HT MPAD 1 v Truro 1

We then dominated the start of the second half and deservedly went ahead when Jamie 'Scrubby' Allen flicked on Will Annear's great free kick past the Truro keeper.

It should have then been 3-1. From the touchline the ball appeared to be go over, but Mike Carter, who had an excellent game, was unsighted and the Truro linesman (and manager) didn't flag.

That seemed to deflate us a bit and Truro took advantage of some poor covering and marking to score two quick goals and go 3-2 up.

We equalised almost straight away when the ball fell through to Cudlipp to poke home.

We then shot ourselves in the foot by not picking up and they grabbed the winner with less than five minutes to go.

I think I would have been disappointed with a draw as I felt we'd done enough to win. But Truro are like the Man U of Sunday football and have got the knack for winning. They'll probably go on and win the league and fair play to them, it's just a shame about their fans....

I love Sunday football, but when you encounter that type of behaviour it makes you wonder if you'd be better off doing something else...

Very disappointing result Darren and a game I'd say we lost in the end, rather than Truro winning.

HT MPAD 1 v Truro 1

We then dominated the start of the second half and deservedly went ahead when Jamie 'Scrubby' Allen flicked on Will Annear's great free kick past the Truro keeper.

It should have then been 3-1. From the touchline the ball appeared to be go over, but Mike Carter, who had an excellent game, was unsighted and the Truro linesman (and manager) didn't flag.

That seemed to deflate us a bit and Truro took advantage of some poor covering and marking to score two quick goals and go 3-2 up.

We equalised almost straight away when the ball fell through to Cudlipp to poke home.

We then shot ourselves in the foot by not picking up and they grabbed the winner with less than five minutes to go.

I think I would have been disappointed with a draw as I felt we'd done enough to win. But Truro are like the Man U of Sunday football and have got the knack for winning. They'll probably go on and win the league and fair play to them, it's just a shame about their fans....

I love Sunday football, but when you encounter that type of behaviour it makes you wonder if you'd be better off doing something else...

If youd ve lowered yourself to that level you couldve put your kickboxing to the test. Maybe back to that instead of footy haha. Funny thing is, if its the bloke i think it is, its not the 1st time. I think i know the saturday club but wont write it on here and may have it wrong. Funny thing is all the fans around him found it the right thing to do. Takes all sorts to make the world go round i guess. Rise above it mark and bounce back next sunday. Glad my dad never did things like that from the sidelines. well done to the Truro lads for ignoring it. See you in a couple of weeks for another great game

Apologise to Camborne park today I was one of the seven in the changing room really looking forward to the game and after winning are first 2 games and being potential title contenders it's gutting to just throw away the points, we actually had are strongest side of date ready to play only for us to have a phone call in the changing room that unfortunately are caretaker manager for the day who had been bringing 5 players had been in a car crash, to be honest we even said if we had a kit we were going to play with 7 but it could of been pretty embarrassing against a strong looking Camborne side, apologise again for not being able to fulfil the fixture

I'm not going to apologise to the Camborne lads for not making it as it was a maniack in a 4x4 up St Just that owes everyone an apology! I am absoulutely gutted, I've only had the car (a lovely condition very rare Focus ST170 Estate) three days and looks like it has been written of while stopped in the road waiting for one of the lads to get in. Hopefully the league and Camborne lot might let us re-arrange and maybe we could do some deal regarding the refs fees, as already said we are playing well and I think both teams would like to take the points on the pitch not off it. I have pics of the incident but can't really put them up at the moment until insurance is sorted out. Would have liked to have let everyone know a bit earlier than I did, but not easy when photo's addresses etc needed to be taken down.

HT MPAD 1 v Truro 1

If youd ve lowered yourself to that level you couldve put your kickboxing to the test. Maybe back to that instead of footy haha. Funny thing is, if its the bloke i think it is, its not the 1st time. I think i know the saturday club but wont write it on here and may have it wrong. Funny thing is all the fans around him found it the right thing to do. Takes all sorts to make the world go round i guess. Rise above it mark and bounce back next sunday. Glad my dad never did things like that from the sidelines. well done to the Truro lads for ignoring it. See you in a couple of weeks for another great game

Most of the Truro players seemed okay, but that one player did seem to have an attitude problem. But if that's the way his Dad behaves on the sidelines then it's not a surprise he acts like that on the pitch.

I'd be totally embarrassed if my Dad did that when I was little!

But I do think that a spectator (I'm using that term loosely), who encroaches the playing area, albeit at the end of the game, and attempts to start a fight with an opposing player should be banned.

Anyway, on a more important note I hope none of PZ lads were hurt in the car crash.

Camborne Park v Penzance Astro Park

This match was called off by the visiting team as players travelling to the match had been involved in a car accident this morning.The home team and referee were changed and ready to go but Penzance only had seven players at the changing venue and no kit so it was a disappointing morning.

Apologies for that Nigel, as mentioned by a couple of the lads here they were well up for the game, and annoyingly we had 12 players which after the problems we had a few weeks ago makes it all the more frustrating. I was away but am happy to report that everyone is ok. The match is being re-scheduled which is obviously a relief to us because we don't want to lose the points without any effort. I would accept this if it was us on the other end of such an incident, and we'll be happy to pay the referees fees next time to make up for Sunday. Would hope it would be you appointed again but if not I hope we'll bump into you again at some point this season (quitting was not as easy as I thought it would be..).

PS Thanks for the concern Mark, appreciated.