Cornwall Football Forum

Storm FC

peggy78

As the season comes to a close on what, at one point, could have been Storm's last season in the league my only goal of keeping the club in existence this season has been realised. With that done, my next goal is to set the club up so that it never finds itself in the state that it was in this year. On the 9th of May, Storm will be holding an AGM, including appointing a committee to help run the club.

The club is looking for nominations and volunteers for the following positions, to form the General Committee going into next year. There will be a closed vote on the night, so facilitate this, any nominations/proposals must reach Adam Mitchell by 30th April. Private message me here, phone me on 07534 218069 or e-mail me - mitchella_2000@btinternet.com.

Chairman

The role of this person is to lead and take control of all official club meetings, ensuring that the agenda to the meeting is adhered to and that meetings proceed in an orderly and efficient manner. This role is not entitled to a vote during committee meetings unless it is a casting vote. This person is also viewed as a figurehead of the club, so anyone taking on this role should set an example to the rest of the club.

Club Secretary

This person will represent the club to outside bodies - league officials, other clubs, sponsors, etc. They will also be responsible for matchday arrangements - pitch, referee and communicating with the opposition. This person is also responsible for minuting any official meetings and notifying people of official club meetings and events.

Player Secretary

This position has been created to lessen the load on the Club Secretary. This person will be responsible for ensuring correct registration of players with the league and also for collecting any registration fees, fines, etc. from the players.

Treasurer

This person will look after the financial running of the club and be responsible for the payment of any bills the club receives.

Player Representatives

Storm has always been a club for players, run by the players and it is vital that the club continues to go in the direction the current players wish to take it. There will be two positions on the committee for players who wish to represent the rest of the squad. Anyone who wishes to hold this position should communicate well with ALL of the players and also commit to attending the monthly meetings.

There will be a closed vote on the night, so facilitate this, any nominations/proposals must reach Adam Mitchell by 30th April. Private message me here, phone me on 07534 218069 or e-mail me - mitchella_2000@btinternet.com.