Cornwall Football Forum

Sunday 8/5/11 results

Peter Hickey Cup Final

Camborne Park 4 St.Georges 2 aet score at 90 mins 1-1

Both teams battled well despite the strong crosswind at Wendron.The pitch was in fine condition though.

St.Georges ahead as a result of a penalty by Jamie Cox but Camborne Park equalised through Peter Norfolk with three minutes of the 90 remaining.

A left wing shot was only parried by the St.Georges keeper into the path of a Park attacker in the first minute of extra time added to by a Dave Bartlam shot.St.Georges pulled one back but a goalkeeper's handling mistake allowed Peter Norfolk to score his second goal of the game.

Grateful thanks to my excellent assistants,Paul Butler and Donovan Hodgkin.Donovan stood in at the last minute.

Peter Hickey Cup Final

Camborne Park 4 St.Georges 2 aet score at 90 mins 1-1

Both teams battled well despite the strong crosswind at Wendron.The pitch was in fine condition though.

St.Georges ahead as a result of a penalty by Jamie Cox but Camborne Park equalised through Peter Norfolk with three minutes of the 90 remaining.

A left wing shot was only parried by the St.Georges keeper into the path of a Park attacker in the first minute of extra time added to by a Dave Bartlam shot.St.Georges pulled one back but a goalkeeper's handling mistake allowed Peter Norfolk to score his second goal of the game.

Grateful thanks to my excellent assistants,Paul Butler and Donovan Hodgkin.Donovan stood in at the last minute.

A first half totally dominated by St Georges. Camborne Park didn't really turn up. 0-0ht

After a good telling off and kick up the rear end, Park came out with alot more Ooomph about them for the second half, with Peter Norfolk missing 3 one-on-ones.

5 minutes from time, last ditch defending saw player/manager Dave Bartlam doing a bit of last ditch defending... Falling a player in the box in the process, gifting St Georges a penalty... 1-0.

A fantastic come back saw Park hit St G's on te break, with a foul being committted on the edge of the box. Man Of the Match Malcolm Nicholls stepped up, smashing the ball into the 6 yard box for Peter Norfolk to get enough on the ball to put it in at the far post. 1-1 FT

Extra time come and Park finally had a bit of belief about them, trying to go at St Georges and attack. To be quite honest, I can't remember a great deal from there, I was still seething over my stupidity of gifting the penalty and almost throwing the game away.

Park then scored twice through Peter Norfolk again and Andrew Phillips. St Georges then broke off down the left wing, striking the ball at Tom Collett in goal, only for him to parry it onto the waiting foot of a St Georges player. 3-2.

All to play for now until 10mins from FT AET... Foul conceeded on the edge of the box, Ryan Breakwell crossing the ball for a St Georges defender to head out.. I was sat waiting on the edge of the box, hit it.... 4-2. Still a huge battle after that but a brilliant win for Park.

A huge thanks to Wendron for hosting the final, great for the lads to be in front of a camera for the FA's RESPECT campaign, and an honour for myself to be interviewed on behalf of park after the game. Also a big well done to all 3 officials, Great to see Nigel having yet another great game in charge.

Team for Camborne Park (and scorers(G))

GK - Tom Collett

LB - James Turpie

CB - David Spencer

CB and MoM - Malcolm Nicholls

RB - Ashley Wills

RW - Mert Screen

CM - Jacko (For Andrew Phillips (G), 65min)

CM - Ryan Breakwell

LW - Peter Norfolk (G x2)

ST - Aaron Butler (For Luke Ellis, ET +18)

ST - Dave Bartlam (G)

A great game! A huge shout out to St Georges though, Played us off the park for the majority of the match

League Cup Semi

Truro GWRSA 4 PZ Astropark 1

Well done to Railway on reaching another final, can't remember any team doing the quadruple before but only 2 games away now I guess. We played against a very strong side today but I'm chuffed to say that for over an hour we held our own and perhaps even shaded the first half. Railway would probably argue that they never got started but we played some great stuff early on and took the lead just after half-time following a tidy finish to a decent move by yours truly :lol: . We held the lead for 10-15 minutes before Truro equalised and piled on the pressure with the wind to go ahead. We lost our shape totally pushing to get back in it and conceded 2 more in the last 10 minutes or so.

Possibly could have been a different story if we hadn't lost our centre-half with concussion (and memory loss :o ) just before half-time as he was doing a tidy job on Railway's lightning-quick striker. With only 1 sub we had to play people out of position and couldn't make the tactical change that we needed to. Also had a more than decent shout for a pen when 1-0 up. Still, some of our keepers decisions were seriously dodgy and Railway punished our mistakes and could have scored a few more too.

Best of luck in the final to Railway and well done my lads for a great effort. Well reffed today and nice to have a couple of linos too.

Astro MOTM - Pete Waller (covered every blade of grass, awesome mate)

PS Congrats to Camborne Park on the Peter Hickey Cup win. Hope you enjoyed your day, we had a cracker last year. Cheers :drink:

:ninja:

Bloomin eck Nige, Think everyone could tell it got to me lol! I honestly believed I threw it away!

See, I thought it was the third but the lads said it was the fourth! Never mind :D I'm just happy we managed to turn it around :)