Cornwall Football Forum

Results. Sunday 23rd February

Camborne Park vs Malabar

My lads keen to continue there 3 game winning streak, turning up at the changing rooms at 0915 this morning.. Got changed and kicked a ball around...

Then we get a phonecall at 0945 from Malabar saying they can not raise a side.

Pathetic! I know by Wednesday if I have a squad or not so thats a rediculous excuse less than an hour before kick off. Still had to pay the referee, get the nets etc down. Such an inconvenience!

Can anyone tell me what happens now? That was a quarter final 1st leg.. Do we get a by into the Semi's?

Peter Hickey Cup Quarter Final First Leg

Crowntown with Crowan 2 Wendron 8 h/t 1-3

Crowntown stung 10 man Wendron with a goal in the first three minutes but Wendron hit back strongly to lead by half time.

It was mainly Wendron's attack v Crowntown's rearguard in the second half although the home team did have some bright spells.

The elderly guy who normally plays at the back for Crowntown was on holiday in Egypt but should be back in time for the second leg so this tie is not all over yet.

Well done both teams for an entertaining morning.

Camborne Park vs Malabar

My lads keen to continue there 3 game winning streak, turning up at the changing rooms at 0915 this morning.. Got changed and kicked a ball around...

Pathetic! I know by Wednesday if I have a squad or not so thats a rediculous excuse less than an hour before kick off. Still had to pay the referee, get the nets etc down. Such an inconvenience!

Can anyone tell me what happens now? That was a quarter final 1st leg.. Do we get a by into the Semi's?

Bill is away at thr moment but im guesing the decision goes to the commitee. Not sure of outcome of game but until its put to commitee but am pretty sure you will be able to put a claim in to Malabar for expenses. Its just very frustrating especially when your there and ready

cup 1st leg

MPAD 4-3 Tremough 3,

An interesting game battled out on a small bumby pitch. Tremough took the lead after 25mins with an excellent curling shot for 20 yards. MPAD found an equalizer before letting Tremough take a 3-1 lead and Grahamin goal pulling off several good saves. Both teams made changes and it was MPADS which made the difference scoring 3 goals in the last 15 mins to win the 1st leg. Should be a very interesting 2nd leg. Game quite physical at times but sporting and well reffed

Camborne Park vs Malabar

Bill is away at thr moment but im guesing the decision goes to the commitee. Not sure of outcome of game but until its put to commitee but am pretty sure you will be able to put a claim in to Malabar for expenses. Its just very frustrating especially when your there and ready

Personally I'm not too fussed about the expenses... But I'd much rather know that a team wont be playing alot earlier than today. If they had told us sooner, I could have organised a training session or 5aside or something for our guys! I just hope the league look at this and take a course of action. Telling us less than an hour before kick off is out of order :glare: Never mind!

Beautiful day for it though :unsure:

Camborne Park vs Malabar

we did have a team on wednesday

Camborne Park vs Malabar

Personally I'm not too fussed about the expenses... But I'd much rather know that a team wont be playing alot earlier than today. If they had told us sooner, I could have organised a training session or 5aside or something for our guys! I just hope the league look at this and take a course of action. Telling us less than an hour before kick off is out of order :glare: Never mind!

I think you should Pipe down bud. Crowntown rang me 45 mins before kickoff this season not able to raise a side and you didn't see me kicking off. Yes i couldn't raise a side today but on wednesday i had a side. all my players dropped out this morning so explain how i'm meant to tell you wednesday if they dropped out this morning. I will Pay for Ref and expenses as we should.

I got let down massivly by my players today but there is no need to come on here and start slagging us off. It's the return leg next sunday. So why not just re-fixture the home leg. Just like i sadi to Bill to do when he couldn't raise a side against us. We all Play sunday football for the football so why chuck a game away. now thats Pathetic!!!

Camborne Park vs Malabar

I think you should Pipe down bud. Crowntown rang me 45 mins before kickoff this season not able to raise a side and you didn't see me kicking off. Yes i couldn't raise a side today but on wednesday i had a side. all my players dropped out this morning so explain how i'm meant to tell you wednesday if they dropped out this morning. I will Pay for Ref and expenses as we should.

I got let down massivly by my players today but there is no need to come on here and start slagging us off. It's the return leg next sunday. So why not just re-fixture the home leg. Just like i sadi to Bill to do when he couldn't raise a side against us. We all Play sunday football for the football so why chuck a game away. now thats Pathetic!!!

Sorry to hear about your players dropping about, but understand the frustration of myself, my players and the ref when we're all changed up and ready for a game... Then get a call that it's not on less than an hour before kick off, obviously I'm not going to be happy about it am I. And for the record, I am not slagging anyone off so read the post again. I am obviously hugely dissapointed we didn't get to play today, as were all the players.

Camborne Park vs Malabar

Sorry to hear about your players dropping about, but understand the frustration of myself, my players and the ref when we're all changed up and ready for a game... Then get a call that it's not on less than an hour before kick off, obviously I'm not going to be happy about it am I. And for the record, I am not slagging anyone off so read the post again. I am obviously hugely dissapointed we didn't get to play today, as were all the players.

I do Understand as i've been there this season. Thats the problem with sunday football, these things happen and every club should be prepared for it. The managers and people that run the sides do all the work to get everything prepared just for idiotic players to go out on a saturday night and not bother txting to say they aint playing. It's a shame players don't realise all the work Managers do for the teams. I'm Sorry for the late notice this morning and hope everything is sorted out properly.

Camborne Park vs Malabar

I read the post again, calling the team pathetic is slagging them off, it's Sunday football. If it was a Saturday and the game was called off at the same time you wouldn't care so much the only difference is there being a 10:30am KO not 2:30. You spoke to the manager, all sorted, chirping up on here is not really needed is it.....??

[Hodges, Don't worry... It was just a bit annoying so close to kick off, but it does happen! You're definitely right though, The lads don't realise how much hard work is put in to running the club! Especially for myself as I've only just taken over at CPFC, and now in the process of trying to secure sponsorship etc so we can field a Saturday, Sunday and youth side next yeat

Jasa... I said "pathetic"... Not "the club is pathetic"... Read again! It was pathetic hearing of a no-show so close to kick off. End of. I'd be just as annoyed be it a Saturday or Sunday, regardless of the time. It was the fact it was so close to kick off. As Ive stated at least 10 times now!

Malabar United kicked from Hickey cup for not raising a side on the day. This is a joke as it's happened to me this year in the league and being a fair person i said they could re-fixture the game. But as we've now been treated like this i'm going to demand the points from the game.

I understand is unacceptable not raising a side on the day but we have loads of weeks avaiable to re-fixture the game.

Oly reason people play sunday league is to play football. so the league decide that chucking away two game is better. Well Done guys!!!