Cornwall Football Forum

Perranporth AFC

On behalf of Perranporth AFC I have to announce Mick Lane has stepped down as first team manager with immediate effect due to work commitments.

The Club fully respect Mick’s decision and we would like to thank him for the time and effort he put in last season.

Mick had a tough act to follow after the departure of Ian Gosling and Steve Rowson and though some players left, a few stayed and Mick also brought in his own players and finished a respectable 8th place.

The Club have moved quickly to appoint a new manager and are happy to announce John Mitchell will be taking charge of first team affairs for the 2011/12 season.

After lengthy negotiations and the promise of 2 saturdays off to watch his beloved Chelsea , and subject to a medical. :yahoo: I am pleased to announce that I will be managing the first team along side a good friend of mine Mr Robbie Stephens as joint managers and Steve Maynard will be continuing with the training when he is available work permitting.

I feel that between us we should be able to keep last season's squad together and hopefully with the addition of one or two will make for a succesful season.