Cornwall Football Forum

There seems to be little comment on this years race for the most prestigious award in Duchy Junior football, and with the season kicking off as soon as the 18th August i think it's time it begins!

St Teath have gone, Gunni have lost a number of players, Torpoint do not even have a team at the moment and St Columb are back again so who will challenge for the title?

Will Saltash and Fowey be the teams to watch out for? Or is there a dark hourse?

Discuss :yahoo:

There seems to be little comment on this years race for the most prestigious award in Duchy Junior football, and with the season kicking off as soon as the 18th August i think it's time it begins!

St Teath have gone, Gunni have lost a number of players, Torpoint do not even have a team at the moment and St Columb are back again so who will challenge for the title?

Will Saltash and Fowey be the teams to watch out for? Or is there a dark hourse?

Discuss :yahoo:

Torpoint don't have a team???? Just spoke to a Cally E.C player and he said that Torpoint 3rd's beat them 7-1 or 7-2 in a friendly. Don't know if this is true though, you know what player's are like they don't know what day of the week it is let alone who they are playing against. :rolleyes:

Yeah Torpoint do have a side, I heard they beat Cally as well.

Who have Gunni lost then? Would it be fair to say that the quality of the Duchy Prem will not be as good as recent seasons with Gunni and Torpoint losing their best players or are there some up and coming teams/players to look out for?

Bodmin Saints 3 - 6 Bodmin Town 2nds

At first glance one could believe Saints were crap but I have a sneaking feeling they might well be in the mix come May. This is a team that doesn't lie down!

I hear Nick Dowling doesn't rate Dave (Deejay) Jeffreys. Deej had four clear-cut chances and took two of them with ease. Fifty percent is a good return for any striker in my opinion. Should add Steve (Trigger) Hosken got Saints first goal with an unstoppable header. All in all Saints didn't look at all bad against Town 2!

Well this is how i see it

Torpoint will have a good side this yer even if they have lost star striker Brian Stacey to Saltash 2nds.

And Gunnislake may have lost the Kelly Brothers but two men dont make a team.

Lamerton will by be looking to compete this year with a new management team at the helm and complete sqaud rebuild.

They already host one of the best records in the duchey league with silverware in the last seven years and Devon cup winners.

Also having a strengthed defence infront of probably one of the best goalkeepers in the duchey for the last 15 years they wont conceed many.

Midfield players they have are also renewed and the odd ex pro in there as well, and upfront not a complete rebuild through out the team but a damn good sqaud of players this year.

They looked good in the friendly against Tavistock this week even if loosing the game due to maybe a touch of lack of fitness in the second half which will come with games.

They could well be the dark horse you talk about!?!